13th August 2010, 11:50 PM
Rajashekar9949207104

When to start IES preparation? Is it good to start in Btech third year?

How could i start IES preperation.Now am doing b.tech third year....Is it good to start my preperation from this year.....which institute is best for IES in HYD

14th August 2010, 08:56 AM
ravi k
Senior Member+

Default Re: When to start IES preparation? Is it good to start in Btech third year?

dear friend

IES is a very difficult exam to crack.

so u should start your preparation from 3rd year on wards.

all d best.
14th August 2010, 03:09 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: When to start IES preparation? Is it good to start in Btech third year?

Dear friend,

This is the right time for you to start the preparation of the IES exam.

This exam is one of the most competitive exams for getting into the prestigious civil services of our country.

The best coaching institutes for IES in hyderabad are listed here:

Vani Institute for IES coaching,

Brilliants IES coaching center,

Narayana Coaching center.

IES Made Easy Institute,

So start your preparation from 3rd year with taking coachings from top institute .....

Best of luck!
14th August 2010, 03:14 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

This is the right time for you to start the preparation of the IES exam.

This exam is one of the most competitive exams for getting into the prestigious civil services of our country.

The best coaching institutes for IES in hyderabad are listed here:

Vani Institute for IES coaching,

Brilliants IES coaching center,

Narayana Coaching center.

IES Made Easy Institute,

So start your preparation from 3rd year with taking coachings from top institute .....

Best of luck!
14th August 2010, 04:27 PM
adityabhushan

yes you should start now . b.tech third year is the best time to start the preparation for any competetion ,.
just you have to do hard labour .

E@Best Institute is a best Coaching Centre for IES Coaching
VANI INSTITUTE
these are the best one

just visit this only.
with best wishes.
aditya
14th August 2010, 05:02 PM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: When to start IES preparation? Is it good to start in Btech third year?

dear friend

IES exam is not easy.

for this u need a lots of practice, hard work as well as good concept.

for this u have to start preparation from 3rd year.

all the best.
14th August 2010, 10:06 PM
love_star

Location: 128/939 Y Block, Kidwai Nagar, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh

Yes ,you have to work hard for IES so, this is a good choice but see that it not affect your study. Many coaching centres are there in hyderabad. You can also join online programs.
14th August 2010, 10:14 PM
Rickers

Hello,

For preparation of indian engg. services you have to start preparation from your prefinal year.
You may take coaching classes for ies exam. you can purchase the various journals available in markets....good luck!!!!
15th August 2010, 12:59 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Hi

Indian Engineering Services exam is one of the most challenging exams to crack. So if you want to clear this exam you have to start your practise from the very beginning of your engineering.

But do't worry you have still lots of time available now. But you have to work hard more if you really want to crack this exam. For that you need some good coaching where you got the trics of solving tricky questions which will be easily not solved.

So start practising from today if you want to make you future bright.

GOOD LUCK
15th August 2010, 01:49 AM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

seek information at upsc for full e-prospectus.
the syllabus is 10+2 pcb syllabus.
ncert books will be helpful

upsc ies coaching is done by following institutions:
1.brilliant tutorials
2.made easy publications
3.gate forum
15th August 2010, 07:53 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend

Yes , it is good to join institute in this early stage since most of the subjects are from the 3rd year of engineering. You should join test series for the preparation purposes since regular classes are not possible.
\
You can take test series of brilliant tutorials or made easy in hyderabad.
15th August 2010, 01:57 PM
bholag

Dear Friend,
IES is one of the good and prestigious exam.
For IES your age must be within 21-30 years and
you will be eligible for it only after completing
your engineering degree or pursuing final year of your engineering.
The exam is conducted by upsc .
For more details about IES you can visit the below mentioned link:
www.upsc.gov.in
It is good to start before and devote as much astime you can towards your preparation
15th August 2010, 11:01 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajashekar9949207104 View Post
How could i start IES preperation.Now am doing b.tech third year....Is it good to start my preperation from this year.....which institute is best for IES in HYD
yes you must start your preparation from now. IES is the most competitive exam. Thousands of students apply for it every year. So this is the best time to start your preparation.
28th August 2010, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

how we should go for preparation ofcoventional paper ies electronics
29th August 2010, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

Do IIT Btech students also generally give this exam?...I am doing my mtech first year and am asking because if they right the competition increases!
Thanking you,
Nikhil
31st August 2010, 12:43 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friends,

if you want to prepare for the IES exams,
then be serious.

you can starts its preparation from the 3rd year.

it is right time for you.you can also take the help of the some tution institute.
31st August 2010, 06:40 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

you are saying that you are in 3rd year.. so, it is the wright time to take preparation for IES ..

there is some criteria,

you have to complete your graduation first in engineering field..

the mentioned streams are ECE/EE/ME/CIVIL... you have to complete your

graduation in any one of these stream.

the age criteria is 21- 30years..

if your age is in between these two , then you are eligible.

you can take coaching classes to prepare yourself ...

all the best..
30th September 2010, 10:26 PM
m.sona

do polymer technologists are elligible for IES exam?
1st October 2010, 02:52 AM
vik111

Thumbs up Re: When to start IES preparation? Is it good to start in Btech third year?

if u want to preparation for IES then you should start preparation from 3rd year bcz all subject of 3rd year are the important for the preparation.
19th October 2010, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

can i join in ies coaching in 4th year btech.. will the coaching timings be flexible??
20th October 2010, 01:47 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Hello friend,
I think it would be better if u concentrate on your present semester, and dont worry about it at this point of time.
You can start preparation for IES in your last semester bcoz sllabus will be only that is covered in your BE/Btech.
31st October 2010, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

what are the best coaching institute in kolkata for ies exam?
30th November 2010, 10:50 PM
hbk_piyushjain

Quote:
Shine is a good coaching in hydrabad.
It is good if you start preparing for IES at early stage so that it will give you more chance to revise it and strong it.
30th November 2010, 10:53 PM
hbk_piyushjain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i join in ies coaching in 4th year btech.. will the coaching timings be flexible??
Yes you can join coaching in final year but most important thing is you should do self study for technical and general knowledge.
You have to devote atleast 15 hr per day to prepare for IES.
5th December 2010, 10:39 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Its better that you start your preparations from now itself.You should be strong in your core subjects if u wish to crack IES.Example if your EEE then you need to be strong in subjects such as EMF,Electrical machines,Power Systems,control systems,Network Analysis.

