9th April 2015, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in CDS exam without NCC certificate after completing B.Sc(Physics)?

Sir,
I am a B.Sc(Physics) third year student and
I want to give CDS exam but I do not
have a NCC certificate. Is there any chance for me?
Waiting for your reply.

13th April 2015, 06:39 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in CDS exam without NCC certificate after completing B.Sc(Physics)?

Yes of course, you are definitely eligible to apply for CDS examination without NCC certificate after completing B.Sc(Physics). Being a third year candidate may also apply for CDS Examination. CDS examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. CDS I exam has been completed on February. Next notification will be published in the month of July/August in the official website of UPSC.

Eligibility Criteria for CDS Exam:

Military Academy: Applicant should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized university. Applicant's age should be between 19-24 years. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible. Those who are pursuing in the final year of degree course are eligible to apply.

Naval Academy: Applicant should have completed B.Sc Physics or Mathematics from a recognized university. Applicant's age should be between 19-22 years. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible. Those who are pursuing in the final year of degree course are eligible to apply.

Air Force Academy: Applicant should have completed degree course with mathematics from a recognized university. Applicant's age should be between 19-23 years. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible. Those who are pursuing in the final year of degree course are eligible to apply.

Officer Training Academy: Applicant should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized university. Applicant's age should be between 19-25 years. Only unmarried male/female candidates are eligible. Those who are pursuing in the final year of degree course are eligible to apply.

More details, visit the official website: www.upsc.gov.in
13th April 2015, 09:05 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in CDS exam without NCC certificate after completing B.Sc(Physics)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am a B.Sc(Physics) third year student and
I want to give CDS exam but I do not
have a NCC certificate. Is there any chance for me?
Waiting for your reply.
Yes, you are eligible for CDS exam after completion of your graduation degree. NCC certificate doesn't require in CDS exam.

CDS stands for COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE.

The educational qualification and age criteria for CDS exam is given below-

To enter the Indian Military Academy you need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university and your age should be in between 19 to 23 years.

To enter the Air Force Academy you need to get a B.Sc degree with physics or mathematics or a bachelor's degree in engineering/technology and your age should be in between 19 to 23 years.

To enter the Naval Academy you need to have a B.E./B.Tech degree in engineering or technology or a bachelor's degree in science with physics or mathematics and your age should be in between 19 to 22 years.

To enter the Officer's Training Academy you need to complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university and your age should be in between 19 to 25 years.

Best books for CDS exam:-

Pathfinder CDS: Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination
by Sanjeev Jain, Amit Rastogi, Atul Sharma, Digvijay Singh, Preeti Gupta, Prashant Kumar, Balmukud Singh
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Combined Defence Services Examination: 10 Practice Sets
by Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications
14th April 2015, 11:39 AM
Ashwakh

Yes , you can attend for the CDS exam even though you are not having NCC certificate.

See to apply for the CDS exam , there is no such rule that the candidates who are holding NCC Certificate are onnly eligible for the exam . So , you can apply for the exam .

~ Generally , to apply for the exam , Graduation is the minimum qualification .

* Age shouldbe in between 19-22 years to join in Navy
* Age shouldbe in between 19-23 years to join in Airforce
* Age shouldbe in between 19-24 years to join in Army
* Age shouldbe in between 19-25 years to join in OTA
OTA = Officers training academy
* The candidate shouldbe an Unmarried candidate and shouldbe a citizen of India.

The exam will be conducted by upsc two times in every year.

Selection process:-
~~~~~~~~~~~

1) Written exam
2) SSB Interview
3) Medical test
14th April 2015, 03:44 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for CDS exam without NCC certificate as there is no need for NCC certificate to sit for CDS exam.

UPSC conducts CDS exam every year for recruitment in

Indian Military Academy

Indian Naval Academy

Indian Air Force Academy

Officer's Training Academy

The eligibility criteria for CDS(Combined Defense services) exam are as under:-

-The candidate has to clear CDS exam conducted by UPSC to get into Indian Army.

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The candidate should have passed graduation in any discipline for IMA and OTA,10+2 from a recognized board with Physics and Mathematics for IAF and B.E/B.Tech for Navy.

-For CDS exam,the age limit are following:-

Indian Military Academy- 19 years to 24 years

Indian Naval Academy-19 years to 22 years

Indian Air Force Academy-19 years to 23 years

Officer's Training Academy-19 years to 25 years

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards for admission to CDS exam.

-The exam process involves

*Written Exam

*Interview by Services Selection Board.
14th April 2015, 07:38 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Minimum eligibility conditions required to be eligible for CDS examination :

There are following academies for which candidates are recruited so you should have different eligibility for each of them :

IMA and OTA - Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy : Any degree from a recognized university or any other equivalent qualification.

Indian Naval Academy - