26th October 2017, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

What steps I should take to get a job in banking sector after completion of BA in computer science?

I'm B.A student and last year in BA but without computer science and I am interested in banking sector so how can I do my best in the banking sector. please give some solutions. Awaiting for the quick response soon. Thank you.

27th October 2017, 07:16 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What steps I should take to get a job in banking sector after completion of BA in computer science?

Yes you can certainly join banking sector as a bank Clerk or bank probationary officer after completion of your BA ( Bachelor of Arts ) degree course even if you have not pursued computer science during your academics as for these posts the minimum educational qualification required is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Further for your recruitment as these posts you are required to qualify bank examinations like IBPS bank examination or SBI bank examination for your recruitment at above mentioned posts in nationalized bank of India. Also for details regarding these examinations you can visit the link www.ibps.in and www.sbi.co.in .
27th October 2017, 09:26 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What steps I should take to get a job in banking sector after completion of BA in computer science?

Yes, you are eligible to get job in banking sector. IBPS and SBI conducts entrance examination for recruitment in public sector banks.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

The age limit to appear in examination varies with examination and various posts.

So, you can appear in examination according to your interest. The examination is mainly conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview.

For final recruitment it is necessary to qualify in all stages of examination.
27th October 2017, 06:36 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

There is an open recruitment in the Banking sector for the posts of Clerks and Probationary Officers.

The eligibility criteria for both of them is Graduation.

The subjects you need to study and clear are :
* Quantitative Aptitude
* Logical Reasoning.
* English and Verbal Reasoning.
* General Awareness
* Banking Awareness
* Finance and Economics (Micro)

You have to be vigilant about the preparation and the recruitment notification and check the bank website (IBPS) frequently and apply for the same whenever is asked for.

Once you clear all the stages specified, you will be recruited in the Bank.
27th October 2017, 07:28 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

There is no major requirement of having computer science in bachelor degree to appear in examination.

So, you can appear in examination and after qualifying in entrance examination will become eligible for recruitment in job.

The age limit to appear in examination varies with examination.

The examination is conducted by IBPS for recruitment as Clerk, PO in nationalised bank or RRBs.

For recruitment in SBI the examination is conducted by SBI. To get detail information about examination visit at www.sbi.co.in.
28th October 2017, 08:53 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that minimum educational qualification required for applying for any bank posts ( i.e; bank clerk or bank probationary officer ) is a bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their bachelor's degree are also eligible.

So being a final year of BA ( Bachelor of Arts ) degree course you are certainly eligible for appearing in bank examinations for recruitment at above mentioned post on the basis of your educational qualification even if you have not pursued Computer Science as a subject during your academics as for these examination there is no requirement of a particular subject in the academics. But you must have little knowledge to work on computers as banking works are more often than not computer based.

Further for your recruitment as bank clerk or bank PO in any nationalized banks of India you need to clear bank examinations such as IBPS bank examination, SBI bank examination. And for details regarding these examinations you can log on to their respective official links which are www.ibps.in and www.sbi.co.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?