16th March 2012, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

Will I be eligible for CAT or MAT after doing graduation from B.Com Hons in IGNOU

if i do my graduation from b.com hons in IGNOU ,will i be eligible to appear for CAT and MAT exams?i want to opt for CA so will it be fruitful enough to do my graduation from this university.kindly suggest the best options.

18th June 2012, 09:07 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be eligible for CAT or MAT after doing graduation from B.Com Hons in IGNOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
if i do my graduation from b.com hons in IGNOU ,will i be eligible to appear for CAT and MAT exams?i want to opt for CA so will it be fruitful enough to do my graduation from this university.kindly suggest the best options.

The Indira Gandhi National Open University [IGNOU] is a UGC [University Grant Commission] recognized Institution and the Distance programs offered by the University are approved by the Distance Education Council [DEC]. The University is one of the Top ranked Institution in the country offering correspondence programs in various disciplines.

Candidates obtaining a degree from the Indira Gandhi National Open University [IGNOU] are eligible to appear in any Entrance Examinations including CAT, MAT given, one fulfills the other eligibility criteria. However, the final selection is based on total assessment of the Individuals academic background and personal skills.
19th July 2013, 01:27 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Will I be eligible for CAT or MAT after doing graduation from B.Com Hons in IGNOU

if school of open learning in du also provide farewell to student and does any event take place there??
19th July 2013, 11:05 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

IGNOU degrees are recognised

So, if you do your Graduation from IGNOU, You can apply for the MBA written tests like CAT, MAT,XAT etc

Eligibity for MBA written Tests that you can appear are:

MAT- Minimum Eligibilty to apply is Graduation pass.This test is conducted by AIMA.

CAT- Minimum Eligibilty is Graduation pass with minimum 50% marks for general and OBC candidates and 45% marks for the SC/ST candidates.

SNAP- This exam is conducted by Symbiosis, Minimum Eligibilty is Graduation pass with minimum 50% marks.

XAT- Minimum Eligibilty is Graduation pass

CA along with Graduation would be a very good option
19th July 2013, 01:23 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

The degree from IGNOU will be valid to apply for the Master of Business Administration. You can appear for the Common Admission Test provided you can meet the criteria for this entrance exam.

IGNOU is the recognized college and therefore there will be no issue. Besides to appear for Common Admission Test or the Management Aptitude Test you can have degree completed through correspondence or distance education.

Which means that you can apply for the any entrance exam for Master of Business Administration. Common Admission Test is the most popular which is perhaps why you want to appear for it.

The Common Admission Test is conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management. You I am sure you know that IIMs are the best option to complete management courses in India.

Apart from the IIMs the Common Admission Test is accepted by large number of good colleges including the IITs and NITs for their management courses.

CAT Eligibility

1. You should be graduate to apply for it.

2. 50 percent marks if belong to General/OBC.

3. 45 percent marks for SC/ST.

You will not be allowed to appear for Common Admission Test if failed to meet the percentage criteria. In such situation I will recommend appearing for the Management Aptitude Test which you also mentioned in your question.

Although IIMs do not accept it, still there are several good colleges that do. The best thing about Management Aptitude Test is that there is no percentage criteria to appear for it.

You should have simply completed graduation to apply for the Management Aptitude Test. It is conducted 4 times in a year.
19th July 2013, 03:45 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Will I be eligible for CAT or MAT after doing graduation from B.Com Hons in IGNOU

Quote:

Eligibility To Appear For CAT and MAT

CAT stands for Common Admission Test whereas MAT stands for Management Aptitude Test

Both the exams are conducted for admissions to most prominent Business Schools in India..

The most prominent colleges under CAT are :

>> IIMs

>> FMS Delhi

>> MDI Gurgaon

>> IMT Ghaziabad

>> NITIE Mumbai

>> SP Jain

>> Jamnalal Bajaj, Gujrat

The prominent colleges that stack under MAT are :

>> Alliance Business Academy, Bangalore

>> BIMTECH, Greater Noida

>> International Institute of Business Studies, Bangalore

>> JK Business School, Gurgaon

>> Jaipuria Institute of Management Studies, Lucknow

The minimum required qualification to appear for both CAT and MAT is :

you should have completed graduation from a recognized institute with at least 50% marks..

IGNOU is a recognized institute so you can certainly apply for CAT and MAT exams..

For details on CAT you can Click Here

For MAT you can log in to http://aima.in

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
19th July 2013, 08:43 PM
bat cool

• hello
  • You are eligible for both CAT, MAT exams
  • Both are MBA entrance exams
  • Eligibility for CAT :
  • Bachelor's degree from a recognised university
  • The minimum percentage of marks required is 50%
  • There is no restriction regarding age and no. of attempts

• MAT eligibility :
  • The candidate has to possess Bachelor’s degree in any discipline, that is, B.A., B.Sc., B.Com, B.Tech, etc. from any recognized institute of University
  • Those students, who have appeared for final year of the qualifying examination and waiting for their results, are also eligible to apply for the MAT exam.
  • The final year appearing candidates may also apply for the competitive entrance test, but they have to show all the required documentary evidences or certificates at the time of admission.
  • The candidates should have done graduation or its equivalent under 10+2+3 examination pattern
  • all the best
2nd August 2013, 12:18 AM
mraghura

Is 10+2+1.5 degree eligible for cat (cpt students are eligible for 1.5 year b.com from ignou)?
29th September 2017, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

I am doing Bachelor of Radiation technology (Distance) from NIMS university Jaipur. Can I apply for MAT or CAT exams to do regular MBA course in good universities?
30th September 2017, 12:58 PM
kachhadiyasharda

Yes. You are eligible to apply and appear for CAT or MAT after completion of your graduation from IGNOU. CAT and MAT are the entrance exams conducted for the admission to MBA course.

CAT Syllabus
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Ability

MAT Syllabus
- Reading Comprehension
- English Language
- Arithmetic and Algebra
- General Knowledge
1st October 2017, 01:48 PM
sapphire1

CAT and MAT both exams are conducted for MBA entrance. MBA is a good course and it has good scope also.

Qualification required for MBA:

The candidates should have 12th in any stream with minimum 50% marks from a recognized university.

Here are some best streams in MBA:

MBA in marketing
MBA in Finance
MBA in HR
MBA in operation Management
MBA in Information Technology
MBA in International Business
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?