2nd January 2017, 05:35 PM
kavunsha

Which wings of Army is best for 12th with Science holder? Eligibility criteria and educational qualification required for it?

Hello sir, I am studying in 12th with Science and want to join Indian Army. Please tell me which wings of Army is best for me? What is the eligibility criteria and educational qualification required for it?

4th January 2017, 12:17 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which wings of Army is best for 12th with Science holder? Eligibility criteria and educational qualification required for it?

To join Indian Army being a 12th standard Science stream student, you have to appear in National Defence Academy (NDA) examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Eligibility criteria and educational qualification required to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

=> You should be an Indian National.

=> You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a Government recognsied board.

=> You should be within 16.5 to 19.5 years of age and an Unmarried Male candidate.

=> You should be Physically as well as Mentally healthy.
5th January 2017, 11:19 AM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which wings of Army is best for 12th with Science holder? Eligibility criteria and educational qualification required for it?

As you are a 12th student you have to first clear this intermediate with minimum 55% marks.There are various post in Indian army where you can join and serve the nation.
Wing which suits you well , where you find yourself comfortable is only best for you.

I am mentioning all category and eligibility criteria
>> Soldier General (All arms)
A candidate of age between 17 to 21 can apply and 10+2 qualification with 45% percent.
>> Soldier (In Technical cadre)
A candidate of aged 17 to 23 years have qualified 10+2 where physics ,chemistry, maths and English must be a compulsory subject and must have gained minimum 45%.
>>Clerk or storekeeper
Candidate must have passed 10+2 in any stream with minimum 50% marks, where age limit ranges from 17 to 23 years.
>> Soldier nursing assistant
candidate must have passed 10+2 in science stream where Chemistry, Biology and English must be a compulsory subjects, age ranges from 17 to 21 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?