31st December 2012, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

What is the process for IPS? I am a B.Com graduate

Dear Sir,
I Anvarsadique would like to request you to, want to study for IPS. I am 27 seven year old guy not married, and i am a B.COM graduate. I dont know the process of IPS.How i Can study for IPS? Please send me the full details. [email protected] is my email address.Kindly do the needfull.

Thanking you,
With regards
Anvarsadique

1st January 2013, 08:52 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the process for IPS? I am a B.Com graduate

IPS - Indian Police Service, to become an IPS officer, one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness.

Apart from this the aspiring candidate for IPS should have maintained a minimum prescribed physical requirement such as:-

HEIGHT:- General/OBC Male-165cm Female-150cm while SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm.

CHEST:- Male 84cm while Female-79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

The selection is through three stages:-

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam comprises of objective type questions.

-Civil Service Main Exam comprises of subjective type questions

-Personal Interview

So as a B.Com. Graduate you can apply for Civil Service exam for 4times for General candidate, 7 times for OBC candidate and there is no restriction to number of attempts for SC/ST candidate.

F[/URL]or more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st January 2013, 09:35 AM
24himani

Selection for IPS is done by UPSC. So you need to study for Union Public Service Commission.There are ony 3 attempts for general category. 7 for obc and unlimited for SC ans ST. So if you are from general category do not waste your chance by appearing unprepared.There is no criteria fixed for graduation marks. You just need to be a graduate.
This year forms will b out in March 2013. You need to choose your subjects for UPSC.And after choosing your subjects go through all the ncert books available for that subject and then you can go higher.So start preparing and all the very best.
1st January 2013, 09:42 AM
NARSIMULU P G

Hi Friend

Civil services minimum qualification is Any graduation,

Age limit: 21-30 years

Exam Pattern

The Preliminary Examination shall now comprise of two compulsory Papers of 200 marks each and of two hours duration each. Detailed below is the new syllabus and pattern of the Preliminary Examination, which is brought to the notice of the prospective candidates intending to appear at the Civil Services Examination (CSE)

All the best
1st January 2013, 10:29 AM
sbhndsen
Member+

IPS that is Indian Police Service, the required age is 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year of examination and must not have attained 30 years, which a candidate is appearing. Upper age limit is relaxed by 3 year for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.
For IPS, Candidate must be a citizen of India.
Educational Qualification: Candidate must possess a degree from an Indian University or equivalent qualification.
General candidate can attempt four(4) times, and seven(7) for OBC and no limit for SC/ST.

Common Physical Standard: Height for male candidate 165 cm ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm while for female 150 cm (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm and female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

As a first step you have to procure the "Application Form" along with "Information Brochure" from any of the Head Post Offices/ Post offices spread throughout the country and send the properly filled Application form to
The Secretary
Union Public Service Commission
Dholpur House, Shajahan Road,
New Delhi - 110 069

The notification of the examination is generally published in Employment News/ Rojgar Samachar and some leading News Papers.
1st January 2013, 11:26 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Being a B.Com. Graduate, you can join IPS(Indian Police Service) by cracking Civil service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical and Mental health.

Apart from this the candidate aspiring for IPS shoud have minimum physical requirement criteria like:-

HEIGHT:- General Male 165cm and Female 150cm while SC/ST Male 160cm and Female 145cm.

CHEST:- Male 84cm while Female 79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

The seletion of Candidate is through two stages of written exam followed by Personal Interview.

The eligible candidate applying for Civil Service exam is called for a preliminary exam also called as CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test).

The candidate selected from the CSAT exam is called for Civil Service Main written exam.

Final selection is conducted through personal interview from candidate selected out of Civil Service Main Exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st January 2013, 01:53 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,
I Anvarsadique would like to request you to, want to study for IPS. I am 27 seven year old guy not married, and i am a B.COM graduate. I dont know the process of IPS.How i Can study for IPS? Please send me the full details. [email protected] is my email address.Kindly do the needfull.

Thanking you,
With regards
Anvarsadique
Hello ...
Sir....
We are here to inform & provide details about any query you ask, .. You want to become a part of INDIAN POLICE SERVICE (IPS), Its sounds good. As you have completed your graduation , so you are totally eligible for this CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION, through which one can apply for the INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE & POLICE SERVICE (IAS/IPS)..
This civil service examination is conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC).

