25th August 2017, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

Can I give JEE advanced after class 12th improvement exams?

Sir, I have passed class12th in 2016 and gave JEE advanced but did not qualified it. I want to reappear in 2018 if I had already taken admission in 12th standard school to improve my board also can I give JEE advanced 2018?

25th August 2017, 07:20 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give JEE advanced after class 12th improvement exams?

Yes, you can appear for it after clearing JEE Main, if you have attempts left. Improvement exams marks will definitely be considered for JEE advanced.

Hence, no need to worry, just be prepared for JEE main. Selection will be on the basis of merit only.
25th August 2017, 07:43 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can apply for JEE examination once again in the year of 2018 after the improvement examination of class 12th.
The basic requirement is that, you must score above 75% marks in your class 12th to be eligible for JEE examination.
25th August 2017, 07:47 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear in JEE Advanced Examination 2018 provided that you have not backlogs still.

In general, the minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in JEE Advanced examination is 12th Class from a recognized university in 10+2 pattern.

As you are done with 12th Class finally even after improvement examination, I am sure you are certainly eligible give JEE Examination.

Candidates who are willing to appear in 2018 JEE Examination must have completed their course in 2016 or later.
25th August 2017, 08:32 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2018 as because a candidate can attempt JEE Advanced a maximum of two times in consecutive years.
A candidate who have appeared in JEE Advanced in 2017, eligible to appear in JEE Advanced in 2018.
25th August 2017, 08:40 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination and same is a national level engineering entrance examination held for admission in B.Tech/B.Arch degree course in top government engineering colleges like IITs, NITs, ISM, IIITs, etc. and other private engineering colleges.

Further JEE is organised by CBSE in two stages which includes JEE Main followed by JEE Advanced.

Now as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in JEE Advanced 2018 having appeared in same examination in 2016 then I would like to let you know that you are not eligible as the maximum attempt allowed for JEE Advanced is two successive attempts which includes the JEE Advanced of that year in which you qualified your Class 12th and the JEE Advanced of the year following it. Meanwhile you can apply for JEE Main 2018 as for the same the maximum attempt allowed is three.

For more details and FAQs associated with JEE you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in where as for that regarding JEE Advanced you can visit www.jee.adv.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?