9th November 2016, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

Do I belong to general student or NRI quota if studied up to 10th in abroad and 12th from Tamil Nadu to sit in engineering entrance exam?

Dear sir, Please let me know if a student studied abroad till 10th and is currently studying 12th from Tamil Nadu. Could he sit in engineering entrance exam under general quota or in NRI quota?

Related Questions:
  1. Is a candidate passed 10th from abroad and 12th from Tamil Nadu, eligible for NRI quota? What's the eligibility criteria for Tamil nadu engineering college counselling?
  2. How many preceding year a student has to study in Tamil Nadu for qualifying Normal quota?
  3. How many preceding years a person has to study in Tamil Nadu to qualify for their Engineering Couselling conducted by Anna university? What is the criteria for Mahraastra engineering entrance exam?
  4. Are there any seats for NRI sponsored students in AIIMS?
  5. Would I be consider under Tamil Nadu state quota in engineering/medical entrance exam? I belong to Tamil Nadu but I am studying(In 10th std) in Noida due to my father's job
  6. Will my son considered to be NRI if he has a valid visa of UAE to study in India?
  7. Will i come under NRI quota as i have done 10th in abroad?
  8. Procedure to apply in Government Engineering or Medical colleges of Tamil Nadu for NRI student?
  9. Who is an NRI student? If a student studies till 10th abroad and studies his 11th and 12th in India then is he eligible for exams under normal category? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. What's the eligibility Criteria for Getting Admission in Govt. Engineering college of Tamil Nadu? I've completed my 10th from Kendriya Vidyalaya and 10+2 in Secondary Education, Govt. of Kerala.
  11. How to get admissions in Tamilnadu medical collleges after passing 10th standard in Saudi Arabia
  12. Can a student take admission in engineering college at Andhra Pradesh through NRI quota if his father worked in abroad? -- [New]
  13. Which institute is best for Boiler Operating engineer course in Tamilnadu
  14. Am I eligible to appear in Tamil Nadu Engineering Entrance exam if completed 10th in Canada and pursuing 12th in India?
  15. Admission procedure and fees structure to study MBBS course from Tamil Nadu under government quota for NRI Indian girl candidate?
  16. Am I eligible for EAMCET if I have studied in abroad till 10th grade?
  17. What is the eligibility or procedure for NRI student to appear for CET exam without NRI quota?
  18. How many preceding years a person has to study in Tamil Nadu to apply for admission in Anna university as a Normal candidate other than NRI?
14th November 2016, 09:10 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I belong to general student or NRI quota if studied up to 10th in abroad and 12th from Tamil Nadu to sit in engineering entrance exam?

It depends on your domicile or in particular the citizenship which you hold currently. If you hold Indian citizenship, then you will not be treated as a NRI and can sit for the Engineering entrance as a general category student irrespective where you pursued your 10th standard. If you were not born in India and do not hold citizenship of India then you need to appear under NRI quota.
12th May 2020, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Do I belong to general student or NRI quota if studied up to 10th in abroad and 12th from Tamil Nadu to sit in engineering entrance exam?

IF ANY STUDENT STUDIED UP TO 8TH STANDARD IN ABROAD AND 9TH TO 12 TH STUDIED IN INDIA. IS HE NRI OR LOCAL
2nd November 2020, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply in General category for govt medical colleges if I did my 10th from abroad & 12th from India? Or I am an Nri?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?