1st June 2012, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

What is the syllabus of mathematics of GATE? I am computer science student

i m from comp sc branch.which book covers the maximum syllabus of mathematics of gate.

1st June 2012, 10:11 AM
bhagyaraj1

Default Re: What is the syllabus of mathematics of GATE? I am computer science student

hi.
dear,

SYLLABUS FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE AND
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (CS)
Engineering Mathematics

Mathematical Logic:
Propositional Logic; First Order Logic.
Probability:
Conditional Probability; Mean, Median, Mode and Standard Deviation; Random
Variables; Distributions; uniform, normal, exponential, Poisson, Binomial.
Set Theory & Algebra:
Sets; Relations; Functions; Groups; Partial Orders; Lattice; Boolean Algebra.
Combinatorics:
Permutations; Combinations; Counting; Summation; generating functions; recurrence
relations; asymptotics.
Graph Theory:
Connectivity; spanning trees; Cut vertices & edges; covering; matching; independent
sets; Colouring; Planarity; Isomorphism.
Linear Algebra:
Algebra of matrices, determinants, systems of linear equations, Eigen values and Eigen
vectors.
Numerical Methods:
LU decomposition for systems of linear equations; numerical solutions of non-linear
algebraic equations by Secant, Bisection and Newton-Raphson Methods; Numerical
integration by trapezoidal and Simpson's rules.
Calculus:
Limit, Continuity & differentiability, Mean value Theorems, Theorems of integral
calculus, evaluation of definite & improper integrals, Partial derivatives, Total
derivatives, maxima & minima.
1st June 2012, 01:06 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the syllabus of mathematics of GATE? I am computer science student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m from comp sc branch.which book covers the maximum syllabus of mathematics of gate.
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all-India examination for admission to Post Graduate Programme

The paper will consist of 65 questions and the duration will be 3 hours. The maximum marks will be 100.

The result is declared as percentile score and students having a percentile less than 70 do not get a score card. the Gate score is valid for 2 years.

Those holding a degree (4years) or are in the final or prefinal year of the degree are eligible for the gate exam.

I have attached the complete syllabus for computer science trade

Some good books are -

Attached Files
File Type: txt gatecs.txt(3.8 KB, 71 views)
1st June 2012, 02:31 PM
sumit911

Hello Friend, "Quantitative approach" by R.S Agarwal of S.Chand publication is the best book for preparing maths of GATE.
1st June 2012, 11:27 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Hai...

The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all-India examination for admission to Post Graduate Programme

The paper will consist of 65 questions and the duration will be 3 hours. The maximum marks will be 100.

The result is declared as percentile score and students having a percentile less than 70 do not get a score card. the Gate score is valid for 2 years.

Those holding a degree (4years) or are in the final or prefinal year of the degree are eligible for the gate exam.

I have attached the complete syllabus for computer science trade

Some good books are -

All the best...
25th March 2013, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

what is the syllabus for maths for mechanical engineering. I want to know the syllabus in detail.
what books should i refer to?
30th June 2014, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

i am persuing bsc maths honours
i am eligible for gate exam if yes so what is the slaybus and pattern of entrance exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?