29th July 2012, 11:39 PM
simran4

What should I take after 12th to get admission in universities offering software engineering

what should i take as the first step after 12th to get admission in universities which offer course in software engineering

Related Questions:
  1. List of the top 10 universities in India and Malaysia offering software engineering?
  2. Top universities offering MS in Communication Engineering? Exams for admission in those colleges?
  3. Universities in India offering MS program in computers?
  4. What should I do after 12th to become a software engineering? Best institutes offering the course other than IITs? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Best universities offering genetic engineering course in North Indian? What are the prospects in this field?
  6. How to get admission for Mechanical Engineering in US or UK or Australia after completion of Diploma in Mechanical? Best universities offering this course in these countries? Duration and Fee structure for this course?
  7. Which are the universities offering Ph.D in Sanskrit? Universities offering Ph.D without entrance?
  8. What's the eligibility criteria for doing MS(Mechanical engineering) from Germany? How may I get details about admission procedure and scholarship available? List of top universities offering mechanical engineering in Germany?
  9. Top universities offering M.Pharm and what is the their admission procedure?
  10. Universities which are the best to do M.Tech in Software Engineering?
  11. MS course offering universities in Germany?
  12. How to take admission in software engineering after passing 12th commerce
  13. Will it be good to do M.S or M.E in correspondence? List of universities offering correspondence or part time courses?
  14. Which are the recognized universities offering M.Ed course? What is the duration of the course?
  15. How to get admission for Mechanical Engineering in US, UK and Australia after completion of Diploma with Mechanical stream? List of universities offering this course in these countries?
  16. List of universities offering B.Tech course in Abroad for 12th Science student? Procedure to get admission? -- [New]
  17. What are the colleges available for me after scoring 91% in diploma Civil?
  18. List of universities in Germany offering MS in automobile fields? What are the requirements I need to fulfill?
30th July 2012, 01:48 AM
ab7777

Default Re: What should I take after 12th to get admission in universities offering software engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by simran4 View Post
what should i take as the first step after 12th to get admission in universities which offer course in software engineering
Hi Simran

Software engineering is the application of a systematic, disciplined, quantifiable approach to the design, development, operation, and maintenance of software, and the study of these approaches; In simple words it is the application of engineering to software.

You will have to complete your B.Tech(Bachelor of technology) or B.E(Bachelor of Engineering) as the first step after standard 12. You will have to appear for several entrance exams of various colleges all over India to get admission in these universities.
As such very few universities offer a software engineering bachelor's course. Few of the good software engineering colleges are:

1.Indian Institute of Information Technology
IIIT-Bangalore,
26/C, Electronics City,
Hosur Road,
Bangalore, 560100.
Phone +91 80 4140 7777 / 2852 7627
Official Website : http://www.iiitb.ac.in

2.Anna University
Registrar
Anna University
Sardar Patel Road
Chennai 600 025
Tamilnadu
India

Official Website:http://www.annauniv.edu/

3.SRM University
SRM University, SRM Nagar
Kattankulathur - 603203
Kancheepuram District,
Tamilnadu

Official website:http://www.srmuniv.ac.in/

The admission of IIIT Hyderabad is on the basis of AIEEE exam while of SRM is through an exam called SRMEEE. Both these exams are held in the month of either april or may. The admission forms are available from december onwards.
Study well for these exams and clear them in order to do your software engineering bachelor's course.

Good luck
30th July 2012, 11:04 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I take after 12th to get admission in universities offering software engineering

First of all in 12th you should study in science stream with mathematics subject. As you want to take admission in software engineering universities that means you wan to be a software engineering. Now to become software engineering after 12th appear in engineering entrance examination like AIEEE, IIT JEE or any other state level engineering entrance examination. This id the first step you should do after 12th.

But obviously you must be prepared well for the entrance examination before appearing in the examination. If you can crack any one of this examination then you will be able to take admission in engineering. When you will take admission in engineering you should choose Computer Science engineering or Information Technology department. This should be your second step. Now in engineering entrance examination if you crack AIEEE then you will be able to choose colleges from NIT and also other engineering institution throughout Indian based on your rank. If you clear IIT JEE with good rank then you will be able to take admission in any one of the IIT. If you take admission through any other state level engineering entrance examination then you will be able to choose engineering college within that state only.

After taking admission study attentive all your branch related subject. In engineering courses there will be one subject software engineering, pay more attention in this subject. Because this subject is very much important for a software engineer. Also learn programming in C, C++, Java etc. When you studying Computer science engineering or Information Technology it means that you are studying software engineering.

After completion of engineering try to join in a software company like TCS, CTS, Wipro, Infosys etc. From there work in software engineering field. There are few department in software engineering also like Programmer, Developer, Testing etc. You should choose the department in which you have more interest. For software engineering you have to work a lot and also you have to take so many responsibility. Be prepared for that.

Best of luck.
24th February 2013, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

I passed 12 in commerce field n IT was also one of my subject now i want to take admission in software engineering wat should i do???
23rd April 2013, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

Jamess can you give me more information about this
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?