26th September 2011, 07:14 AM
Mohit balhara

How to start preparation for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year in Mechanical Engineering?

Sir,i am doing mech. Engg .i am in 2nd year i want to prepare for ies .can i start now ??and which books i use to?

Related Questions:
  1. How to start preparation for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 2nd year in Civil Engineering?
  2. How may I prepare for the IES exam? I am pursuing BE(first year) with mechanical stream from MMM engineering college, Gorakhpur
  3. How to start my IES preparation?
  4. Career opportunities in Public Sector for me being a candidate pursuing 2nd year B.Tech in Mechanical? Information regarding IES Exam?
  5. Where should I start preparation for CAT and GMAT Exams being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of Engineering?
  6. How to start my preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of ECE? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  7. In what manner should I start preparation for IES exam? Should I refer college books?
  8. What should be the preparation for IES besides college studies? Is it better to start preparing in 2nd year or should I do it from 3rd year onwards?
  9. Can I apply for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year B.Tech?
  10. Can I apply for IES exam while pursuing chemical engineering from UICET 1st year?
  11. How to start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Com course?
  12. From which year of B.Tech should I start preparing for IES exam?
  13. How to start preparation for IAS examination while in 2nd year of engineering? -- [New]
  14. How to start preparation for IES? Books to be referred?
  15. Guidance to prepare for IAS and IES Exams being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of BE in Civil Engineering? Previous 10 year Question Papers for these Exams?
  16. Can I attend IES Exam being a candidate of 2nd year Mechanical Engineering?
  17. How to start preparation from 2nd year of B.Tech. for IES examination ? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. How to start preparation for Civils Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Tech?
26th September 2011, 01:51 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to start preparation for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year in Mechanical Engineering?

Dear Friend

Prepare thourough notes of the core subjects of Mechanical Engineering
as you go along your B.Tech.
This would prove handy if you revise your notes on a scheduled basis.
You should not forget those things in 3rd year which you studied during 2nd year.
As for books, you shouldnt fret much right now. Just go through normal text books.
Follow your syllabus books & when you are about to appear just go through
some usual competition preparation books of IES.
You can also refer some coaching institution's study material but that is not necessary
now. You can refer study material during 3rd year.
For study material, Made Easy is good.
7th April 2012, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to start preparation for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year in Mechanical Engineering?

sir, i am 2nd year mechanical branch student i want to start preparation for ies examination so what i do sir please tell me somthing about this,can i do crash summer course then tell me the name of some best institute for this.
13th June 2012, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

I am a 2nd year mechanical engg. student...I am interested in preparing for gate exam... so pls say which book I can prefer...
My email is......tkathir93@gmail .com..pls reply.......
thank you....
30th June 2012, 06:22 PM
sounak4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohit balhara View Post
Sir,i am doing mech. Engg .i am in 2nd year i want to prepare for ies .can i start now ??and which books i use to?
You can always start early...
Know the syllabus mark out the important topics and keep revising them from time to time....
practising numericals is a must for IES exam so it must be the main focus

For help regarding topics of mechanical engineering and question paper download visit http://sounak4u.weebly.com/
18th September 2012, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

what are the text books we have to go through other than our course related books? I am 2nd year mechanical BE student.
6th December 2012, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

sir i am student of mechnical engineering? ani i want become ies...........
and my parents want see me as ies officer..........
pls suggest me in preparing for ies.......
18th February 2013, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing my b.tech degree in I.I.T DELHI and I want to start my preparation for civil services so please suggest me how to start?????????
27th November 2013, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

if i am a student of class 12 what steps should i take to become a district collector?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?