15th May 2015, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

Cutoff percentage required in 12th ISC to appear in JEE Advanced?

Hello Sir,
I have given 12th ISC Board exam
from Science stream and also given my
JEE Main. I want to give JEE Advance so,
what percentage I should maintain in 12th ISC
for giving JEE Advanced?

17th May 2015, 03:53 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Cutoff percentage required in 12th ISC to appear in JEE Advanced?

The marks in your ISC Examination does not matter the main thing that matters is that you will need to score 105 in your JEE Main Examination to be eligible to give the JEE Advanced Examination.
If you are able to crack both the JEE Main and JEE Advanced you will require 65% marks in your ICS Board Examination to be eligible to get admission into IIT's and 60% to get admission into NIT's.
17th May 2015, 09:03 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination, you must have to satisfy one of the below mentioned two conditions :-

1. You must be within category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates of your 12th standard board examinations.

2. You must have secured an aggregate of 75% (for General & OBC) or 70% (for SC/ST/PWD) aggregate marks in your 12th standard board examination marks.

By qualifying and securing top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination and by satisfying any one of the above mentioned condition, you are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination.
17th May 2015, 11:05 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Cutoff percentage required in 12th ISC to appear in JEE Advanced?

Firstly it doesn't matters how many marks did you got in 12th board exams , you must score good in JEE(Mains) exams - Joint Entrance Exam to get admitted in any good government college for engineering after scoring good marks in JEE mains then your are eligible for JEE advance otherwise you can't able to sit in JEE advance exam so prepare for JEE mains forget about 12th ICSE board marks and if you are preparing for JEE advance then as per my knowledge you can easily score 85% + marks in ICSE board if you didn't score 85% marks then you cannot clear JEE mains because its not an easy job to clear JEE exam conducted by CBSE Board
17th May 2015, 11:52 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

12th Class percentage is no where asked to appear in JEE Advanced Examination and this criteria is asked only for appearing in JEE Mains Examination. The only Eligibility Criteria you must meet is "You must be among the top 1,50,000 candidates inclusive of all categories in JEE Main Examination". As you have already given JEE Main Examination, if you can maintain to be stood up in top 1,50,000 members those who appeared in JEE Main only are eligible. Candidates who have passed 12th class from a recognized university (or) those who are appearing their 12th Class only are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced Examination. Irrespective of the percentage that you will secure in 12th Class, the eligibility criteria is considered basically depends on the marks secured in JEE Main or the position or rank you secure in JEE Main Examination. Make sure you are the one among the top 1,50,000 members those who appeared in JEE Main Examination to be eligible for giving JEE Advanced Exam.
29th August 2015, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I got 330 marks in I.sc from bihar board in 2015. Can I write the paper of jee advance 2016, n I m from OBC.
31st August 2015, 02:39 PM
newmoon06

JEE Advance Eligibility-

Criterion 1-
Performance in JEE main.
Firstly, you need to qualify the JEE Main exam after that you will be eligible to give the of JEE Advance. a candidate should be among the top 1,50,000(all categories included in exam).
27% is required for OBC candidates. total number of OBC candidates are 40, 500 among which you need 39,285.

criterion 2-
Age Limit-

The candidate must born after or on October 1, 1991 for GEN, or OBC candidates.

criterion 3-
Appearance in class 12th-

A candidate should have appear in class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and maths as the main subjects and must have minimum 50% marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?