26th January 2012, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

How to start the preparation for CAT entrance exam?

i m final year btech student.i want to know how should i start preparation for CAT?
plz help

26th January 2012, 08:46 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to start the preparation for CAT entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m final year btech student.i want to know how should i start preparation for CAT?
plz help

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CAT EXAM

Those candidate have above 50% in graduation are eligible for CAT exam.

For SC/ST candidate this marks is decreased to 45% in graduation.

Your graduation college or university must have UGC approval.This exam is conduct once time in a year.

This year exam date is already announced.So please check it out.

You can apply here maximum times because there is no limitation to attempts for CAT exam.

You can go for below given books which can help you for CAT exam.This books are available in market.

BEST CAT EXAMS BOOKS

Also i have attached some question paper of CAT exam .So please check out the question paper.This paper can help you for CAT exam preparation.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cat-2007-Paper-Set-222.pdf(61.1 KB, 173 views)
File Type: pdf Cat-2007-Set-222-Solution.pdf(61.1 KB, 150 views)
File Type: pdf CAT-2008-Analysis-by-Career-Launcher.pdf(61.1 KB, 153 views)
File Type: pdf CAT-2008-Analysis-by-TCYonline.pdf(60.9 KB, 150 views)
26th January 2012, 09:32 PM
poisondart
Member+

Quote:
plz help
Preparation for CAT can be done in different way according to the tastes and preference of the individual
Each and every individual will have different methods and techniques to achieve their respective goals..
But very important fact is all the plans will have the following main qualities..
  • You should strongly determine towards your goal.
  • You should be well aware of what the syllabus and pattern.
  • You should also be hard working and also a smart planner of the preparation.
  • You should make smart plans according to the time available for the exam.

These are the main fundamental things on which every individual should work out.

I have found an article which would be very useful for you to start preparation for CAT. : http://testfunda.com/examprep/catcen...7-eff13641d231

Regards!
26th January 2012, 09:49 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

CAT is the management entrance exam for getting admission in institutes like IIMs....

You have to work hard to get into those institutes.

The best option is to join a coaching center.
Because in a coaching center you will get the environment of a school/college and teachers will always be there to clear your doubts and confusions.
They will take mock tests and will give you study materials and valuable tricks and notes for the exam.

So its better to join a coaching class, because self study is not enough for that. So you have to work very hard because cracking those entrance exams are very tough specially CAT which is considered as the most toughest management entrance exam in India.

CAT is conducted by IIMs, the Class A B-schools in India...CAT is the most toughest entrance exam in India by IIMs for MBA.

So prepare for those exams to study MBA.

But one thing is, there will many other students present in those centers and they will also get the same notes, study materials that you will get.

So you have to study for at least 6 7 hours a day by yourself at home...to become ahead of them.

So join a good coaching center in your city and try to join those batch which has less students, so that teachers can focus on each and every student separately......
26th January 2012, 10:28 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear
CAT exam is for MBA admission
So its preparation is also well if you get a good college for your study.

Here i give one advice and some suggestion for your CAT preparation:-

*In CAT question paper is based on

Aptitude
Reasoning
General English
General Knowledge

For this you go and well practice in subject wise like :-

First you prepare for Aptitude
books likes:-

Reasoning books:-

General english books:-

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKgWlsr9e7FtHWj475uIJmDHLpVkWYP hBnEK1YDTyjIHYTVsoKuXQGiw9kBw

General study books:-

27th January 2012, 01:12 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to start the preparation for CAT entrance exam?

Quote:
plz help

Preparation For CAT

CAT (Common Admission Test) is considered to be the most prestigious and the toughest MBA entrance exam all over India..

CAT is conducted for admissions to the best B-Schools all over the country like IIMs,IMD Gurgaon,IMT Ghaziabad,SP Jain,FMS Delhi and many more..

For appearing in CAT a candidate must be a graduate degree holder in any stream with an aggregate of 50% or above

The CAT Exam will mainly test you on the following sections :-

Quantitative Aptitude

Logical Reasoning

Vocabulary

Reading Comprehension

Data Interpretation

Data Sufficiency

I have attached a few previous year papers of CAT along with this reply so that you can have an idea of the exam pattern and the level of the questions asked..

CAT is going to take place this year around November so you have a lot to do right now..

Read novels and newspaper daily and find difficult words to improve your vocabulary..

Click Here for practicing sample papers and taking online mock tests for CAT..

I would suggest you to join the All India Test Series of a good coaching institute which will give you an idea of your position in the all India competition..

For more information on CAT you can Click Here

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CAT2008_Question_Paper_With_Detailed_Solutions.pdf(1.32 MB, 129 views)
File Type: pdf CAT-2007_Exam.pdf(217.4 KB, 85 views)
File Type: pdf cat2006.pdf(342.1 KB, 96 views)
File Type: pdf cat2005.pdf(1.42 MB, 94 views)
File Type: pdf CAT 2004 Paper.pdf(721.7 KB, 131 views)
File Type: pdf CAT 2003ii Paper.pdf(904.9 KB, 107 views)
1st February 2012, 07:48 PM
pragati kashyap

Quote:
plz help
its your crucial time now as career is now at peak and this final chance can make your future better and CAT is a good choice you have made but it require a lot of labour.first of all you should have to make a good command over english and dictionary words then the basic fundamentals of mathematics .and try to manage your time and make a fix time in which you have to definately read for it .try to develop your reasoning and understanding skill.
15th March 2012, 12:50 AM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

if you have above 50% in graduation are eligible for CAT exam.For SC/ST candidate this marks is decreased to 45% in graduation.Your graduation college or university must have UGC approval.This exam is conduct once time in a year.This year exam date is already announced.So please check it out.You can apply here maximum times because there is no limitation to attempts for CAT exam.
9th June 2012, 12:02 AM
mnbgvs

Thumbs up Re: How to start the preparation for CAT entrance exam?

[QUOTE=sujukisamurai;1898163]

ELIGIBILITY;

if you have above 50% in graduation are eligible for CAT exam.For SC/ST

candidate this marks is decreased to 45% in graduation.Your graduation college or university must have UGC approval.This exam is conduct once

time in a year.This year exam date is already announced.So please check it out.You can apply here maximum times because there is no limitation to attempts for CAT exam.

Preparation for CAT ;

each and every individual will have different methods and techniques to achieve their respective goals..

but very important fact is all the plans will have the following main qualities..

-> You should strongly determine towards your goal..

-> You should be well aware of what the syllabus and pattern..

-> You should also be hard working and also a smart planner of the preparation..

-> you should make smart plans according to the time available for the exam

these are the main fundamental things on which every individual should work out

apart from this

you can go to a good coaching institute like TIME(Triumphet Institute of Management Education)

this is one of the best coaching centres...

ALL THE BEST....

30th June 2013, 10:54 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

following are the way you can start your preparation for CAT

1. you can start preparation on your own, though it requires you to have high determination and focus

following are the books you can refer,

R S agarwal
Arun Sharma
Arihant publication

2. you can join any good coaching for CAT such as T.I.M.E
TIME material and faculty is good enough to make you prepare for CAT and other MBA exam

all the best
16th January 2014, 03:38 AM
Unregistered

can you suggest me that if i m reading myself with strong determindly.than kya mai mba clear kr paungi..gfv
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?