19th June 2012, 12:09 PM
Md Imtiyaz Alam

What syllabus to prepare for IPS Exam?

What is the syllabus of ips

19th June 2012, 03:38 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What syllabus to prepare for IPS Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Md Imtiyaz Alam View Post
~~~ SYLLABUS FOR IPS EXAM ~~~~

IPS stands for Indian Police Service .IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.There is no specific marks criteria for IPS exam

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.Also you must be citizen of India.

I have attached the syllabus for IPS Exam so please check it out.

For more details about IPS exam , you can visit to http://www.upsc.gov.in

Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR IPS EXAM.pdf(11.7 KB, 1268 views)
19th June 2012, 05:53 PM
jyotiprakash2108

Location: 91/3 pratap nagar, sanganer,Jaipur 302021,Rajasthan,India

hello
IPS stands for Indian Police Service
this exam is conduct by UPSC.
For this exam candidate should be complete graduation in any discipine from recognized university.
i am sending you a pdf of Syllabus you should download it. it may be helpful for you
best of luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ips_eng.pdf(50.7 KB, 669 views)
19th June 2012, 06:07 PM
tinu0024

The IPS paper consists of:

1.Paper I
a)Current events of national and international importance
b)History of India and Indian National Movement
c)Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic

2.Paper II
a)Comprehension
b)Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
c)Logical reasoning and analytical ability
d)Decision making and problem solving
e)General mental ability
f)Basic numeracy
g)English Language Comprehension skills

3.Paper III
a)Comprehension of given passages
b)Precis Writing
c)Usage and Vocabulary
d)Paragraphs writing

4.Paper IV
Candidates will be required to write two Essays. One topic will pertain to Indian Society/ politics/ Economy/ Development, Growth and related aspects. The other topic will pertain to security and related matters

5.Paper V
a)A brief idea about History and Geography of India.
b) Constitution of India and Indian Polity
c) Current National Issues and Topics of Social Relevance
d) India’s diversity, unity amidst diversity and pluralism as a part of the functioning of Indian Society. Conflicts due to political, economic, social and cultural reasons. Conflict resolution.
e) Democratic rights and privileges of citizens. Emerging social changes/trends relevant to governance.
f) National Security
g)Statistical Analysis, graph and diagrams
19th June 2012, 07:24 PM
GURINDER BILLING

As IPS stands for Indian Police Service .IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.There is no specific marks criteria for IPS exam

In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.Also you must be citizen of India.

19th June 2012, 07:46 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

IPS is conducted by upsc twice in year
month of june and december.
For applying IPS you should have
complete your graduation with
minimum 55%.
Age limit between 21 to 30 years.

Here is best book for IPS:

-UPSC Syllabus Civil Service Examination
by Student Aid Publications Publisher:
Student Aid Publications

-UPSC Civil
Services Preliminary Exam: General
Studies Solved Papers Publisher: Upkar
Prakashan (2008)

-UPSC Civil Services Preliminary
Examination Paper-I In 60 Days by
Rakesh Dwivedi UPSC Portal: CSAT
portal Publications (2011)

-UPSC Portal: Current Affairs For IAS
(PRE) 2011(Part-I) by S. A. Majid
Publisher: Upsc Portal Publications
(2011)

-India 2011 by Vivek Kumar Singh CSAT

-(paper II) by Manish
Ranjan,Annita,Rajneesh Singh,Kiran Bedi
Publisher: Cl India (2012)

here i have attached syllabous of IPS.

all the best
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR IPS EXAM.pdf(11.7 KB, 405 views)
19th June 2012, 10:08 PM
padhakudkt

IPS Syllabus for Preliminary Examination
This is the first stage of the recruitment process. This stage has two papers:
Paper 1

General Studies: For this exam you will have must study current events, Indian history of India, global and Indian geography, Indian economics and polity. This paper will require you have an understanding of normal day to day issues. You are not expected to have specialized knowledge on any subject, but a common understanding is necessary. You must know current national and international events and have detailed knowledge of history of Indian political system, society and economy.
Paper 2

Optional Subject: For this exam, each candidate has to choose one subject from a wide list and prepare for it. This optional subject depends on the type of job that he or she wants to take as an IAS officer. One can choose anything from animal husbandry to philosophy, from law to political science. There are about 23 different subjects from which the candidates can choose their favourite subject. The syllabus to each of these subjects is very diverse.
