7th July 2017, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for JEE main according to new rules?

If joint entrance exam changes to a single exam, then according to new rules will the students preparing for JEE main 2018 as their third attempt get chance to appear for that single entrance exam?

7th July 2017, 09:55 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I appear for JEE main according to new rules?

JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination and same is a national level engineering entrance examination held for offering admission in undergraduate technical degree course in CFTIs like IIT, NIT, ISM, etc. and other private engineering colleges.

As far as you are concerned about the replacement of state EEE/CET and JEE by a combined entrance examination then till now there is no such notification regarding till now and hence nothing can be said about its rule now.

But as far as you are concerned about appearing in JEE Main third times then I would like to let you know that yes you can appear in the same as number of permissible attempts allowed for qualifying JEE Main is three.

For more details associated to JEE Main you can refer to its official link www.jeemain.nic.in.
8th July 2017, 01:37 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for JEE Main examination according to new rules. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream from a recognised board are eligible to apply for JEE Main examination. The maximum number of attempts allowed to appear in JEE Main examination is three times that too in three consecutive years after completion of your 12th standard. Since, your third attempt is in 2018, you are eligible to apply for JEE Main 2018 examination.
8th July 2017, 05:17 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes you can appear in JEE Main 2018 as there are three consecutive chances available for candidates.
So if you had appeared in JEE Main 2016 as your 1st attempt then you can apply for JEE Main 2018 as your 3rd and last attempt.
From the next year, National Testing Service will be formulated to replace CBSE, all the engineering entrance examinations will be brought under one exam, just like NEET.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?