20th September 2011, 12:01 AM
jhambshweta

Will the PSU recruit fresher engineers on the basis of GATe score?

Will all the PSU's recruit fresher engineers on the basis of Gate score?won't they will be doing campus placements as they do earlier with the NIT's and IIT's??

20th September 2011, 09:20 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will the PSU recruit fresher engineers on the basis of GATe score?

hi...there are many public sector undertakings which do recruitments on the bais of the gate score ,these companies call people for the interview on the bais of the gate score ,recently the bharath heavy electicals announced that they will do recruitment for the year 2012-2013 on the basis of the gate score ,you have to apply for it now in the bhel website,also the indian oil corporation limited is one of the companies which do call people for the interview on the bais of the gate score only ,but to do well in these companies and atlleast get an call for the interview you should have an rank of atleast below 100 if you are an general category student
20th September 2011, 07:22 PM
mentor_kapil

Yes

GATE can be used for hiring engineers in Oil PSU's however, it can't be used to hire non-engineers who are required in profiles like HR, finance, geophysical sciences and geology in the company.

It's probably one of the reasons why ONGC is not considering GATE for hiring new employees and instead rely on their own internal recruitment system.

PSU’s like BARC, NPCIL, HAL etc. give importance to GATE scores for positions in their organizations.

Good Lucks...!!

Mentor Kapil
31st December 2011, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

sir tell me whether central psus will come for recruitment in nits and iits
30th July 2014, 09:52 AM
Unregistered

Sir I hv two year gap aftr 12th and m thinking to go for gate ..will it be gud .m frm sc categary.sir giv me ur vailuble suggetion.shuld I prepare gate for one year.
24th March 2015, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

Do all the PSUs recruit fresh engineers only??
Or we can give GATE after 1 or 2 years after BE and then apply for PSU.....plz reply
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?