Here is a list of all the optional subjects:
Psychology
Agriculture
Botany
Commerce
Economics
Geography
Indian History
Law
Civil Engineering
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Electrical Engineering
Political Science
Geology
Public Administration
Sociology
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Chemistry
Statistics

Paper 2

General English: This paper is to test the student's English skills. The candidates must have ability to understand complicated prose and express their ideas in clear and grammatically correct manner. This test will include comprehension, usage and vocabulary, précis writing, and a short essay in English. This paper will be up to matriculation level standard of English.
Paper 3

Essay: Candidates are required to write an essay on any given topic. The candidates will be given a number of topics to choose. Candidates are required to practice writing comprehensive, factually correct and relevant essays. The candidate must maintain regular flow in the tone of the essay and ensure that it doesn’t have any grammatical or spelling mistakes.
Paper 4

General Studies I: Candidates need to study about history and culture of India culture, Indian geography, constitution, polity, current issues and social relevance topics.
Paper 5

General Studies II: This exam is to test the general knowledge and awareness of the candidates. It will include questions about
India and the World: This will test your knowledge about India in context of the entire world. You must study about foreign affairs related to our neighbouring countries and South East Asia region. Matters related to country’s security and defence, nuclear policy and the contribution of Indians around the world.
India’s Economic Interaction with the World: Study about India’s foreign trade, policies relating to foreign investment, countries economy and issues related to fuel and energy. The candidate must also have knowledge about WTO, IMF, WIPO, World Bank etc.
Developments in the Field of Science & Technology, IT and space: The candidate should gain knowledge about issues related to science, technology, IT, space, nanotechnology, biotechnology etc.
International Affairs and International Institutions: The candidate must have a firm knowledge about these.
Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams: The candidate should have the skills to read and understand graphs, statistics and diagrams. He should be able draw conclusion from them.
Paper 6 and 7

Optional Subjects- These two exams test candidate’s aptitude towards the first optional subject chosen by him. Candidates have to choose an optional subject. The choice of subject depends on the type of job they are applying for.
Paper 8 and 9

Optional Subjects- These two exams test candidate’s aptitude towards the second optional subject chosen by him. Candidates have to choose an optional subject. The choice of subject depends on the type of job they are applying for.
24th June 2012, 02:54 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

hello friend..!!

->As IPS stands for Indian Police Service .

->IPS exam is conducted by UPSC.

-> There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

->Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

->There is no specific marks criteria for IPS exam

->But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.

->In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

syllabus to prepare for IPS Exam

1.Paper I

->Current events of national and international importance &History of India and Indian National Movement

->Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic

2.Paper II

->Comprehension and Interpersonal skills including communication skills;

->Logical reasoning and analytical ability

->Decision making and problem solving and General mental ability

->Basic numeracy and English Language Comprehension skills

3.Paper III

->Comprehension of given passages and Precis Writing

->Usage and Vocabulary and Paragraphs writing

4.Paper IV

->Candidates will be required to write two Essays.

->One topic will pertain to Indian Society/ politics/ Economy/ Development, Growth and related aspects.

->The other topic will pertain to security and related matters

5.Paper V

->A brief idea about History and Geography of India.

-> Constitution of India and Indian Polity

-> Current National Issues and Topics of Social Relevance

-> India’s diversity, unity amidst diversity and pluralism as a part of the functioning of Indian Society.

->Conflicts due to political, economic, social and cultural reasons.

-> Conflict resolution.

-> Democratic rights and privileges of citizens. Emerging social changes/trends relevant to governance.

->National Security and Statistical Analysis, graph and diagrams

thank u..!!

all the best..!!
from navjot
27th June 2012, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

hi,
sir,
i complete diplomo can i alligible for i.p.s exam.
27th June 2012, 10:38 PM
padhakudkt

Paper 1

General Studies: For this exam you will have must study current events, Indian history of India, global and Indian geography, Indian economics and polity. This paper will require you have an understanding of normal day to day issues. You are not expected to have specialized knowledge on any subject, but a common understanding is necessary. You must know current national and international events and have detailed knowledge of history of Indian political system, society and economy.
