21st December 2011, 05:58 PM
SANTOSH TRIPATHI

Will I be eligible for Indian Army after having cavities in my two teeth?

I want to join army 10+2 but i have cavities in my two teeth...will i be eligible to join it

29th December 2011, 06:24 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be eligible for Indian Army after having cavities in my two teeth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANTOSH TRIPATHI View Post
I want to join army 10+2 but i have cavities in my two teeth...will i be eligible to join it
According to the guidelines mentioned in the notification of NDA exam, a total of 22 points are given for healthy 32 teeth.
To qualify, you will have to score a minimum of 14 points.
Now, you may loose few points because of the cavity in your teeth and this could lead to rejection.
Therefore, I would suggest you to visit a dentist to improve the condition of your teeth, before you apply for the exam.
17th March 2012, 06:07 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Will I be eligible for Indian Army after having cavities in my two teeth?

How many dental points i will get if i have a missing tooth. The rest 31 are sound and good.
14th April 2012, 07:20 AM
asish_mohanty123

Location: samantarapur , old town, pl.no.- 2155/2340 , pin- 751002 , bhubanswer , orissa

you can able to join the army if you tried heard to get more points in other physical test but you have to score minimum 14 points in this test to pass . so you should concern to a dentist to improve your teeth condition .
for more detals go to this pagehttp://joinindianarmy.nic.in/
1st May 2012, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

sir , i am suffering from dental fluorosis , am i eligiable for indian army medical test..........
15th June 2012, 10:40 AM
chillarboy
Member+

you can able to join the army if you tried heard to get more points in other physical test but you have to score minimum 14 points in this test to pass .
so you should concern to a dentist to improve your teeth condition .
guidelines mentioned in the notification of NDA exam, a total of 22 points are given for healthy 32 teeth.
Now, you may loose few points because of the cavity in your teeth and this could lead to rejection.
Therefore, I would suggest you to visit a dentist to improve the condition of your teeth, before you apply for the exam.
15th June 2012, 10:42 AM
chillarboy
Member+

you can able to join the army if you tried heard to get more points in other physical test but you have to score minimum 14 points in this test to pass .
so you should concern to a dentist to improve your teeth condition .
guidelines mentioned in the notification of NDA exam, a total of 22 points are given for healthy 32 teeth.
13th October 2012, 12:48 PM
smile_ways

yes,u will elligible for join the army by following conditions
1. your heath points may be reduced but for minimum 14 points u should goes
to a dentist and improve your teeth condition.
2.besides teeth you should improve your physical strength .
3.indian army held other exam for eligibility like high jump, running so u shold
be well prepared for such physical exam.
4. height : more than 5'4"
5.weight : should be balaced accodding height e.g. 5'4" weight should 55 to 60kg normally.
24th January 2013, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

how many dental points will be given to me if i have two teeth missing?
10th February 2013, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

its does not matter if u have 28 teeth in ur mouth minimum 14 dental point should be their means u should have 26 teeth good and sound
2nd March 2013, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have the problem of two gaps in my teeth so can i replace my two teeth in their positiom?
2nd March 2013, 05:20 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,

it is nice that you are interesting in Indian army.

for joining army. you must be physically as well as mentally fit.

in case of teeth,
a total of 22 points are given for healthy 32 teeth.

thank you..................................
2nd March 2013, 07:07 PM
MSTs
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir i have the problem of two gaps in my teeth so can i replace my two teeth in their positiom?
Hi,

Yes you are eligible for Indian Army after having cavities in my two teeth,The dental problem only make an issue in Indian army when your teeth are not in sound condition. Means to say that you will able to speech clearly otherwise you will be rejected
You should have sufficient number of natural and sound teeth. A minimum of 14 dental points will be acceptable. When 32 teeth are present, the total dental points are 22. You should not be suffering from severe pyorrhea
2nd March 2013, 10:52 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

The teeths are also taken into account when you are joining Indian Defence posts.

Dental Standards for Indian Defence:

The following dental standard will be followed:-

-Candidate must have 14 dental points and the following teeth must be present in the upper jaw in good functional opposition with the corresponding teeth in the lower jaw, and these must be sound or repairable:-

(i) Any four of the six anteriors
(ii) Any six of the ten posteriors
(iii) They should be balancing on both sides. Unilateral mastication
is not allowed.
(iv) Any removable or wired prosthesis are not permitted.

-Candidate whose dental standard does not conform to the laid down standard will be rejected.

-Candidate with dental arches affected by advanced stage of generalized active lesions of pyorrhoea, acute ulcerative gingivitis, and gross abnormality of the teeth or jaws or with numerous caries or septic teeth will be rejected.

For more information about medical fitness please download the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Medical-Standards-in-Armed-Forces.pdf(679.5 KB, 956 views)
31st March 2013, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

i had a rct treatment of my 1 tooth...hence had a acrylic crown in it. is there any problem in nda?
9th August 2013, 09:01 AM
Unregistered

Hello... I used to have 30 healthy teeths. Now I have braces in my teeths.
I have to loose two upper left and right teeths and 4 lower teeths because my teeths were not grown well
My teeths were not straight. But now I have braces I lost my 6 teeths. But I came to know about that in army person is not eligible have less than 24 teeths
Its really one of my bad luck if I am not able to get in army ..
Soo please help me what to do.
9th August 2013, 09:04 AM
Unregistered

Hello... I used to have 30 healthy teeths. Now I have braces in my teeths.
I have to loose two upper left and right teeths and 4 lower teeths because my teeths were not grown well
My teeths were not straight. But now I have braces I lost my 6 teeths. But I came to know about that person os not
26th August 2013, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Heya......I am suffering from tooth cavity and i am having cavity in 5 tooth, is this a rejection in medical in SSB
12th October 2013, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

I had completed 12th std. My age is 17 1/2.
I had used dental crowns in 4 teeths.

Whether i eligible for indian army.
Plse reply sir
18th October 2013, 02:43 AM
Unregistered

I have 28good teeth iam eligible for 14dental points
17th November 2013, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

i have some marks of stiches on my face does it create any problem in my selection in nda
22nd March 2014, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

i have 29 good teeth but i have a small cavity i one teeth so i am eligible for army or not..
22nd June 2014, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

I have cavity tooth which is treated and filled.will this cause rejection for indian army.
8th January 2015, 08:27 AM
Unregistered

I have cavity in my 6 teeth and 2 teeth have been removed due to cavity am I eligible for the defence jobs or not ?
Please sir reply
15th March 2015, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

sir, i want to join army it is passion of my life i am fit in all aspects of physical fitness. But have one tooth problem i have one artificial tooth cap which is adhere upon the broken tooth .Please tell me sir what i need to do.
14th April 2015, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

sir,
I have 31 teeth and one teeth is removed. so will I be fit for medical test to join Indian army ?
6th February 2016, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

I have half front tooth broken and I have undergone crowing can I get rejected because of the crown
25th January 2017, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

Sir my one teeth close and I don't new teeth fit so I can join police /army /force job.
2nd February 2017, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

I have one half front tooth broken and I have undergone crowing can I get rejected because of the crown
1st August 2019, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for nda as i have 5 filled teeth nd one cap?
6th September 2019, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

Is missing 3 teeth not eligible for nda?
5th March 2020, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

Can I joing indian airforce if I. Am missing wisdom tooth
14th September 2020, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

Will I eligible if my front teeth is broken
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?