5th June 2011, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

From which year of B.Tech should I start preparing for IES exam?

i am student of b-tech computer science 2nd year .i got 85% in 1st year. i want to prepare myself for ies exam.kindly suggest from which year i should start my preparation and how?
thanking you.

7th June 2011, 02:27 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: From which year of B.Tech should I start preparing for IES exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am student of b-tech computer science 2nd year .i got 85% in 1st year. i want to prepare myself for ies exam.kindly suggest from which year i should start my preparation and how?
thanking you.
As you are a B.tech Student, And if you are interested to prepare for IES examination, then from now Onwards you can start your preperation, because to crack IES examination you need 1 to 2 year hard work.

Because you can Not crack this type of examination in 2 to 3 month Preperation, So if you have study from Now then definitely you will be able to crack the IES Eamination.

As you know that IES Examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

And to appear in this examination you need to be a graduate in engineering from a recognised university and your age should between 21 to 30 year. The notification was published in the employment newspaper or in th official website of UPSC.

So, please starts your study now, if you really interetsed to crack the IES examination, If you will face difficulty to study of this examination youself, then please join some best IES coaching classes, they will guide you and help you to crack the IES examination. So, please dont worry just starts your study from now, then definitely you will get sucess in this examination and for complete information please visit the official website of UPSC.
7th June 2011, 02:41 PM
amit gaur054

Hi friends-
If you are a B.tech Student, And you are interested to prepare for IES examination, then from now Onwards you can start your preparation, because to qualify IES examination you need 1 to 2 year hard work.
Because you can Not crack this type of examination in 2 to 3 month Preparation, So if you have study from Now then definitely you will be able to qualify the IES Examination.
As we know that IES Examination is conducted by UPSC every year.
And to appear in this examination you need to be a graduate in engineering from a recognized university and your age should between 21 to 30 year. The notification was published in the employment newspaper or in th official website of UPSC.
So start your study from from 1st semester
7th June 2011, 02:43 PM
amit gaur054

Post Re: From which year of B.Tech should I start preparing for IES exam?

Hi friends-
If you are a B.tech Student, And you are interested to prepare for IES examination, then from now Onwards you can start your preparation, because to qualify IES examination you need 1 to 2 year hard work.
Because you can Not crack this type of examination in 2 to 3 month Preparation, So if you have study from Now then definitely you will be able to qualify the IES Examination.
As we know that IES Examination is conducted by UPSC every year.
And to appear in this examination you need to be a graduate in engineering from a recognized university and your age should between 21 to 30 year. The notification was published in the employment newspaper or in th official website of UPSC.
So start your study from from 1st semester
7th June 2011, 03:02 PM
RAJESHTIWARIBIT

There is no age of preparation for any competitive exam. Once you fix your target you can start preparing for it. And it is very good that you have fixed at such an early age.

for preparation you should have a command on your branch subjects, because there are objective and subjective paper both. And the most important you should be very good in english and G.K.
7th June 2011, 03:07 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

B.Tech in computer science students are not eligible for IES(Indian Engineering Service) examination.

the eligible four branch of engineering for IES examinations are
Category I—Civil Engineering.
Category II—Mechanical Engineering.
Category III—Electrical Engineering.
Category IV—Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering

here i am attaching the notification for IES 2011 examination. you may go through on this you will get all details regarding IES examination. you may visit the official website of UPSC http://www.upsc.gov.in

anyone want to appear in IES examination and fulfill eligibility criterion should start preparation from 2nd year of engineering. to start from 2nd year it does not mean that you will start study for IES examination according to syllabus. just study your subject which are in your university examination. beside that you may do some aptitude paper. try to clear all basic knowledge about your subject. IES examination is not so much easy. question come from a deep knowledge of the subject. so you must be well prepared to clear IES examination.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Engg2011_ENG.pdf(143.4 KB, 103 views)
7th June 2011, 03:14 PM
04rust

look my friend IES is not that easy that you can crack it in just a month preparation. for that you need to work hard since begining....
if you are really interested for it start from now.you have a good marks and you can crack it. just dont wait for any time specification.try hard from now onwards.

