28th February 2012, 03:18 PM
bunty tawade

What is the syllabus of CDS entrance exam? From where to get the notes?

I want CDS exam syllbus and notes of the entrance exam? Please send to me those

27th April 2012, 08:03 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the syllabus of CDS entrance exam? From where to get the notes?

> CDS or Combined Defence Academy is a joint service whose entrance exam is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice in a year.
For further details, visit www.upsc.gov.in
> Below is provided the syllabus of CDS exam which will help you a lot......
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Syllabus-for-Combined-Defence-Services-Examination.pdf(277.7 KB, 314 views)

Last edited by BISWAROOP YOGI; 28th April 2012 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Linking error

6th May 2012, 10:05 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: What is the syllabus of CDS entrance exam? From where to get the notes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunty tawade View Post
Combined defence service examination is conducted by the Union Public Service commission(UPSC) twice a year. To apply for this examination a candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for this examination.Candidate applying for this Indian Air force and Navy should have physics and maths at 10+2 level.

Exam Pattern
The Combined defence service examination is based on the following pattern:

Syllabus
I have attached a doc file with this thread in which the syllabus of combined defence service examination is given. You can download the syllabus from the below link.

For more information on combined defence service examination you can also visit at the below web site:
www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: docx cds syllabus.docx(12.9 KB, 75 views)

6th May 2012, 10:17 AM
a444

Default Re: What is the syllabus of CDS entrance exam? From where to get the notes?

i attached syllabus for you please see

for another details visit -www.upsc.gov.in

6th May 2012, 10:46 AM
rajmai

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunty tawade View Post
Hello Friend,

The syllabus of CDS includes

English
The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workmanlike use of words.

General Knowledge

General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject.
The paper will also include questions on History of India and Geography of a nature which candidate should be able to answer without special study.

Elementary Mathematics
Arithmetic,Algebra,Trigonometry,Geometry,Statistic s,Intelligence and personality test

Refer this book

6th May 2012, 06:27 PM
monisha_sarabhai

Hello dear,

details about CDS exam is here:

CDS exam is conducte twice in a year inthe months of May October.

the exam is conducted to select direct entry candidates as officers in the following 4 academy :

1 IMA( indian military academy) dehradun
2. OTA(officer training academy) madras
3 Naval Academy Goa.
4. Air force Academy , begumpet, hyderabad

the selection process in which 500 students are usually selected every year for all 4 academies ,has the following stages:

1.Writtten examination By UPSC
2.Intelligence and personality test by the Service Selection Board (SSB).
3. Medical examination

22nd October 2012, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

can B.A English graduate get into the IAF?

22nd May 2013, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

what is the starting salarry of cds officer at 12th level

21st June 2013, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

Plz tell me how could sumit own certificate and when

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?