Paper 2

Optional Subject: For this exam, each candidate has to choose one subject from a wide list and prepare for it. This optional subject depends on the type of job that he or she wants to take as an IAS officer. One can choose anything from animal husbandry to philosophy, from law to political science. There are about 23 different subjects from which the candidates can choose their favourite subject. The syllabus to each of these subjects is very diverse.

IPS Syllabus for Main Examination
Modern Indian Language Exam: For the Modern Indian Language test, the candidate will have to choose one out of 22 scheduled languages. The test will include comprehension, usage and vocabulary, précis writing, translation, and a short essay. This paper will be up to matriculation level of the chosen language.

Paper 2

General English: This paper is to test the student's English skills. The candidates must have ability to understand complicated prose and express their ideas in clear and grammatically correct manner. This test will include comprehension, usage and vocabulary, précis writing, and a short essay in English. This paper will be up to matriculation level standard of English.
Paper 3

Essay: Candidates are required to write an essay on any given topic. The candidates will be given a number of topics to choose. Candidates are required to practice writing comprehensive, factually correct and relevant essays. The candidate must maintain regular flow in the tone of the essay and ensure that it doesn’t have any grammatical or spelling mistakes.
Paper 4

General Studies I: Candidates need to study about history and culture of India culture, Indian geography, constitution, polity, current issues and social relevance topics.
Paper 5

General Studies II: This exam is to test the general knowledge and awareness of the candidates. It will include questions about
India and the World: This will test your knowledge about India in context of the entire world. You must study about foreign affairs related to our neighbouring countries and South East Asia region. Matters related to country’s security and defence, nuclear policy and the contribution of Indians around the world.
India’s Economic Interaction with the World: Study about India’s foreign trade, policies relating to foreign investment, countries economy and issues related to fuel and energy. The candidate must also have knowledge about WTO, IMF, WIPO, World Bank etc.
Developments in the Field of Science & Technology, IT and space: The candidate should gain knowledge about issues related to science, technology, IT, space, nanotechnology, biotechnology etc.
International Affairs and International Institutions: The candidate must have a firm knowledge about these.
Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams: The candidate should have the skills to read and understand graphs, statistics and diagrams. He should be able draw conclusion from them.
Paper 6 and 7

Optional Subjects- These two exams test candidate’s aptitude towards the first optional subject chosen by him. Candidates have to choose an optional subject. The choice of subject depends on the type of job they are applying for.
Paper 8 and 9

Optional Subjects- These two exams test candidate’s aptitude towards the second optional subject chosen by him. Candidates have to choose an optional subject.
30th June 2012, 07:10 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

IPS Examination Preparation :

Preliminary exam is a qualifying stage
This exam has two papers in which one is optional & other one is General Studies
To get a good command over General Science
mostly prepare at least eight subjects of high importance properly i.e Mental Ability , Economy , Political Science , Science , Current affairs , Geography , History & General Knowledge
Prepare NCERT books of 6th to 12th stands
Current affairs , prepare for reading newspapers from at least one year back from the time of appearing for exam
General Knowledge , competition success review & collect facts
General Studies , political & business magazines

Some Interview Questions :

Meaning of your name or about a famous person who has the same name as you
About your choice of career
Recent current topics
How do you plan to perform your duty
About your academic record
Hypothetical Questions

Complete the training successfully , you will have to fulfill the following requirements

A weekly run of 10Kms in 60 min
Route march of 25Kms
Horse riding , rock climbing , assault courses
PT obstacles
Rope Climbing
30th June 2012, 11:25 PM
kutti.29
Senior Member+

If you want to become an IPS officer then you have to appear for the CIVIL SERVICE exam.The exam is conducted once a by the UPSC.

The examination is done in two phases ::
Preliminary exam which is of maximum 400 marks consisting of 2 papers and common for all students .The question asked are related to ::

General studies
General aptitude

Both papers are of 200 marks each .

Main exam:: It consists of written exam and the interview .Written exam consist of the total 9 papers and students have to decide two optional subjects .Its of 2000 marks total.There will be 2 papers on the each optional subjects .

After clearing the written exam you will be called for the interview .

Eligibility ::

The interested candidates should have completed their graduation in any streams .