for detail regarding the examination check the site
>> http://www.upsc.gov.in

all the best for your IES start the hard work now!!!!!
7th June 2011, 04:30 PM
rajiv1989

dear friend,
good to hear you result of 1st year so it will be the best time to start preparing for IES as we all know that it is one of the toughest exam in India for engineers.so dear work hard and make your basics concept clear so that it will be good for you.Devote your maximum time with your books and achieve your aim.
and you can also buy books available in the market for its preparation.
7th June 2011, 05:34 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi
in preparation there is no year for this
if you manage your study with preparation then you start
preparation for this year too....

But i suggest you that first you complete your b.tech in good percentsge
then you go for preparation....
Good luck.................
7th June 2011, 05:46 PM
frooty.scooty

After completion of your b tech you will write the IES exam.

Age Limits:

(a) A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years

Minimum Educational Qualification: You need to be a graduate engineering from a recognized university.
To wrote this exam is very difficult.join any IES coaching institute.

To write any exam first of all you know syllabus.From those syllabus you have learn each and every concept briefly.

For full details visit

http://www.iwinacademy.com/Competitive/UPSC/IES/eligibility.aspx
7th June 2011, 07:12 PM
miiky

If anyone want to appear in IES examination he or she should start preparation from 2nd year. IES exam is not easy. Question comes from a deep knowledge of the subject. So, please don't worry just start your study from now, then you will get definitely success in the examination.
Note that B TECH Computer Science students are not eligible for IES examination. Only B TECH in Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering students are gligible to apply.
7th June 2011, 08:18 PM
dhani12345

Talking Re: From which year of B.Tech should I start preparing for IES exam?

As you are a B.tech Student, And if you are interested to prepare for IES examination, then from now Onwards you can start your preperation, because to crack IES examination you need 1 to 2 year hard work.

Because you can Not crack this type of examination in 2 to 3 month Preperation, So if you have study from Now then definitely you will be able to crack the IES Eamination.

As you know that IES Examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

And to appear in this examination you need to be a graduate in engineering from a recognised university and your age should between 21 to 30 year. The notification was published in the employment newspaper or in th official website of UPSC.

So, please starts your study now, if you really interetsed to crack the IES examination, If you will face difficulty to study of this examination youself, then please join some best IES coaching classes, they will guide you and help you to crack the IES examination. So, please dont worry just starts your study from now, then definitely you will get sucess in this examination and for complete information please visit the official website of UPSC.
10th June 2011, 12:08 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: From which year of B.Tech should I start preparing for IES exam?

Dear friend

IES is one of the prestigious exam of india. To qualify in this exam, you have to start your preparation from your 2nd year.As , in IES exam question comes from the whole engineering syllabus, so you should read your syllabus thoroughly as well as you should read some current affairs and also GK.You should also practice for comprehension in english.

Best of luck
25th June 2011, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

which institute is best for preparation for ies???please tell me
19th July 2011, 07:39 PM
Arsalaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
thanking you.
hi friend
its really good that you are thinking about your future goal.If you think its set , then no need to wait.You should start preparing for it.Yes ,IES is a tough thing to crack , but i see potential in you.You need to clear all your basics and prepare for it along with your university exams without sidelining it.

IES Examination is conducted by UPSC every year.You need to be eligible i.e. to appear in this examination you need to be a graduate in engineering from a recognized university and your age should between 21 to 30 years.

Ya there is a little difficulty for as you will have to deviate from your stream and prepare instead for one of these:
there four branch of engineering for IES examinations are
- Civil Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering.
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering

Check for more info:
http://www.upsc.gov.in
28th August 2013, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

i am persuing btech nentrd 2nd yr now
now i want to prepare 4 ies
m doing electrical n electronics
do this branch help me out
what to do plz suggest plzz
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?