16th January 2018, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

Whether passing percentage is required in 12th to apply for JEE or not for the year 2018?

I'm planning to appear for Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) this year. However, I heard that my 12th percentage is required for application but, I have still not cleared my 12th and will be passing out in this year. So wanted to confirm whether 12th percentage is required to apply for JEE or not?

19th January 2018, 08:52 PM
NeptuneSpear

Default Re: Whether passing percentage is required in 12th to apply for JEE or not for the year 2018?

As per the latest guidelines by CBSE for JEE one must secure at least 75% for UR (Unreserved) and 65% marks for SC/ST/OBC in aggregate in Class 12th at the time of counselling to NITs/IITs/IIITs. So you have to require to attain above mentioned percentage in order to appear for those colleges, except these colleges there no criteria to secure 75% in your senior secondary.

- 12th percentage will require at the time of counselling but not at the time of filling the application form.
20th January 2018, 09:10 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether passing percentage is required in 12th to apply for JEE or not for the year 2018?

JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination and the same examination is a national level entrance examination held for offering education in an undergraduate technical degree course in various CFTIs and other private engineering colleges in India.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in JEE being a final year of student of Class 12th then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible as candidates going to appear in their board examinations are eligible for appearing in JEE. Further as far as you are concerned about need of filling the marks secured in Class 12th in JEE application form then it is not required for candidates pursuing their Class 12th but you must secure the minimum required marks in your Class 12th and submit valid proof at the time of admission.

For more details and FAQs regarding JEE you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
20th January 2018, 04:02 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

It is not necessary to mention 12th board percentage.
You can also apply as appearing candidate then in this criteria percentage is not required.
You can also write JEE entrance examination after passing out 12th. But if you are interested to apply this year as appearing candidate then also it is possible.
20th January 2018, 05:46 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm planning to appear for Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) this year. However, I heard that my 12th percentage is required for application but, I have still not cleared my 12th and will be passing out in this year. So wanted to confirm whether 12th percentage is required to apply for JEE or not?
According to the eligibility criteria of JEE 2018, candidates will be considered eligible to appear for the exam on the basis of following criteria:

* Date of Birth- Students who are born on or after October 1,1993 are eligible to apply for JEE 2018. For SC/ST/OBC students must have born on or after October 1,1988 (relaxation of 5 years)

* Qualifying Examination - Candidates must have passed 12th class in 2016, or 2017. Candidates who are appearing in class 12th or qualifying exam in 2018 are also eligible to apply for JEE 2018.

* Subject Combination- Candidates must have taken 5 subjects in 12th. The 5 subjects for B.TECH/B.E are: 1.Language, 2.Physics, 3. Mathematics, 4.Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational Subject (any one of them) and 5. any other subject.

*Number of Attempts- A JEE can avail 3 attempts for the national level undergraduate engineering entrance exam.

So, yes you can apply for JEE 2018. There is no such passing percentage required. During admission time you will be required to show your 12th passing result.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?