24th March 2012, 07:25 PM
simran joshi

In which year of B.Tech can I apply for GATE exam?

in which year of B.tech can i apply for GATE exam? ....plase tell me the date

13th April 2012, 09:12 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which year of B.Tech can I apply for GATE exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simran joshi View Post
in which year of B.tech can i apply for GATE exam? ....plase tell me the date

If you want to crack the GATE examination then you should have a completed graduate degree from a recognized University or equivalent qualification . GATE examination is conducted for admission to M.Tech course in the various IIT's in India . This year GATE examination was already completed and next notification will be publish in the month of Sept or Oct in the official website as well as employment news paper .

Eligibility Criteria :-
---------------------

You should have a completed your bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) of a recognized University or equivalent qualification OR

You should have a completed your bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma) of a recognized University or equivalent qualification OR

You should have a completed your baster's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications of a recognized University or equivalent qualification OR

You should have a completed in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.

Those who are appearing in the final year of degree course or awaiting in the examination results may also eligible to apply for GATE examination . But pre-final year of degree course may not eligible to apply .

There is no age limits for this examination and there is no minimum no.of attempts .

Syllabus of GATE :- Click here !!!

So , if you are pursing in the final year of degree or completed degree course can apply for GATE examination .

More details , Visit the official website :- Click here !!!
13th April 2012, 09:24 PM
r k sandal

u will apply for GATE exam in last semester (8 sem) of B.Tech .
13th April 2012, 09:32 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

GATE - GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING conducted by IIT for admission to M.Tech. course in IITs, NITs, BITS, etc. and for job opportunity in Public Sector undertakings.

In the 4th year i.e. final year of B.Tech. studies the candidate can appear for GATE.

Earlier the candidate while pursing his studies in 3rd year of B.Tech. can appear for GATE but from this year only one can appear for GATE in the final year of B.Tech. Engineering.

The candidate having either appear for the final B.Tech. exam or pass from a recognised University not bellow the age of 19 years can apply for GATE. There is no bar to the upper age of a candidate for application to GATE. There is also no bar to the number of attempts to GATE.

For more information you may log on to http://www.gate.iitk.ac.in
13th April 2012, 10:00 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
The candidates will be given admission for M.tech. This exam will be conducted once in a year.

Eligibility Criteria:
One should have complete graduation in engineering with any stream.

Candidate who are pursuing final year of graduation course in engineering can also apply for this exam.

Candidate who are pursuing pre final year of engineering course are not eligible to apply for this exam.

There is no age criteria to appear for this exam.

One can apply for this exam at any age if he fulfill the require academic criteria.

There is no limit of the number of attempts for GATE exam.

For more details visit the website
http://gate.ilsc.ernet.in/gate2012/index.php

All the best.
14th April 2012, 12:51 AM
swati deshwal

hello..,
you want to attend GATE exam ...so you can attend it in your 4th year.....n get ready for your exam..
for this purpose u should prefer gate exam books
n u also prepare from last years questions papers...
All the best..
14th April 2012, 01:04 AM
sky bhalodi

In your final year of graduation or after the graduation you can apply for the GATE exam . GATE exam is taken all over the india for getting the admission in good colleges like IIT OR NIT for pursuing their MTECH . You can give it in your final year . On the marks obtained in gate exam you will get the rank on that basis you will be get the admission .
14th April 2012, 10:37 AM
Ishita1505
Member+

Hello Dear,

Eligibility Criteria :-
---------------------

You should have a completed your bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) of a recognized University or equivalent qualification OR

You should have a completed your bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma) of a recognized University or equivalent qualification OR

You should have a completed your baster's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications of a recognized University or equivalent qualification OR

You should have a completed in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.

Those who are appearing in the final year of degree course or awaiting in the examination results may also eligible to apply for GATE examination . But pre-final year of degree course may not eligible to apply .

There is no age limits for this examination and there is no minimum no.of attempts

All The Best
14th April 2012, 10:41 AM
Ishita1505
Member+

Hello Dear,

There is no age limits for this examination and there is no minimum no.of attempts .

All The Best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?