17th September 2012, 10:04 AM
Unregistered

How to become an IPS officer? What is the procedure and syllabus? I am studying in 1st year BSc

Hello,sir. My name is MAHESH now i am studying 1st year Bsc(cbz) , i want to become an IPS Officer ,bud i dont knw properly the procedure and syllabus of IPS. From now onwards how i should prepare for exam sir?

6th November 2012, 10:30 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to become an IPS officer? What is the procedure and syllabus? I am studying in 1st year BSc

Hello sir,
My name is Indrajit now I am studying last year B.Sc(physics),I want to become an IPS Officer,bud I don't know properly the procedure and syllabus of IPS. From now onwards how I should prepare for exam sir?
14th November 2012, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to become an IPS officer? What is the procedure and syllabus? I am studying in 1st year BSc

i completed my degree ,,how to prepare for ips
14th November 2012, 06:15 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend...........

If you are interested become a IPS officer?

First you can appear and qualify in Civil Examination

Civil Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly once

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Examination

>> Candidates must have a bachelor of degree in any stream from any recognized university

>> Final year appeared students also eligible for this examination

>> There is no percentage required for this examination

>> Candidates age should between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates

3 years relaxation for OBC candidates

>> Candidates should be a citizen of India

Selection Procedure

** Preliminary Examination

** Mains Examination

** Interview Test

No.of Attempts

Maximum 4 attempts for General candidates

7 attempts for OBC candidates

No restriction for SC/ST candidates

all the best..........

Regards.........
Tash
14th November 2012, 07:49 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
Eligibility Criteria for IPS:
>>Age limit-
you must have attained the age of 21 years and must not exceed the age of 30 years for appearing to the Civil services.....
>>Educational Qualifications-
you must have completed the Bachelor degree or the Graduation in any of the respective discipline recognized by the Government of India....
>>Nationality-
you must be the citizen of India in order to appear for the Civil services examinations....
These are the eligibility criteria which must be followed in order to become the IAS/IPS......
Examination pattern:
The examination for the selection of candidates takes place in three levels mainly they are...
*Preliminary examination
*Main examination
*Interview
These are the three levels of examinations which must be qualified in order to become the civil services.....
In order to become IPS officer you must have to satisfy the eligibility criteria and attend the examination which is conducted every year for the selection process and then you need to qualify in each level of examination to become IPS.....
REGARDS:
14th November 2012, 08:19 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.........
Indian Police Service (IPS) This exam is conducted through UPSC for this you have to appear Civil Service Exam.
There are certain eligibility criteria which you have to fulfill for appearing this exam.....

>>The candidates should be a Citizen of India.
>>The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize university >>The final year candidates those who are interested can also apply for this exam.
>>The age limit is 21 - 30 yrs.
>>There is a upper age relaxation for SC/ST & OBC caste.

Exam pattern:

For more details visit official website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck.........
14th November 2012, 11:18 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

IPS - Indian Police Services.

The exam for IPS is conducted by UPSC- Union Public service commission.

First of all you will have to complete graduation to appear for CSAT exam.

Eligibility criteria for CSAT-

1. Candidate should be of Indian origin.

2- Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.

3- Age - 21-30 years.

There are three stages of this exam -

1- Preliminary exam
2- Main exam
3- Interview

1.Civil Services Preliminary Examination or Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT):-

The exam contains questions on –
General Studies, comprehension skill, verbal and
quantitative aptitude and communication skills.

2.Main Examination-

Those who qualify Preliminary round appear for Main examination.

The Main examination comprise of following papers.

Essay type Indian Language Qualifying Paper
English Qualifying Paper
General Essay type paper
General Studies(Paper-I&II )
Optional subject-I(Paper-I&II )
Optional subject-II(Paper-I&II )

Those who qualify Main examination are called for Interview.
14th November 2012, 11:59 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to become an IPS officer? What is the procedure and syllabus? I am studying in 1st year BSc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,sir. My name is MAHESH now i am studying 1st year Bsc(cbz) , i want to become an IPS Officer ,bud i dont knw properly the procedure and syllabus of IPS. From now onwards how i should prepare for exam sir?

Procedure To Apply For IPS

Selections for the Indian Police Service (IPS) are made through the Civil Service Exams conducted by UPSC every year..

A candidate can appear for the Civil Services Exam if :-

>> The candidate must be in the final year of graduation or must already have completed his graduation in any stream from a recognized University..

>> The candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years..3 years and 5 years of age relaxation for OBC and SC/ST respectively..

