22nd January 2012, 07:13 PM
Pulkit Ved

After 12th what should I do to get selected in Indian Air Force? Details about the NDA entrance test?

After +2 what should i do to get selection in Indian Air Force?
Please tell me in detail about the NDA test & other test.

24th January 2012, 07:49 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After 12th what should I do to get selected in Indian Air Force? Details about the NDA entrance test?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulkit Ved View Post
After +2, you may write NDA Exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission to get into the National Defense Academy, for further training which is required to join Indian Air Force as an Officer.
Now, to write the NDA Exam, you must have qualified +2 level of exam with Physics and Maths as your major subjects.
Apart from this, you should have attained the age of 16 1/2 years and must not be over 19 years of age to be considered eligible for the NDA Exam
The examination is conducted two times a year.
Apart from the NDA Exam, there is no other way to join Indian Air Force as an officer after qualifying +2 level of exam.
When you qualify the Exam, you get into the academy and go through the training program which also includes a bachelors degree program recognized by Jawaharlal Nehru University and you must understand that qualifying the exam will not make you eligible for joining Indian Air Force as an Officer, instead you will become eligible for the training program at the National Defense Academy and after completion of the 3 years training program, you will be recruited as an officer in Indian AirForce.
20th January 2013, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: After 12th what should I do to get selected in Indian Air Force? Details about the NDA entrance test?

After 2 my age will be more than 19 years.
As my date of birth is 6.7.1994.
So what should i do.
20th January 2013, 05:44 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Indian Air Force can be joined through NDA entrance exam after 12th from Science stream.

NDA - National Defence Academy exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II for an entry in to Indian Army, Navy ans Air Force wing of NDA.

The eligible candidate aspiring for Indian Air Force, must be an Unmarried Indian Male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognisd Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
20th January 2013, 08:10 PM
babanpreet

Quote:
will conduct National Defense Academy (NDA) is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to Join Army , Navy & Airforce wings

Eligibility Criteria for UPSC NDA Examination :

Age Limit : Candidates date of birth must lie between 02 January, 1995 to 01 July 1997. Age Relaxation will be extended as per govt norms.

Educational Qualification : Intermediate (class 12th ) pass out or have any equivalent qualification from any recognized Board or University.

Application Fee :
1. General and OBC Candidates need to pay Rs. 50/-.
2. SC/ST Candidates are not required to pay any fee.

Fees is to be deposited through any branch of State bank of India .
21st January 2013, 03:20 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: After 12th what should I do to get selected in Indian Air Force? Details about the NDA entrance test?

Quote:

hi friend,

Qualification Require for Air Force:[/COLOR][/B][/U]

>> Applying For Both the exam A candidate should have completed their Graduation Degree in any Discipline With At least 55% from Recognized Universities.....

>> If a Candidate have Give their Final Exam and are waiting for the Result also Applicable for it.....

>> A candidate should have Nationality of INDIA....

>> Age Limit : 19 to 23 years.....

>> For OBC category have +3

>> For SC/ST it is +5 years

Exam Pattern:

1. Prelim Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Personal Interview & Physical Test

all the best........
22nd January 2013, 06:55 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have completed 10+2 with physics and mathematics then you can apply for NDA for Air Force.

For Air Force and Navy you need to complete 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics.

So if you have the subjects then definitely you will be eligible for Air Force if you pass with merit.

The age required for NDA is 16.5 to 19 years and unmarried males are only eligible for the exam.

The NDA examination will have an objective type paper and SSB Interview.

The Objective Type Paper will have questions from English, Physics , Maths, Science, Reasoning, General Knowledge and General Awareness. It will be of 900 marks.

Those who pass the objective type paper with merit will be called for SSB Interview.

SSB will be also of 900 marks and you have to complete various Group Tasks and have to face interview.

In the end those who are merit list will be selected after the medical examination.

For more information visit http://www.nda.nic.in
9th February 2013, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

syllibus
10th February 2013, 02:27 AM
mayankt

Hi,
NDA stands for National Defence Acadamy.
NDA Exam:- Recruitment of candidates to Army, Navy and Air force wings of the National Defence Academy (NDA), is through National Defence Academy Entrance Exam which is held twice a year, generally in the month of April and September. NDA exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)

Eligibility Criteria (As obtained from official recruitment website of the Indian Army)
Age between
16 ½ to 19 yrs as of first day of the month inwhich course is due to commence
Qualification
12th Class of 10+2 System of Education/Equivalent for Army and with Physics and Maths for AF/Navy
Marital Status
Unmarried
Application to be Received by
As per UPSC notification
Likely SSB Date
Sep to Oct and Jan to Apr
Date Commencement of Training
Jan and Jul
Training Academy
NDA , Khadakwasla, Pune
Duration of Training
3 Yrs at NDA and 1 Yrs at IMA(For Army cadets)/
3 Yrs at NDA and 1 Yrs at Naval Academy(For Naval cadets)/
3 Yrs at NDA and 1 & 1/2 Yrs at AFA Hyderabad (For AF cadets)

IMPORTANT DATES:-
NDA Exam I
Date of Notification:- 22.12.2012
Last Date of Receipt of Applications:- 21.01.2013
Exam Date:- 14.04.2013 (SUNDAY)
NDA Exam II
Date of Notification:- 04.05.2013
Last Date of Receipt of Applications:- 03.06.2013
Exam Date:- 11.08.2013 (SUNDAY
29th May 2013, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

I'm already in Air force just got selection thought out standing sports selection in shooting trade "y" will ho for training in June.. How can I become an air force officer as I was not having physics in 12th only Maths with commerce and currently I'm pursuing my graduation frm DU Hansraj college BA economics
30th May 2013, 12:14 AM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

:::::Eligibility for NDA exam:::::

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?