The age limit for the examination is ::
21 to 30 for general students
21 to 33 years for the OBC
21 to 35 for the SC/ST students .

The number of times you can appear for the exams are ::

4 for the general category students
7 for the OBC students
and SC/ST can take unlimited times .

For more information ::upsc.gov.in
1st July 2012, 12:46 AM
epson

The syllabus for IPS entry is given in the attachment below:
Attached Files
File Type: docx Syllabus for the IPS.docx(14.6 KB, 161 views)
5th August 2012, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

How can i manage time for preparation for this exam ??????
When form will relese for this exam????????
5th August 2012, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

I am astudent of B.Sc (computer science).can u tell what is the syllabus for me for paper-2 of IPS,PCS,IAS,IFS AND FOR GATE?
Please send me the resume for this at [email protected].
13th August 2012, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO SEE THE LAST EXAM OF I.P.S.
26th August 2012, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of B.C.A , can you tell what is the syllabus for me for I.P.S exam ?
1st September 2012, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

SIR,
nw i am studying d.phm( diploma in pharmacy ) first year,after completing my puc second year science. can i attend i p s exam after completing my d.phm.............????????????
3rd September 2012, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

sir i m a constable in up police so sir plz tell me how are me the peparing the exam of IPS
4th September 2012, 02:04 AM
surajm093

Default What syllabus to prepare for IPS Exam?

IPS stands for Indian Police Service .IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.Also you must be citizen of India
thanks
4th September 2012, 12:04 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend........

IPS - Indian Police Service

Aspirant candidates first appear for Civil Examination

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Examination : -

** Candidates must have a bachelor of degree in any stream from a recognized university

** Candidates age should between 21 to 30 years and age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC Candidates

** Candidates should be a citizen of India

Syllabus :-

4th September 2012, 01:09 PM
ukp92

4th September 2012, 03:40 PM
jayks

To become IPS officer,
you will need to apper in the civil service examination.
Civil Service examination is conducted every year by UPSC(union public service commission).

Eligibility
1-The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for this exam is a bachelor degree in any stream.
2-The minimum eligible age for general candidate is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years.
Relaxation of age for candidate belonging to OBC category is 3 years and for candidate belonging to SC/ST category is 5 years.

**Candidate needs to face three phases of the examination**.

1. Preliminary examination-conducted during the second half of may.
In the preliminary exam, you will have to write two papers.
General studies
Optional Paper

After qualifying preliminary examination, you will need to appear for

2. Main examination- conducted during the month of oct/nov

In the main exam, you will have to appear for the following subjects

Modern Indian Language,
General English,
Essay,
General Studies and
optional subjects.

3. After successful performance in the main exam, you will be called for an interview.

Please find attachment for IPS Syllabus...

All The Best..
Attached Files
File Type: doc Syllabus of IPS exam.doc(46.5 KB, 143 views)
4th September 2012, 10:44 PM
gunaa4

Paper 1

Paper 2

Psychology
Agriculture
Botany
Commerce
Economics
Geography
Indian History
Law
Civil Engineering
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Electrical Engineering
Political Science
Geology
Public Administration
Sociology
Chemistry
Statistics
IPS Syllabus for Main Examination

Modern Indian Language Exam: For the Modern Indian Language test, the candidate will have to choose one out of 22 scheduled languages. The test will include comprehension, usage and vocabulary, précis writing, translation, and a short essay. This paper will be up to matriculation level of the chosen language.

Following is the list of languages that can be studied for this exam:

Hindi
Sanskrit
Urdu
English
Russian
Chinese
German
Persian
French
Nepali
Arabic
Gujarati
Marathi
Kashmiri
Bengali
Punjabi
Assamese
Dogri
Manipuri
Santali
Konkani
Pali
Bodo
Sindhi
Telugu
Oriya
Kannada
Malayalam
Tamil
Maithili
Paper 2

Paper 3

Paper 4

Paper 5

Paper 6 and 7

Paper 8 and 9

Optional Subjects- These two exams test candidate’s aptitude towards the second optional subject chosen by him. Candidates have to choose an optional subject. The choice of subject depends on the type of job they are applying for.

