6th June 2017, 09:12 AM
Wairokpam

Will I be able to get a college in Delhi after securing 72. 5% in best four subjects?

Can I get an admission in college in Delhi university for arts stream after securing72. 5%in best four subject in my board in science stream. Is there any possibilities for me to get a college?

6th June 2017, 01:30 PM
GopinKumar

Smile Re: Will I be able to get a college in Delhi after securing 72. 5% in best four subjects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wairokpam View Post
Can I get an admission in college in Delhi university for arts stream after securing72. 5%in best four subject in my board in science stream. Is there any possibilities for me to get a college?
Hai.. you can try for south campus colleges of Delhi university too. You can also try for other leading institutes like Ashoka university, Lovely Professional university, Ambedkar university etc. You can enjoy the vibrant campus life with good quality of education and scholarships in some of the institutes.
6th June 2017, 02:46 PM
help100%

Default Re: Will I be able to get a college in Delhi after securing 72. 5% in best four subjects?

I'm going to answer your question by considering the last year Delhi University Cut off so, according to the 2016 cut-off list you wont be qualifying in any of the arts college merit list as their lowest cut-off marks was 78% where as the lowest cut-off marks for science colleges were 82% but except for the BA Sanskrit whose cut off went down to 68% and for the BSc Microbiology whose cut off went down to 72%.

So, frankly speaking with this percentage it will be harder for you to get qualified in any of the top notch Delhi colleges, one thing you can do apply at IPU, Jamia milia University or NCR Universities, or better appear in entrance exams for pursuing professional courses like BHM, BBA, BJMC, 5 years LLB, BDes, BArch, etc.
6th June 2017, 09:08 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be able to get a college in Delhi after securing 72. 5% in best four subjects?

If you are from general category then there is hardly any chance of getting admission in any college of Delhi University.

Students of OBC and SC/ST can get admission in some colleges with 72.5% marks in best four subjects. You can apply for UG admission at http://www.du.ac.in.
6th June 2017, 09:51 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Delhi university is among the best university of India. Admission in most of its undergraduate course is offered on merit basis ( percentage in 12th board examination).

Due to large number of application for admission in colleges of university the cut off score is very high and candidates with average score are not able to make it to admission in course or college of there choice.

If you have 72.5 % in best four according to me it will be tough to get admission in most of courses but you must still fill the application form for admission.

Note :- There is relaxation for reserved category and also admission is offered through Sports quota. For more details visit at www.du.ac.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?