10th August 2012, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

What is the syllabus for Indian Air force test?

exam syllabus for indian airforce test held on 26-8-2012...please tell me

11th August 2012, 09:36 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the syllabus for Indian Air force test?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
~~~ Syllabus for AFCAT Exam ~~~

Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) Commencing Course for January 2013 notification is released Already.I have discussed about the eligibility criteria for AFCAT exam.

1.Ground Duty Branches – The candidates who wish to apply for this should be between 20-27 years of age. He should have the PG or Bachelor degree in any subject with at least 60% aggregate marks.

2.Flying Branch – The applicant should be minimum of 19 years of age and maximum of 23 years. The candidate must have the B.E / B.Tech degree or a Graduate in any discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks.

3.Technical Branch – For this, he should be of 18-28 years of age and should have done Aeronautical Engineering with minimum 60% marks

AFCAT selection Procedure:-

Syllabus of AFCAT:-
  • Reasoning
  • Verbal ability
  • General Awareness
  • Numerical ability
  • & General Aptitude.
I have attached the Syllabus for AFCAT Exam so please check it out.

For more details visit the official website: http://careerairforce.nic.in

Attached Files
File Type: doc AFCAT Syllabus.doc(24.5 KB, 173 views)
11th August 2012, 11:21 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend........

Download the below attachment for Indian Air force Syllabus

thanking you

regards

tash
Attached Files
File Type: pdf English.pdf(15.0 KB, 284 views)
File Type: pdf Physics.pdf(39.8 KB, 349 views)
File Type: pdf maths.pdf(42.9 KB, 328 views)
11th August 2012, 12:36 PM
siddjain93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear friend,

If you want to get entry in Indian Airforce then you have to appear in AIR FORCE COMMON ADMISSION TEST (AFCAT). There are three branches in Indian Airforce . You can join any one of the following three branches-

Flying Branch
Technical Branch
Ground Duty Branch.

1)- Flying Branch -> In order to join Flying branch your age must be in between 19 to 23 years as on 1 july 2013. You must be graduate in any stream having minimum 60% marks in each paper in graduation and also you must have mathematics and physics subject in 12th.

2)- Technical Branch -> For joining Technical branch your age must be in between 18 to 28 years as on 1 july 2013. You must have B.Tech/B.E. degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical or Electronics and Communication Engineering branch of Engineering. You must have minimum 60% marks in each subject in Graduation.

3)- Ground Duty Branch -> For Graduates age limit is 20 to 23 years.
For Post graduate/LLB (Five Year Integrated course) candidates age limit is 20 to 25 years.
For LLB ( Three years course after graduation) candidates age limit is 20 to 26 years.
For M.Ed/P.Hd/CA/ICWA age limit is 20 to 27 years.

EXAM PATTERN-

There are 100 questions in AFCAT question paper. Each are of 3 marks. There is also criteria of negative marking in which you have to loose 1 mark for each incorrect question. Time duration of exam is 2 hour.

The question paper contains questions from these topics-

(a) General Awareness – History, Sports, Geography, Environment,
Civics, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Current Affairs, Politics etc.

(b) Verbal Ability in English – Comprehension, Error Detection,
Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary.

c) Numerical Ability – Decimal Fraction, Simplification, Average, Profit
& loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple interest.

(d) Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test – Verbal Skills and Spatial
Ability.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Employment_News_ Men-7888939271.pdf(136.3 KB, 136 views)
File Type: pdf File183.pdf(138.8 KB, 104 views)
11th August 2012, 02:44 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear...........

Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) 2012

Eligibility Conditions:

Flying Branch:

(a). Age Limit: 19 to 23 years as on 01/07/2013 i.e. born between 02 July 1990 to 01 July 1994 (Both dates inclusive). Those candidates holding valid Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) will be relaxed in age upto 25 years i.e. born between 02 July 1988 to 01 July 1994 (Both dates inclusive).

(b). Educational Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in any subject area with 60% Marks from a recognized University or Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Technology of 4 years with 60% Marks. Candidates must be passed 12th Examination with Maths and Physics.

(c). Physical Standards: Minimum height: 162.5 cms with correlated weight, Leg length: Min-99 cms. Max-120 cms. Thigh length: Max-64cms. Sitting height: Min-81.5 cms. Max-96 cms. Vision – 6/6 and 6/9

Technical Branch:

(a). Age Limit: 18 to 28 years as on 01/07/2013 i.e. born between 02 July 1985 to 01 July 1995 (Both dates inclusive).

(b). Educational Qualifications:

i. Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics) AE (L): Candidates applying for AE(L) branch would be eligible if they have undergone a minimum of four year degree qualification from a recognised university or cleared sections A and B examination of Associate Membership of Instituion of Engineers (India) .

(c). Physical Standards: Minimum Height (Men) – 157.5 cms, (Women) – 152 cms with correlated weight.

AFCAT Scheme of Syllabus:

1. The AFCAT Question Paper will have 100 questions. All questions will be of three marks each. For every correct answer the candidate will get three marks and for every wrong answer one mark will be deducted under negative marking. The total time allotted for the paper is two hours.

2. Each Question Paper will have questions from the following topics:-

(a) General Awareness – History, Sports, Geography, Environment, Civics, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Current Affairs, Politics etc.

(b) Verbal Ability in English – Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary.

(c) Numerical Ability – Decimal Fraction, Simplification, Average, Profit & loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple interest.

(d) Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test – Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability.

For more details visit official website of AFCAT.
http://www.carrierairforce.nic.in

Good luck...........
11th August 2012, 02:48 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear...........

Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) 2012

Eligibility Conditions:

Flying Branch:

(a). Age Limit: 19 to 23 years as on 01/07/2013 i.e. born between 02 July 1990 to 01 July 1994 (Both dates inclusive). Those candidates holding valid Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) will be relaxed in age upto 25 years i.e. born between 02 July 1988 to 01 July 1994 (Both dates inclusive).

(b). Educational Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in any subject area with 60% Marks from a recognized University or Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Technology of 4 years with 60% Marks. Candidates must be passed 12th Examination with Maths and Physics.

(c). Physical Standards: Minimum height: 162.5 cms with correlated weight, Leg length: Min-99 cms. Max-120 cms. Thigh length: Max-64cms. Sitting height: Min-81.5 cms. Max-96 cms. Vision – 6/6 and 6/9

Technical Branch:

(a). Age Limit: 18 to 28 years as on 01/07/2013 i.e. born between 02 July 1985 to 01 July 1995 (Both dates inclusive).

(b). Educational Qualifications:

i. Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics) AE (L): Candidates applying for AE(L) branch would be eligible if they have undergone a minimum of four year degree qualification from a recognized university or cleared sections A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) .

(c). Physical Standards: Minimum Height (Men) – 157.5 cms, (Women) – 152 cms with correlated weight.

The list of best books from where you can prepare for your exam.....

For more details visit official website of AFCAT.
http://www.carrierairforce.nic.in

Good luck...........
19th August 2012, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

Hi! I am Deepika Godara pursuing B.tech third year from Guru Jambeshwar University Of Science And Technology Hisar Haryana. I wants to join IAF after B.tech.
20th August 2012, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

how many entry are there to join Indian army ?
10th August 2014, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

sir now,i am studing in 12th standard, after completed my 12 th standard Iwant join the indian air force. so what the correct way,

please tell me.
17th December 2018, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir, I 'm divyadharshini Kumar I would like to get into Indian Air Force as of my wish. I am Studying still 12th can I attend entrance exam? I need much clarity about syllabus and exam date of this Year entrance 2019.. I think i would get better reply for you sir.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?