24th October 2017, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a software engineer after completion of BCA course?

Sir/Mam, This is my 3rd sem of BCA and I want to be a software engineer so after it what can I do for software engineering. Can you please reply me back on this? What should be the steps I need to follow? Awaiting to get the response soon. Thanks!

26th October 2017, 09:39 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a software engineer after completion of BCA course?

Yes, you can become a software engineer job after completion of your BCA course. To be eligible to become a Software Engineer, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in Computer related course from a Government recognised university. You need to attend the campus recruitment drive conducted by the software companies, you should have good Communication, Subject and Aptitude skills to get a Software job.
27th October 2017, 06:41 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

BCA refers to Bachelor of Computer Application and same is professional degree course with good career scope in software world.

But as far as you are concerned about your eligibility to become a software engineer being BCA degree holder then it is not possible as for becoming an software engineer you are required to hold Bachelor of Technology degree course in concerned trade from a recognized institute.
27th October 2017, 11:59 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

It is true that pursuing mere BCA will not get you a promising job according to the present market trend since there are many engineering graduates searching for the same jobs so the MNCs hire them as their employees.

To get a good job in the field of computers you have to pursue the MCA.

Many MNCs hire MCA graduates as the system analyst and pay them about 3-4 lacs per annum as per the present trend.
28th October 2017, 08:52 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The very first thing I would like to let you that to be an engineer in any trade you need to hold Bachelor of Engineering/ Bachelor of Technology (B.E./B.Tech ) degree in the concerned trade.

Now as you have mentioned that you are a student of BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application ) degree course which is not equivalent to technical degree so you can not become software engineer unless you pursue B.Tech/B.E. degree course.

If you are really interested to make you career in software world then the best option for you is to pursue MCA ( Master of Computer Application ) degree course after your BCA which will offer you more options in software and IT world.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?