So,get strong in your core subjects right from the first year.Its better that you refer previous year question papers and go for training in the following Institutes

ACE ENGINEERING ACADEMY

Sai Medha Institute

Vani Institute

The Engineering Academy

All the best,keep working hard.
7th December 2010, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

may i start coaching for ies from 2nd year
8th December 2010, 09:56 AM
Unregistered

good coaching institute in delhi for ies (electronics and telecomm. ) ?
28th December 2010, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

sir.....from where can i get correspondence course for ies exams???
30th December 2010, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

please i want to know about INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE EXAM pattern and its timings and details on concentrating on main topics. presently i am in 3rd b.tech
31st December 2010, 04:18 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

dear friend
you have to work hard for IES so you should start your preparation from 3ed yeae on wards. all the best
31st December 2010, 04:52 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

you should start the preparation for the IES entrance exam right from the 3rd year of your b tech course .......
because it in the 3rd year most of the topics are an important topics of the ies exam ......
31st December 2010, 04:53 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Quote:
how we should go for preparation ofcoventional paper ies electronics
for the preparation of the conventional papers you can join in any of the good coaching centers which will give a good practice in that papers......
31st December 2010, 04:55 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Do IIT Btech students also generally give this exam?...I am doing my mtech first year and am asking because if they right the competition increases!
Thanking you,
Nikhil
ya it depends on you whether you want to give ies exam or not........
but ya b tech students generally give the ies exam as this is one of the prestigious jobs of india.........
31st December 2010, 04:57 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.sona View Post
do polymer technologists are elligible for IES exam?
no according to me the polymer technologists are not eligible for the IES exam .............it is eligible only for the mechanical , civil, electronics and electrical engg .......
31st December 2010, 04:58 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Quote:
ya of course you can join IES coaching in the 4th year ........
but i will recommend you to do the same from the 3rd year itself because you will get time to revise at the end....
31st December 2010, 04:59 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Quote:
may i start coaching for ies from 2nd year
ya of course you can start the coaching for the IES entrance exam if you can ...........
then you will get a lot of time for the revision of the subject and the practice as well......
31st December 2010, 05:01 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Quote:
please i want to know about INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE EXAM pattern and its timings and details on concentrating on main topics. presently i am in 3rd b.tech
the exam of IES eill be held on 29.8.2011 this year ......
for all the necessary details you can go to the site:
www.upsc.gov.in
and search there for IES exam
31st December 2010, 05:28 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi,

It is better to start the preparation from 3rd year as it will help you on the placements also and in the exam too. Also from 3rd year the core study comes in the syllabus.
31st December 2010, 10:05 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

Yes, starting IES preparation from 3rd year is a good strategy. In this way you will get enough time to undertake a detailed study of the subjects.

If you are confident of yourself then you can do self study otherwise you may take help of coaching institutes.

IES coaching institute in hyderabad:

VANI INSTITUTE
2nd floor, central complex,
opp:chermas,abids,
Hyderabad
ph.- 097 04887991
1st January 2011, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

I am an Telecom Engineer working with a finest Telecom complany my age is 25 and i have strong desire to appear for the IES exam for the Electronics subject.Please let me know how i can manage the time and schedule for learning,and if every day 15hrs are required ,then till what duration this is to be follwed .Please help me ......
20th January 2011, 12:14 PM
abhimanyu2688

Quote:
Dear friend
It is good for you to start preparation for IES exam as early as possible as it will help you to have command over your subject and also of the exam pattern by solving previous year exam papers.
good luck!!
21st January 2011, 02:14 PM
mychandru024

Yes, its better to start your preparation while your are doing your degree....
18th February 2011, 09:27 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

you should start preparing it when you were in 2nd year...
IES has a vast syllabus..
so start preparing as soon as possible.
all the best.....
18th February 2011, 09:37 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
good coaching institute in delhi for ies (electronics and telecomm. ) ?
the best coaching Institutes in Delhi to prepare for IES are:

BRILLIANT TUTORIALS
Engineering Entrance exams coaching
Address : Brilliant Tutorials Private Limited 50-C, Kalu Sarai (Behind Azad Apartments), New Delhi – 110016
Contact Person : www.brilliant-tutorials.com

IESAcademy
IES coaching institute
Address : IES ACADEMY ,25 , Jia Sarai, Near IIT, Hauz Khas, New Delhi – 16
Contact Person : Ph: 011 - 26537570, Mob: 09810958290

NIRMALA COACHING CENTRE
Competitive exam coaching institute
Address : ROHINI, NEW DELHI 110085, NEW DELHI p: 27275839

SHAR STUDY CIRCLE
UPSC exam coaching institutes
Address : Delhi
Contact Person : Email: call @sharstudycircle.com Web:www.sharstudycircle.com
30th May 2011, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

wat about made easy coaching institute?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?