7th March 2012, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

Why all people are going to US for higher studies? What's the special in US? What are the courses offered under MS? Pursuing MS degree from Germany is good?

Hello sir,
hi sir now am doing 6th semester B.E in the field of mechatronics engineering...as am interested in doing M.S so apart from INDIA lik U.S. nd Europian countries ..M.S studies are good?..... am now gng GRE/TOFEL class regularly ... sir my question is why all are gng to U.S neither than singapore or other countries wats the special in U.S ?
In M.S wat are all the coures available ? and am eager to do M.S in germany is it good.... wat and all needed to study in germany ?........ sir help me to say those answer....
your kindly
L.TAMILAZHAGAN

Related Questions:
  1. Best stream to d PG in Germany after Mechanical engineering?
  2. What is the procedure followed for doing masters in abroad with only scholarship?
  3. Impact of foreign universities on Indian Education System? What are the advantages and disadvantages?
  4. Can I apply in Germany for higher studies after scoring 57% in intermediate?
  5. How to join MS in Automobile Engineering in germany?
  6. Best university in Canada/US for pursuing B.Tech IT?
  7. Information regarding good Higher studies for me being a candidate pursuing B.Tech course?
  8. Are there any scholarships available for pursuing masters degree in a good university of US or Germany? Are there any exams other than GRE and TOEFL for pursuing degree in US?
  9. What is the B.Tech percentage required for high studies in German?
  10. Is this a better choice of going Australia for Higher studies having done M.Sc in Maths? Courses offered by Australian Government for the candidates of M.Sc Maths?
  11. What are the courses that recognize DNB degree? I am pursuing superspeciality in Neurosurgery in Germany
  12. How to apply for higher studies while pursuing degree in Agricultural engineering? List of courses for which I can apply?
  13. Full funded scholarships for higher studies in France or Germany? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. What are the courses offered in Germany after completion of B.Tech in India?
  15. What is the procedure followed for doing masters in Civil engineering with educational scholarship? -- [New]
  16. Which is better : ME after B.E or prepare for job interview?
  17. How to do higher studies after pursuing B.Tech in ECE?
  18. What should I study after completing Diploma in Architecture?
28th April 2022, 01:38 PM
jacobleo329

Default Re: Why all people are going to US for higher studies? What's the special in US? What are the courses offered under MS? Pursuing MS degree from Germany is good?

We are headed towards an innovation economy - the new work, jobs and ways of thinking that such innovation will bring about needs innovation-minded people.
By way of Wikipedia (yes. I'm using this as a reference) "due to the wide range of courses available from different educational institutes, there is a strong interest in graduate study to all types of advanced degrees in over one hundred countries around the world."

The number one reason is the history of US. It's a peaceful rich nation where everyone in the world has migrated to during last 100 years and it's multicultural; USA has something called Brand Image which is worth having. As I know, engineering courses are offered by California Institute of Technology but if someone wants MS degree then she can look into other universities or labs who provide similar courses. MS Program aims at two types of education system: >> Fundamental Research >> Practical Research Here is the list from Wikipedia regarding MS Program:

The Master of Science degree (often abbreviated M.S.) is a postgraduate academic degree, designed for research students and providing high-quality training in specific subject areas through mastery of skills that cannot be covered during their undergraduate education.

Master of Science (MS programs) perform research activities that are distinct from and complementary to only undergraduate degree programs.

This is among the leading reasons for people who want to explore higher education outside their own country. And Here Is some Statistics on International Graduate Student Admissions According to Georgetown University Center:American universities and colleges receive more international students than any other nation's national education system.

In fact, our educational institutions still operate relatively free from barriers that might otherwise obstruct further international student flow into U.S. Higher Education Space … by 2016 between 535,000 and 880,000 international students will be studying at US colleges and universities each year, representing almost.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?