13th April 2017, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

What are the steps to follow to become a film director after completion of 12th standard?

What are the steps to follow to become a film director after completion of 12th standard? Can you please answer me with the complete details on the same? What should I do to ensure that I will reach my goal in future? Awaiting for the response.

14th April 2017, 10:41 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What are the steps to follow to become a film director after completion of 12th standard?

No any specific education required to become a Film Director. After completion of your 12th, You should choose B.A.(Film Making and Television Production) course.

Steps to Become Film Director
- After (10+2), Join institute which offers film direction course.
- After completion of course, Join film making house or start to work as a assistant director to some senior director in the project to get experience.
- After getting experience, You can take up you own assignment of directing film.

Top Institutes Offering Film Direction Course
- Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute, Kolkata
- Film and Television Institute of India, Pune
- National Institute of Design, Ahemdabad
- L.V. Prasad Film and Television Institute, Chennai
- Kerala Government Film Institute, Kottayam
- Adarsha Film and Television Institute, Bangalore
- New York Film Academy, Mumbai
- Annapurana School of Filmmaking, Mumbai
- Mumbai Film Academy

Required Skills For Film Director
- Knowledge of Filmmaking
- Creative Mind
- Team Work
- Leadership
- Good Communication Skills
- Managerial Skills

Career Options
If you have a good filmmaking skills, you will have multiple career options such as
- Film Director
- Film Producer
- Cinematographer
- Film Production Controller
- Script Supervisor
- Writer
1st August 2021, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What are the steps to follow to become a film director after completion of 12th standard?

What are the institutes in Canada that offer film making course
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?