11th January 2018, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to study LLB if passed 12th 3 years back?

What should I do to study LLB? I have passed Higher Secondary (12th) exam from West Bengal Board in 2015 and scored not so good but still 61%.

13th January 2018, 01:47 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to study LLB if passed 12th 3 years back?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue B.A LLb course not LLB course as according to your educational qualification.

The required qualification to pursue B.A LLb ( 5 years ) is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board in any discipline.

You can appear in CLAT examination and after qualifying in it will become eligible to get admission in NLU's.

The required minimum aggregate to appear is 45%. For syllabus and other detail about CLAT examination visit at www.clat.ac.in.
13th January 2018, 03:40 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for Common Law Admission Test to get admission in Bachelor of Law course after 10+2.

Eligibility criteria for CLAT examination:

1. You must have minimum of 45% marks in 12th if you belong to general and OBC category. It is relaxed by 5% for SC/ST candidates.

2. In March, 2017, SC stayed age criteria for this exam. Now, there is no upper age limit defined for this exam, earlier it was 22 years.

You can apply for CLAT 2018.
13th January 2018, 05:34 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

LLB stands for Bachelor of legislative law and for pursuing same degree course of five years the required educational qualification is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board of education.

Further as far as you are concerned about the possibility of your admission in LLB degree course having completed your Class 12th with only 61% marks three years ago then you should not be worried about your low percentage of marks in your Class 12th for pursuing LLB degree course as admission in LLB degree in top universities is done through entrance examination rather than through the merit based on marks secured in Class 12th.

For admission in top universities like National Law Universities, Delhi University, Banaras Hindu University, etc. for pursuing same degree course you need to qualify their respective entrance examination which are CLAT, DU LLB entrance examination, BHU UET, etc. .
13th January 2018, 06:04 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to pursue LLB after completing 12th board.
If you are interested to pursue LLB then you have two options. First one is BA+LLB which you can pursue after passing 12th. Second one is LLB which you can pursue after completing graduation.
You have to choose your path.
But for both you have to clear entrance examination to get admission.
Some of the colleges to pursue LLB are as follows:-
Chanakya National Law University
Address: Nyaya Nagar, Mithapur, Patna, Bihar 800001
Phone: 0612 235 2300

Government Law College, Mumbai
Address: 'A' Road, Opposite Churchgate Railway Station, Churchgate, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400020
Phone: 022 2204 1707

Faculty of Law, Banaras Hindu University
Address: Banaras Hindu University Campus, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221005
Phone: 0542 236 9018

ILS Law College
Address: Law College Road, Chiplunkar Road, Shivajinagar, Pune, Maharashtra 411004
Phone: 020 2565 6775
14th January 2018, 06:12 PM
sarika1993

Yes. You can apply for LLB course through CLAT after 3 years of completion of your bachelor's degree.

CLAT Eligibility
- You must have passed bachelor's degree in any discipline with at least 45% from a recognized university.
- No age limit.

CLAT Exam Pattern
- English
- Mathematics/Quantitative Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Legal Aptitude
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?