29th January 2018, 08:08 PM
sanjay0999

What will be more beneficial for studying Fashion Designing at graduate level opting Commerce, Science or Arts in 11th?

I have passed my Matriculation i.e. my 10th and have to take admission in 11th. I want to make a career in Fashion Designing. So, at 11th level which stream should I opt for to be helpful for studying Fashion Designing thereafter. Should I opt for Commerce, Science or Arts?

2nd February 2018, 04:11 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: What will be more beneficial for studying Fashion Designing at graduate level opting Commerce, Science or Arts in 11th?

For Bachelor's degree in Fashion Designing, candidates from all different discipline like arts, science and commerce are eligible. You can select any stream as per your choice and interest.

Science stream is generally preferable. You can apply for NIFT entrance exam after 12th to get admission in top institutes for Bachelor's degree in Fashion Designing.
2nd February 2018, 09:59 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What will be more beneficial for studying Fashion Designing at graduate level opting Commerce, Science or Arts in 11th?

The eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Fashion Designing:

1. You should have done 12th from a recognized board in any stream. All stream candidates are eligible for Bachelor of Design course.

Arts, commerce stream candidates are not eligible for Bachelor of Fashion Technology. Science stream candidates are eligible for both B.Des and B.F.Tech course.

From my point of view, you should opt for Science stream. Then, you can apply for National Institute of Fashion Technology entrance exam.
2nd February 2018, 10:34 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

For admission in the bachelor course in fashion designing course the required eligibility is:-

B.Des:- 12th in any stream from a recognised board.

B.F.Tech:- 12th in science stream.

So, as per the course in which you want to get admission. You can select the stream in 11th.

The entrance examination is conducted by premier institutes such as NIFT, LPU Amity for admission in course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?