IPS Interview

After clearing all the exams, the successful candidates are called for an interview. This interview assesses the personality, physical capability (if required) and mental strength of the candidates. The candidates must possess the right confidence, mindset and mental attentiveness to succeed in this exam.

The interviewer might ask you the following type of questions:

Meaning of your name or about a famous person who has the same name as you
About your choice of career
Recent current topics
How do you plan to perform your duty
About your academic record
Hypothetical questions
After a candidate is declared successful in the written exam, he has to undergo training at the Civil services academy at Dehradun, Mussorie. The police service requires tough training.

In order to complete the training successfully, you will have to fulfill the following requirements:

A weekly run of 10 kilometres in 60 minutes.
Route march of 25 k.m.
Horse riding, rock climbing, assault courses,
PT obstacles,
Rope climbing etc.
The services are later divided in technical and non technical categories. The standards for technical courses are more demanding.

So, make sure that you study hard and prepare for each of these stages. Remember, nothing in life is impossible if you work hard for it.
7th September 2012, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

what is the syllabus for english as an optional subject?
7th September 2012, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

sample question papers of ips exam and how to prepare for it
12th September 2012, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

sir what is the body structure needed inorder to appear for the ips exam and the syllabus
15th September 2012, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

Which is the best book to clear IPS???
15th September 2012, 10:54 PM
mailme.ramkapoor

Hi dear,

Thanks
24th September 2012, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

sir, iam muzzu in AP state i'm study b.s.c final yr .how to preapre for I P S exam pls tl me, which best book preapre exam.and tel me for maintaine body structure.
3rd October 2012, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Sir, iam nataraja in karanataka i'm completed BBM, how to preapre for IPS exam pls tel me, which best book prepare exam, and tel me for maintaine body strucure.
4th October 2012, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

i am the student of prod engg. as it is the sub branch of mech engg, is my 1 optional sub study will complt in 4 yrs?
28th October 2012, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

I am in last year of Graduation can apply for ips exam?
29th October 2012, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

which is best book for ips test
22nd November 2012, 07:18 PM
exams1
Senior Member+

Paper 1

Paper 2
For this exam, each candidate has to choose one subject from a wide list and prepare for it. This optional subject depends on the type of job that he or she wants to take as an IAS officer. One can choose anything from animal husbandry to philosophy, from law to political science. There are about 23 different subjects from which the candidates can choose their favourite subject. The syllabus to each of these subjects is very diverse.

Psychology
Agriculture
Botany
Commerce
Economics
Geography
Indian History
Law
Civil Engineering
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Electrical Engineering
Political Science
Geology
Public Administration
Sociology
Chemistry
Statistics

Age limit:
general:18 to 27 years
obc : 18 to 30 yrs
sc/st :18 to 32 yrs

Physical Standards (Minimum):
a)Height :157.5cm
b)Chest :81cm ,fully expanded with a minimum expansion of 5 cm

24th November 2012, 09:01 AM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Md Imtiyaz Alam View Post

syllabus to prepare for IPS Exam

++ Paper I

Current events of national and international importance &History of India and Indian National Movement

Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic

++ Paper 2

Comprehension and Interpersonal skills including communication skills;

Logical reasoning and analytical ability

Decision making and problem solving and General mental ability

Basic numeracy and English Language Comprehension skills

++ Paper 3

Comprehension of given passages and Precis Writing

Usage and Vocabulary and Paragraphs writing

++ Paper 4

Candidates will be required to write two Essays.

One topic will pertain to Indian Society/ politics/ Economy/ Development, Growth andrelated aspects.

The other topic will pertain to security andrelated matters
2nd December 2012, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

STUDENTS BELONG TO SCIENCE STREAM APPLY FOR THIS EXAM.
3rd December 2012, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

Is The Syallbus of IAS and IPS exams are the same?
14th January 2013, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

sir can i choose one subject to itself.is the IAS and IPS exam pattern same.sir please tell me.
22nd March 2013, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

what I am do for IPS.
27th May 2013, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

is ias togh or ips????
25th October 2013, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

can i prepare for a IPS exam in hindi.
22nd January 2014, 12:58 AM
Unregistered

SIR I WANT TO KHNOW A CLOUR BLIND PERSON CAN BECOME 'IPS'OFFICER.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?