3rd June 2018, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

Will I be eligible for PGT if I do Post Graduation after my B.Ed?

If I do Post Graduation after completing my B.Ed, will I be eligible PGT (Post Graduate Teacher)? If not, then what should I do as I have already taken admission in B.Ed?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for PGT after post graduation in geophysics?
  2. Will I be eligible for PGT if I do Post Graduation after my B.Ed?
  3. Can I do B.Ed from CCS university? Which are the teaching subjects in B.Ed? After B.Ed what are the requirements for TGT and PGT courses? Is there any post or vacancy in government schools for government teachers?
  4. Am I eligible to do BEd if I scored 40 percentage marks in post graduation?
  5. Am I eligible for PGT after doing graduation in Maths Hons?
  6. What is the percentage required in Graduation and Post Graduation to apply for UP-PGT exam?
  7. Three years of experience is necessary to apply for PGT post?
  8. Am I eligible for B.Ed course after scoring 42% in graduation and post graduation?
  9. Am I eligible for CTET exam if I have scored only 44% marks in Graduation?
  10. Eligibility for TGT exam to do B.Ed in J&K after graduation with 46% and post graduation in English with 47.5%?
  11. Percentage required in Graduation and Post Graduation to apply for UP-PGT exam?
  12. Am I eligible for CTET exam after completing Graduation with 44% marks? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Am I eligible for B.Ed course after completing graduation with 42%?
  14. Am I eligible for PGT after doing graduation in BSc in PCM?
  15. Best way to choose career in Teaching? Am I eligible for B.Ed, TGT or PGT after doing BCA?
  16. Eligibility to apply in PGT(Economics) for Economics postgraduate with BEd(Social Science) qualification? -- [New]
  17. UP PGT Exam eligibility after completing post graduation in M.Sc in Microbiology?
  18. Can I apply for PGT post after M.Sc in physics?
5th June 2018, 05:18 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be eligible for PGT if I do Post Graduation after my B.Ed?

PGT stands Post Graduate Teacher and you are eligible to appear for recruitment after qualifying CTET and TET examination.

Eligibility criteria:

Candidate must need to complete Master's Degree from recognized university and have two year B.Ed degree to appear for entrance examination. There is no limitation on discipline of Master's degree to appear for entrance examination.

For more information, about CTET entrance examination visit at www.cbse.nic.in.
5th June 2018, 05:20 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

PGT is Post Graduation Teacher. Yes, you are eligible to appear for PGT recruitment examination after completion of B.Ed course.

The required qualification is that candidate must have post graduation degree and have B.Ed from a recognised university.

So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in entrance examination will become eligible for recruitment as teacher in government schools.
5th June 2018, 10:37 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for PGT exam.

PGT (Post Graduate Teacher) exam is conducted by different states for recruiting the candidates for teaching in colleges.

The basic eligibility requirements are as follows:

- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The educational qualification required is a post graduation level degree along with B.Ed degree from any recognized university.
- The minimum percentage required is 50%.
- The minimum age should be 21 years. The upper age limit is 40 years. This may vary based on the state.
- There is age relaxation for reservation candidates based on the government rules.

Since you are studying B.Ed, you also need to study post graduation level degree in the related subject from any recognized university.
After completing both the degrees you can apply for PGT exam.
6th June 2018, 02:06 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

PGT stands for Post Graduate Teacher.

Eligibility criteria:

Candidate must have completed their Post Graduation in any discipline with minimum 50% from a recognized university.

Candidate must have a B.Ed degree.

So, yes you are eligible for PGT post after completing B.Ed degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?