The minimum education requirements for this examination is graduation degree from any stream, but from a recognized college.So, as according to the educational qualification, you are eligible.
This civil service examination has three stages to be clear, in order to become a IAS/IPS ...

1. CSAT (CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST)

2. MAINS

3. INTERVIEW..

CSAT EXAM PATTERN--

OPTIONAL SUBJECTS IN CSAT EXAM---

OPTIONAL SUBJECTS IN MAINS--

Physical standards--

Age limit--

The age limit for this examination is 21-30 years, there are some years of the age limit relaxation are applicable for the SC\ST & OBC CANDIDATES..

Please visit for more information--
www.upsc.gov.in

Thank you!!!!
~gamble~
1st January 2013, 03:11 PM
Tarunj94

Hello friends,
As you are a candidate of B.Com , you are eligible For IPS

IPS stands for Indian Police service

IPS Selection Process :

1.IPS exam is one of the Civil Service Exam , it is conducted by UPSC once a year

2.Civil Service Exam comprise three stages
(a)Preliminary Examination
(b)Main Examination
(c)Interview

3.The Preliminary exam would be conducted in the month of May & The Main exam would be conducted in the month of October / November

4.The preliminary exam consists two objective type question papers
one comprising questions from the General Studies & marks 150 , other paper comprising questions from the Optional Subjects , selected by the candidates & this accounts to 300marks

5.Once qualify in the Preliminary exam , then candidates will be facing the Main Examination

The Main Exam comprises 5 types of papers
Paper I & II are language papers
Paper III is an essay paper accounting too 200 marks
Paper IV & V are based on General Studies , Constituting 600 marks
Papers VI , VII , VIII & IX are based on the optional subjects adding to 1200 marks

Qualify in the Main exam to eligible Interview
process

Best of Luck
1st January 2013, 03:40 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: What is the process for IPS? I am a B.Com graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,

Thanking you,
With regards
Anvarsadique

Details About IPS

Recruitment to the Indian Police Service (IPS) is done through the Civil Service Exams conducted by UPSC every year..

Candidates appearing for Civil Service Exams are required to satisfy the following conditions :-

>> Candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years for general, 21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST..

>> Candidates must have also completed their graduation in any stream from a recognized University..

>> Maximum number of attempts allowed per candidate is as follows :-
> General :- 4
> OBC :- 7
> SC/ST/PD :- No limit

Candidates need to clear the following rounds in order to get recruited :-

>> Written Exam
>> Interview Round
>> Medical Exam

The written exam shall consist of 2 rounds :-

Prelims which will test you on 2 objective papers based on aptitude and general awareness..

Mains which will test you on the basis of 9 papers consisting of your graduation subjects and English..

I have attached some of the previous year question papers of Prelims Exam and the Mains paper pattern..

You can also go through the Prelims Syllabus and the required physical qualifications for IPS..

You can visit http://upsc.gov.in for more details on the exam..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: docx IAS CSAT Syllabus.docx(12.5 KB, 62 views)
File Type: pdf IAS ENGLISH_COMPULSORY 2010.pdf(167.8 KB, 76 views)
File Type: txt IAS Exam Paper Pattern.txt(552 Bytes, 170 views)
File Type: pdf IAS GENERAL_STUDIES_I 2010.pdf(210.6 KB, 75 views)
File Type: pdf IAS GENERAL_STUDIES_II 2010.pdf(296.4 KB, 73 views)
File Type: docx IPS Physical Eligibility.docx(10.8 KB, 75 views)
1st January 2013, 10:08 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have completed your B.Com. then you can apply for IPS examination.

Any Graduates can apply for IPS examination so you must not worry if your are B.Com. student.

But your age should be according to the criteria which is given below:

-For General Category 21 to 30 years of age.

-For OBC Category 21 to 33 years of age.

-For SC/ST Category 21 to 35 years of age.

So if your age is according to above criteria and you have a Graduation degree then you can apply for IPS examination.

The examination will have three stages :

-CSAT

-Civil Services Mains

-Personal Interview

In mains exam you have to select an optional subject . So be ready with your optional subjects preparation.

Only those who qualify CSAT are allowed to appear for Mains Exam.

Merit is on the basis of marks obtained in Mains and Interview.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
30th September 2013, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
I am sagar would like to request you to, want to study for IPS. I am under 19 year old guy not married, and i have done my 12th class . I dont know the process of IPS.How i Can study for IPS? Please send me the full details. [email protected] is my email address.Kindly do the needfull.

Thanking you,
With regards
sagar
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?