>> The candidates applying for IPS must also comply with the physical standards laid down by UPSC..

Exam Pattern :-

Stage-1 - Prelims :- The Prelims is conducted to test your aptitude and general ability..It consists of 2 objective papers..

Stage-2 - Mains :- The candidates who manage to clear the Prelims have to clear 9 subjective tests of the Mains Exam which will test you on your graduation subjects as well as English..

Stage-3 - Personal Interview :- If you clear the Mains you will be called for the final interview..

Stage-4 - Medical Examination :- I have attached the physical requirements which you need to satisfy for clearing the medical exam..

For any more details on the exam you can visit http://upsc.gov.in

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IPS Physical Eligibility.jpg
Views:	740
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	122474  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IAS GENERAL_STUDIES_I 2010.pdf(210.6 KB, 124 views)
File Type: pdf IAS GENERAL_STUDIES_II 2010.pdf(296.4 KB, 105 views)
File Type: txt IAS Exam Paper Pattern.txt(552 Bytes, 92 views)
File Type: pdf IAS ENGLISH_COMPULSORY 2010.pdf(167.8 KB, 115 views)
15th November 2012, 08:26 AM
Chirag17
Senior Member+

Hi friend,

>> First you are give a UPSC exam after complete Graduation.All details given below.

>> Qualification in IPS Examination

- Candidate must be in indian

- Graduation complete in any recognized university

- Age limit 21-28 years and Relaxation for OBC & ST/SC student

>> Exam pattern

- Preliminary exam

- Main exam

- Interview

>> Subject list

- General Studies

- Mathematics

>> Number of attempts

- General candidate give 4 attempts

- OBC candidate give 7 attempts

- ST/SC candidate give unlimited attempts

>> Physical Requirement

-

Good luck
15th November 2012, 10:06 AM
radha 2
Senior Member+

IPS stands for Indian Administration Service .this exam conducted by UPSC in every year.

Educational Qualification:-
Those candidate passed graduation from recognized university eligible for IPS Exam.

Age limit:-
The minimum age requirement for General (UR) category students is 21 to 30 years. The OBC students will get 3 years age relaxation while the SC/ST students will get 5 years.

>>Physical Qualification:->>
**The service is for Police forces where fitness is a must. So, you should have to possess the ability to do hard works.
Height: To be an IAS you need have to have a minimum height of 165 cm for men and 160 cm for women. Some particular races and tribes like Gorkhas and Garhwalis will get 5cm height relaxation, because genetically there average height is lower and they are famous as martial races.
Chest: The minimum chest girth for men is 84cm while for women it is 79cm. In both cases it should be expandable to 5cm.

General fitness: Your body should be totally fit. If you are a handicap then you are not eligible for the job. If you have some physical deformity then you may be discarded during medical examination.
Vision: Corrected vision is allowed, i.e. if you have spectacles though you will be eligible. But myopia is allowed up to -4D and Hypermetropia is up to +4D.
Color blindness and lack of binocular vision are not allowed.
15th November 2012, 10:29 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If your in Graduation 1st years then you should start preparing for IPS officer exam from now onwards. The syllabus is very vast and preparation should be very good then only you will succeed.

IAS/IPS exam are same and is conducted by UPSC . So you can apply for IAS/IPS exam when the notifications are out.

The basic qualification required is graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21 to 30 years if you are general and age relaxation is available for other categories.

You have to pass CSAT which is a civil services aptitude test . If you pass CSAT then you will be called for mains exam and after that interview.

Please check the following offcial pdf document for other information related to UPSC IAS/IPS exam:

http://http://www.upsc.gov.in/exams/...202012.pmd.pdf
18th November 2012, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

Hi Sir i am Raghunath kulkarni i am studying B.sc(Electronics) final year ! How should i prepare to IPS exam and wat is the syllabus is there ???
30th November 2012, 11:57 PM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

If you want to become an IPS officer you need to crack the civil service exam this exam is conducted by the UPSC once a year

Required qualification for this exam is graduation from a recognized university of india

Age limit is 21 to 30 years

Age relaxation for reserved candidates

Selection done in three steps

1.Preliminary exam

2.Main exam

3.interview
30th March 2014, 10:22 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
My name is SUYEL AKTAR .Now I am studying first year(1st) year BSE (Physics) .I want to become an IPS officer but I dont know properly the procedure and syllabus of IPS from now onward how I should prepare for Exam sir .......I request to you please help me sir...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?