21st August 2011, 02:56 AM
Rahul ujjawal

When will I be eligible for UPSC Exam?

if i'll be completing my b.tech degree in 2013 then when will i be elligible to appear for "upsc" exams

21st August 2011, 05:41 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When will I be eligible for UPSC Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul ujjawal View Post
if i'll be completing my b.tech degree in 2013 then when will i be elligible to appear for "upsc" exams
If you Will completed your B.tech degree course in 2013, Then you are eligible to apply for UPSC Examination in 2013 Only. Because Only Graduate passed candidates or Final year graduate candidates are eligible to apply for UPSC Examination.

>> So in 2013 You are eligible to apply for UPSC Examination. But you have not mentioned that in which UPSC Examination you are Interested. UPSC Conducts many examination like Civil services examination, IES Examination, CDS Examination, SCRA Examination, NDA Examination, IFS Examination and I.ES/I.S.S Examination.

>> And After completing B.tech course your are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, CDS Examination and IES (Engineering service examination). To apply for all these examinations, your age should between 21 to 30 Years, Upper age limit is only applicable for SC, ST, OBC and other reserved category candidates.

The Notification of UPSC Examination was Published in the employment Newspaper OR in the UPSC Website every year and candidates may fill the application form Online By visit the UPSC Website, You can also Obtained the application form Directly form the designated Post offices.

>> So please complete your Graduation and then you are eligible for UPSC Examination in 2013 and for more Information please check the official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
21st August 2011, 05:48 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

You will eligible for upsc exam,after completing your graduation degree only.
Then in 2013 you can apply for some of the upsc exam,that are Combined defense service,Indian Administration service,Indian Public service,and if you completed B.Tech course either in Mechanical/Electrical/Civil then you can apply for Indian Engineering Service exam.

For more details,then click here
21st August 2011, 06:04 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello Rahul,
The UPSC conducts various examination and the eligibility for each examination varies.

UPSC conducts examination for +2 qualified candidates.
UPSC conducts examination for graduates.
UPSc conducts examination for engineers.
UPSc conducts examination for post graduates

Since you are pursuing B.Tech, you will be eligible to write exam conducted by UPSC after completion of your final year. Being an engineer, you will be eligible to write Engineering Service exam.

Apart from this, you will be also eligible to write civil service exam, central police force exam, combined defense service exam etc.

For more details regarding the exams, refer to the official website of UPSC.
21st August 2011, 06:06 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

You will eligible for upsc exam,after completing your graduation degree only.
Then in 2013 you can apply for some of the upsc exam,that are Combined defense service,Indian Administration service,Indian Public service,and if you completed B.Tech course either in Mechanical/Electrical/Civil then you can apply for Indian Engineering Service exam.

For more details,then click here
21st August 2011, 07:08 PM
ASHWANI42092

Dear friend ,
For any UPSC exam a candidate should have graduation in any discipline.
As you said that you will be completing your graduation in 2013.From this
year onwards you are eligible for all UPSC entrance exams.
There are many entrance exams which is conducted by UPSC every year.
Here I am the list of UPSC exams :-
1]CDS-Combined defense service if apply for this exam you can join defense as a officer.
Age limit is different for all three forces :-
Age limit for Army 19-24 years.
Age limit for Navy 19-22 years.
Age limit for Air force 19-23 years.
2]SSC -Short Service Commission if you apply for this you can also join defense as a officer but you can served for limited period.
Age limit for Army 19-24 years.
Age limit for Navy 19-22 years.
Age limit for Air force 19-23 years.
3]IAS- Indian Administrative Service if you apply for IAS then you can join civil department .
Age limit for general -21-30 years.
Age limit for OBC 21-33 years .
Age limit for SC/ST 21-35 years.
4]IPS -Indian Police Service if you apply for IAS then you can join civil department .
Age limit for general -21-30 years.
Age limit for SC/ST 21-35 years
5]IES-Indian Engineering service you can join various government jobs as a engineer.
Age limit 21-30 years
Age limit for SC/ST 21-35 years
6]IFS etc
Thank you .
21st August 2011, 07:11 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Yes you will be eligible to apply for UPSC exams after completing your B.tech in 2013 or you can also apply for UPSC exams while doing your final year...

Since you will be applying after your graduation, so you can apply for CDS, IES, IPS and IAS exams.

Also keep it in mind that you should have crossed 21 years of age and should not have crossed 30 years of age at the time of applying.

Though age relaxation of 5 years and 3 years are there for SC/ST and OBC candidates respectively.....

For more information visit the official website: http://upsc.gov.in

You will get other criterion details and the date of exam, pattern of exam etc...
All the best....
21st August 2011, 07:12 PM
sg1991

The eligibility criteria for appearing in UPSC exams such as IAS, IPS etc is-
* The candidate must be a citizen of India.
* He/she must hold a bachelor's degree in any field from a recognised university.
* He/she must be at least 21 years of age.
* The upper age limit for general category is 30 years.
* For OBC category it is 33 years.
* For SC/ST category it is 35 years.
* Maximum number of attempts for general category is 4, for OBC 7 and no restriction for SC/ST category.

So you will be eligible when you fullfil above mentioned criteria.
21st August 2011, 07:18 PM
NEIL6

Friend

As you will complete your BTech in 2013 then you are eligible for UPSC exams after 2013

only because the eligibility required for UPSC exams is graduation in any field. So,now you

are doing your BTech therefore you are not eligible for UPSC examination. You will have

to wait for 2 years more for giving exam. Till then you have sufficient time to think in

which field you want to go and enough time to prepare according to your choice. For

more information about UPSC exam, you must visit:- www.upsc.gov.in

With best wishes!
21st August 2011, 07:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

You are in B-TECH 2nd year student , so you have completed your graduation first then you are eligible.

Those candidate are graduate are applicable for UPSC exam.

But your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

Age relaxation is provide 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidate.

So if you want to apply for UPSC exam you can visit upsc own website.

All the best.
21st August 2011, 09:27 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

As your doing your b.tech at present when you will completed your b.tech then automatically you are eligible for the upsc exam till that you can start preparation for that.make strong your general knowledge and english so that at the time you apply for the exam then you will not face any problem and am attaching an syllabus for ias exam you can see this it will help you alot
best of luck
21st August 2011, 09:28 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

This ism the attachments of the syllabus for the ias.................
Attached Files
File Type: docx IAS.docx(17.1 KB, 77 views)
21st August 2011, 09:28 PM
rana2011
Banned

You do not mentioned that in which UPSC Examination you are Interested. UPSC Conducts many examination like Civil services examination, IES Examination, CDS Examination, SCRA Examination, NDA Examination, IFS Examination and I.ES/I.S.S Examination.

Only Graduate passed candidates or Final year graduate candidates are eligible to apply for UPSC Examination.

As,you Will completed your B.tech degree course in 2013 So, you are eligible to apply for UPSC Examination in 2013.

After completing B.tech course your will eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, CDS Examination and IES (Engineering service examination).

To apply for all these examinations, your age should between 21 to 30 Years if you are under genarel catagory, Upper age limit is only applicable for SC, ST, OBC and other reserved category candidates.

The Notification of UPSC Examination was Published in the employment Newspaper OR in the UPSC Website every year and candidates may fill the application form Online By visit the UPSC Website, You can also Obtained the application form Directly form the designated Post offices.

For more Information please check the official website -
http://upsc.gov.in

Thanks!
21st August 2011, 11:12 PM
suchiii

hii
you have to completed graduation for giving UPSC exam,
and the age limit for these exams are 21-31
there are some relaxation for sc/st and OBC.
3 year for OBC and 5 year for SC/ST.
28th November 2011, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

It's said that ies exams are conducted at the month of june would tis date will clash with 8th semester exam of the final year student
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?