20th August 2010, 08:17 AM
arunkumar1789

How to get jobs in NTPC, ONGC or NLC?

Can you tell me Government jobs like NTPC,ONGC,NLC for passing out students

3rd June 2011, 11:37 AM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to get jobs in NTPC, ONGC or NLC?

hii, check out there websites and apply you need to have bachelor s degree + 60%.
4th June 2011, 12:28 AM
praveenkaranam22

u can jobs in those sectors when only they released notification.so keep up to date for news papers and employement news paper.thank u
8th July 2011, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

ur network is more useful for our youths.......thanks for all....................
13th September 2011, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

can an INSTRUMENTATION student has an eligibility to write NTPC exam????
16th September 2011, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

I have complete my ug in B.sc mathematics; i have interst to work in railway:-). Related jobs How can i get
4th May 2012, 03:49 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to get jobs in NTPC, ONGC or NLC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumar1789 View Post
Can you tell me Government jobs like NTPC,ONGC,NLC for passing out students

Hi

In India there are many PSU's which are basically Public Sector Undertaking companies and they function under the Government of India.

Some of the top PSU's in India are : NTPC, BHEL, ONGC, BEL, DRDO, OIL, ISRO, SAIL, GAIL, etc and many more...

Now for your information, I must tell you that till last year most of these PSU's used to conduct their own entrance exams respectively to recruit fresh engineering candidates from various parts of the country.

But from this year, most of the PSU's have agreed that they would recruit on the basis of the GATE score.

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

This exam is conducted on the All India Basis by the IIT's to select candidates for the various M.Tech colleges and courses and the PSU's also recruit on the basis of the score and percentile a candidate scored in this exam.

So if you want to get jobs in any of the PSU's, firstly you have to apply for this exam GATE.

Eligibility Criteria :-

1. You should be a minimum graduate in B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch/B.Pharmacy from a recognized college or university.

2. There should not be any pending backlogs or arrears.

3. The final year appearing students can also apply for this exam.

The syllabus for this would be everything that you had studied in your graduation course.

Once you clear this and get a rank, you have too then apply for the companies by filling their online forms available on their websites.

If they find you eligible in all dimensions then they would give you a call and then after an interview you can get placed.

There is no other way to get placed in these PSU's in the Graduate level.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
4th May 2012, 04:41 PM
bablubeniwal7

HI,
Top PSU's in India are : NTPC, BHEL, ONGC, BEL, DRDO, OIL, ISRO, SAIL, GAIL, etc and many more...

AT first you have to apply GATE
ELIGIBLITY FOR GATE EXAM;

Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.
Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
Pre-final year students are not eligible to write GATE 2012.
regards
bablu
4th May 2012, 05:32 PM
romi_bal

Till Last year NTPC & ONGC conducted their own exams but from this year they are shortlisting candidates on basis of GATE performance for direct interview. So the process has become even tougher.
For applying in these companies you have to appear for GATE exam conducted every year by IIT's & IISc.
For details of GATE I have attached the brochure of the same.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GATE 2012.pdf(443.6 KB, 178 views)
4th May 2012, 07:15 PM
a444

You have completed the b.sc You have lot of opportunities in Government as well as Private Sector Companies

I here give some of the opportunities

RRB:You can work for Indian Railway by doing RRB exam for the post of Senior Section Engineer,etc.RRB Trivandram and Ajmeer has announced their notifications so Pls be quick to apply and get Success,

You can also have jobs as Droughtsman Army Service Corps Centre,
You can also Apply for GAIL for the post of Technical Assistant,
You can take trainees,internship and Apprentice for Public Sector Organisations like BHEL,NTPC,ONGC,NLC,ICF,etc so that you can have added value when you apply for any Goverment Jobs,Keep Reading Employment News and Updates from Internet,

Best Of Luck
25th July 2013, 08:44 AM
Unregistered

what was the lowest cutoff to get into any PSU in 2013 Mechanical for general ??????
25th July 2013, 11:15 AM
aarju0991
Junior Member+

Smile Re: How to get jobs in NTPC, ONGC or NLC?

Read the eligibility criteria for ONGC Recruitment 2013
Educational Qualification
Applicants must possess M.Tech or B.E/B. Tech in Biotechnology/ Chemical/ Mechanical/ Electrical or M. Sc in Microbiology/ Physics and PG in Geology/ Geophysics with minimum 60% marks or equivalent. Jobs for B.Tech
Selection Procedure
Selection of the applicants will be on the basis of screening of CVs followed by Interview of short – listed applicants.

Read the eligibility criteria for NTPC Recruitment 2013
Qualification Required
Job seekers should possess Degree of CA / ICWA from recognised University. Students who expect their final result by 01.09.2013 may also apply. More Jobs for CA
Age Limit
Candidate’s maximum age limit should be 29 years as on 08.07.2013. Career Tips
Selection Process
Aspirants will be selected on the basis of “All India based Online Selection Test” ranking. And after that selected applicants will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.

Read the eligibility criteria for NLC Recruitment 2013
Educational Qualification
Candidates must have completed MBBS/B.E/B.Tech/Graduation or equivalent from any recognized university/ institution. For more details please see the official notification provide below.
Selection process
Selected candidates selection will be done on the performance of personnel interview.
26th July 2013, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

i have completed bsc it.. can i get jobs in psu sector??\
.... if yes then how????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?