10th November 2012, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

What to study during IPS course?

What to study during ips course?...could u please provide to me the details

11th November 2012, 10:44 AM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: What to study during IPS course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What to study during ips course?...could u please provide to me the details

IPS stands for Indian Police Service

A candidate who are aspiring to become an IPS Officer must have to apply for Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC Every year.......

>> A candidate must have completed their Graduation Degree in any Stream from Recognized Universities......

>> General Age Limit of candidate should be between 21 to 30 years......

>> Age Relaxation for OBC On upper age is +3 years, for SC/ST category it is +5 years........

>> Final year of Graduation student may also applicable for it......

>> A general category student can apply 4 times, OBC student can maximum 7 times.....

Exam Pattern:
  1. Preliminary Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Personal Interview & Physical Test

List of Subject:
  • Geography
  • Geology
  • History
  • Law
  • Arabic
  • Assamese
  • Bengali
  • Agriculture
  • Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
  • Anthropology
  • Botany
  • Chemistry
  • Civil Engineering
  • Commerce & Accountancy
  • Economics
  • Electrical Engineering

~~~~~~~~~~ Books for Reference ~~~~~~~~~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the best

With Regards.......
Dharm
3rd May 2013, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What to study during IPS course?

sir, im in 11th class so, what can i do for i.p.s,..exam,...im confused
4th May 2013, 04:23 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What to study during IPS course?

To become IPS officer you need to complete your studies.Minimum qualification required to appear for IPS exams is Graduation from a recognized university.

It is under Civil Service Exam conducted once in a Year by UPSC.To become an IPS Officer One Needs to crack Civil Service Exam.
  • You need focused study of subjects. You should analyze the syllabus, and hard work is needed to crack this examination.
  • You need to have good knowledge of current affairs and our history and administration.
  • It’s important to have some reading habits as that will help you to keep yourself updated about the current affairs. Read lots of magazines.Also you should be strong in aptitude and the subjects that you have chosen or will choose.
You can download previous year question papers from Following links:
http://www.onestopias.com/
http://www.upscportal.com/civilservices/papers
http://www.jagranjosh.com/

ALL THE BEST!!!!!!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?