3rd December 2011, 11:22 AM

What's the Eligibility criteria for doing Ph.D. in Technology? I've done M.Sc from IT through correspondence

Hi, i have done M.Sc._IT from distance learning, PTU. AM i eligible to do Ph.D from Banglore, Institute of Technology or any good university/research institute?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility criteria for PhD in AI and Robotics from IISC?
  2. Eligibility criteria to join PhD in AI and Robotics?
  3. Eligibility for Ph.D after B.Sc (Computers) and M.Sc (IT)? M.Phil necessary? Does M.Tech help before Ph.D?
  4. How can I get admission in Germany for PhD in Food Technology?
  5. How to do Ph.D in Information Technology after doing Bachlor of Information Technology
  6. Admission procedure to do Ph.D in Chemistry after B.Sc with 75%? List of institutes providing Ph.D in Chemistry? -- [New]
  7. What is the eligibility criteria followed to do Ph.D in India and abroad?
  8. Eligibility criteria for Ph.D in both India and abroad through CSIR and GATE?
  9. Eligibility criteria and admission procedure for MSC correspondence course?
  10. Studying Ph.D from correspondence university like CMJ University, Shillong is valuable for M.Sc Biotechnology student? List of the correspondence universities for Ph.D?
  11. Joining as JRF to do PhD
  12. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D in India and aborad based on GATE and CSIR? doing M.Sc Genetics after completion of B.Pharm after completion of M.Sc course?
  13. Information about CMJ University for Ph.D in Biotechnology programme? List of the correspondence UGC recognized universities who offers Ph.D in Biotechnology programme? Is it worthy to do Ph.D through correspondence?
  14. Eligibility and criteria to apply for PhD in India or Abroad?
  15. How to do Ph.D while pursuing MSc IT from Kannurul University in distance mode
  16. Possibility to do PhD in mentioned subjects in Abroad for M.Sc(Botany) student? Eligibility and requirements to apply?
  17. Admission procedure for MSc Maths(Correspondence) from IGNOU? Eligibility criteria for it? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Guidance for correspondence PhD Physics?
28th September 2016, 08:59 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What's the Eligibility criteria for doing Ph.D. in Technology? I've done M.Sc from IT through correspondence

Yes. You are eligible to apply for Ph.D (IT) as you have completed your master's in information technology. In bangalore, Many institutes offer the Ph.D (IT). Admission will be available based on score obtained in entrance exam.

Ph.D (IT) Eligibility
- You must have passed master's degree in Computer Science/IT with at least 50% from a recognized university. Some well reputed institutes also demand 60%.
- You need to qualify the entrance exam for admission.

Top Institutes Offering Ph.D (IT) In Bangalore
- International Institute of Information Technology
- IISC
- Bangalore Institute of Technology
- Alliance University
- M.S.Ramaiah Institute of Technology
- BMS College of Engineering
- Christ University
- Acharya Institute of Technology
- RNS Institute of Technology
- Sapthagiri College of Engineering
- Global Academy of Technology

Job Types After Ph.D (IT)
- System Programmer
- Database Manager
- Computer System Engineer
- Software Developer
- Network Manager
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?