Unregistered

What should I do to clear IES Exam?

sir,
I am going to write ies exam.
i want to know what should i do to clear exam

26th July 2011, 08:41 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: What should I do to clear IES Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,
I am going to write ies exam.
i want to know what should i do to clear exam
Dear friend this is totally depend on you how can you face this exam.............

For this exam you must prepare from all things because this is a tough exam .......

There is some rule and regulations for clear this exam.........

1.MAKE A ROUTINE

2.TIME MANAGEMENT

3.BASIC SHOULD BE CLEAR

4.MAKE A NOTES

5.DISCIPLINE

6.ACTIVE

These are best thing from which you can clear your IES exam..............
26th July 2011, 10:49 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to clear IES Exam?

For any competitive exam thorough preparation is the key to success. So for that you must first be aware of the areas and the type of questions that will be asked for the exam. You must make a timetable based on the various areas that you need to cover. Also keep some time aside to solve the past papers. It is a must that you revise the portions covered once a week. If you need guidance you may join any reputed training institute.
27th July 2011, 09:11 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi...the indian engineering services examination is conducted in the field of four subjects and they are civil,mechanical.electrical and electronics branches .,so if you are from the above four field then you should start by revising your engineering syllabus ,real hard work and practice is required to clear this exam .
the examination consists of total of five papaers which are examined over a period of three days ,day one is the general science paper,day 2 is the objective part one and part two,day 3 is the conventional part 1 and part 2 papers .so you can understand that the competetion is quite high for the examination so my advice would be to join some coaching centre like the made easy academy ,the fees is around 35 thousand for the entire course and you can have the details of the academy at the following website www.madeeasy.org
also my advice would be to follow the standard text books which we have followed in the engineering course rather than the materials of the academy,the materials should be used only for the purpose of solving the problems ,i am also attaching this years general paper to give you an idea of the general studies part
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GAT.pdf(493.7 KB, 41 views)
27th July 2011, 10:27 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

UPSC conducts the IES exam every year. Only listed engineering branch students are eligible to take the exam :

CIVIL ENGINEERING
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
ELECTRONICS & TELECOM ENGINEERING

The IES exam is of 1000 marks.The exam is divided in two papers :
I—Objective Papers
II- Conventional Papers

As the question asked are related to branch are more and carry much more marks so one should read his book carefully.

General Ability Test: consist of two part Part A: General English and Part B: General Studies.You can prepare for these papers from some grammar books and for general studies read class 6 to 10 history ,geography books.

You should make proper notes of the important thing which come across you

Study at least 10 hours a day .

Download previous year papers and practice for the exam.
31st July 2011, 01:14 PM
anil_kumar89

The examination consists of total of five papers .

Day one is the general science paper,
Day 2 is the objective part one and part two,
Day 3 is the conventional part 1 and part 2 papers .

You should follow the standard text books which we have followed in the engineering
course rather than the materials of the academy,the materials should be used only for
the purpose of solving the problems .

so you can understand that the competetion is quite high for the examination so my
advice would be to join some coaching centre like the made easy academy ,the fees is
around 35 thousand for the entire course and you can have the details of the academy
at the following website www.madeeasy.org
25th August 2012, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

sir ,
I Am preperaring for IES join couching too and study is in full boost but i feel my time managment is nou enough can u suggest me some tips on this...my class is from 1-5pm and m start study in morning 7.30 to 12.15 curreny subject and after class 6.30 to 8.30 english and aptitude GS then 9pm-2 pm conventional of previous cover subject and its ppr of 3 and that subjects go though revise...plz guide me on this...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?