8th September 2016, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

What subjects should I study in 1st year to become a Fashion Designer?

Well actually i want to become a Fashion Designer. Please, tell me that what subjects should i study in 1st year so i can join fashion designer?

8th September 2016, 06:12 PM
goyal.com
Senior Member+

Smile Re: What subjects should I study in 1st year to become a Fashion Designer?

For Fashion Designer course candidate must have passed 12th class from a recognized board of education.The minimum percentage required for Bachelor in Engineering course in your 12th class is 50%. 45% in the case of candidate belonging to reserved category.
The minimum age of candidate must be 17 years.

Some colleges offers admission in Fashion Designer course on basis of 12th marks where as some top reputed institute conducts their own entrance examination to find merit candidates for offering admission in Fashion Designer course.

Following is the 1st year subject of Fashion Designer-

>>Elements and Principles of Design
>>Pattern Making
>>Garment Construction
>>Basic Sketching
>>Elements of Fashion
>>Communication and Soft Skills
8th September 2016, 08:08 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What subjects should I study in 1st year to become a Fashion Designer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well actually i want to become a Fashion Designer. Please, tell me that what subjects should i study in 1st year so i can join fashion designer?
There is no need to study any subject in 1st year or to be precise there is no need to go for graduation degree course as for doing Fashion Designing course all you need to have is passed in 10+2 in any stream with 50% atleast from recognized Board.

Fashion Designing institute itself offering Bachelor and Master degree course in Fashion Designing. So, you can straight away join the Fashion Designing course after you have completed your 10+2 Board exam.

Admission to Fashion Designing institute is done on the basis of three stages which includes:

1. Written entrance test
2. Group Discussion round
3. Personal Interview.

Qualifying in all the three stages will lead you to get admission in this course.

Following are the list of top Fashion Designing Institute in India :

National Institute of Fashion Designing,Delhi
Address: FD- 6, Main Road, Adjacent Pitampura metro station,
New Delhi : 110034
Phone : 09311483114

Pearl Academy, Delhi
Address: A-21/3, Naraiana Industrial Area, Phase-II, Near Shadipur metro station, New Delhi- 110028.
Phone : 011 4980 7100.

National Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai
Address: NIFT campus, plot no 15, sector 4, Kharghar,
Navi Mumbai- 410210.
Phone: 022 27745549.

Symbiosis Institute of Design, Pune
Address: S No 231/4A, Viman Nagar, Pune
Maharashtra : 411014
Phone No : 020 2663 4546.

Northern India Institute of Fashion Designing, Mohali
Address: phase I, opposite DIC Industrial Area, Sector 57, shahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar, Punjab 160055.
Phone No : 0172 504 4994.
8th September 2016, 08:24 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What subjects should I study in 1st year to become a Fashion Designer?

To be a fashion designer, you must have qualified bachelor's degree in fashion technology. You can apply for bachelor's degree only after completion of 12th standard in any stream. My suggestion to you is that you should pursue 12th standard with 'Art' stream. After that you can enroll your application for bachelor's of fine art in fashion designing. During first year of course, you have to study subjects related to Visual Arts and Fine Arts.
BFA is a four years degree program. You have to study painting, graphics, sculpture and applied art during first year of bachelor's degree.
8th September 2016, 09:15 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Well as such there is no such combination of subjects that will necessarily land you up in getting the fashion designer course.

Now it is based on the counselling and your ranking in the entrance exam of that particular college/universities for which you have applied. Then only you will get the bachelor program in Fashion Designer course if you ranking in the entrance exam is appropriate.

In the 1st year all the bachelor design courses have to go through the common foundation course sub-divided into 2 semesters, which I have attached below.

Well if you require some other information, you may post your query on this forum.

Regards
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FPDCredits.pdf(66.2 KB, 31 views)
8th September 2016, 09:16 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To become fashion designer, A candidate must have done 12th in any discipline with at least 50% marks from recognised University and after that he or she has to appear in entrance exam conducted by government institutes of our country. You can appear in entrance exams such as NIFT, NIFD, SOFT etc. If you qualify the entrance exam then you have to complete your 4 year degree course in fashion designing.
Minimum age should not be less than 17 years.
8th September 2016, 09:53 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested in becoming fashion designer then you are eligible to become after 10+2 or bachelor degree.

The discipline does not matter to get admission in B.Des or M.Des course. So, after pursuing 10+2 or degree you can appear for entrance examination to get admission.

The maximum age limit to get admission in B.Des is 23 years for NIFT and there is no age limit for master degree. For more information about NIFT admission visit at www.nift.ac.in.
21st September 2016, 05:42 PM
Preeti @

Fashion designing courses:
1)Undergraduate degree
a)B.design-Fashion design(4years)
b)B.sc- Fashion design(3years)

2)Post graduate degree
a)M.Design- Fashion design(2years)

3)Diploma in fashion design

In the first year you will study following subjects like textile knowledge, Drafting and pattern construction, Garment manufacturing,Computer aided design & manufacturing etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?