7th January 2017, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

Whether a student is considered an NRI if he has studied Abroad till class 8th?

Respected Sir, If a student has studied till class 8th in Abroad and then he came to Indian for further studies so I want to know will that student be considered as NRI or not if he has studies Abroad till class 8th? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Which students are considered as NRI?
  2. Will I be considered for EAMCET as student of Andhra Pradesh when studied in AP till 8th class and then from Karnataka till 12th?
  3. Till which class a student can study in Abroad? To avoid NRI quota in which class he should come back to India?
  4. Till which class an Indian can study in Abroad to avoid NRI quota?
  5. Whether my daughter will be treated as NRI student or local student?
  6. Whether a student is considered an NRI if studying in Abroad?
  7. Upto which standard a candidate can study in Abroad to remain a Local candidate of India?
  8. Who is an NRI student? If a student studies till 10th abroad and studies his 11th and 12th in India then is he eligible for exams under normal category? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. At what time a 5th standard student can study in Abroad to avoid being NRI?
  10. If I study class 12 in India will I be considered an NRI? If I study class 10th in Abroad and +2 in India will I be considered an NRI?
  11. Am I eligible for EAMCET if I have studied in abroad till 10th grade?
  12. Is a candidate passed 10th from abroad and 12th from Tamil Nadu, eligible for NRI quota? What's the eligibility criteria for Tamil nadu engineering college counselling?
  13. Are there any seats for NRI sponsored students in AIIMS?
  14. Do I belong to general student or NRI quota if studied up to 10th in abroad and 12th from Tamil Nadu to sit in engineering entrance exam?
  15. Upto which class a candidate can study in Abroad to avoid NRI quota?
  16. Eligibility to claim tamilnadu state quota in NIT Tiruchirapalli through AIEEE
  17. Possibilities to get admission at Mangalore in NRI quota for NRI student if place of birth is India?
  18. Will my son be considered an NRI for MBBS entrance exam, if studied from CBSE in Saudi Arabia?
9th January 2017, 04:47 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: Whether a student is considered an NRI if he has studied Abroad till class 8th?

> A student can continue studies after class 8 in India.
> Student will be considered NRI because neither his/her place of birth is India, nor he/she had spend more than 90 days in India.
> Till class 10th he has to study all subjects as per the norms of Indian government.
> After class 10 he will be given choice to select either commerce or science field.
> Candidate need to submit marks sheet, certificate of passing, domicile certificate of the previous class where he studied in foreign country.
> Parents also need to submit the birth certificate of the child as he is not a Indian citizen by birth.
> I will advice parents to admit their child in a christian school or college where the admission process for a NRI students are easy.
31st January 2019, 08:12 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Whether a student is considered an NRI if he has studied Abroad till class 8th?

FEMA,1999 If a person resident outside India comes to India for higher studies, will he be considered a resident of India if he stays in India for more than 182 days?? Or he will not be considered resident of India as he did not come to India for employment, vocation or business?
Could somebody clear my doubt?
Thank you.
29th July 2021, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

If a child studied till 8 th class in india and went to abroad , and when she want to study her degree in india,will she be considered a NRI ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?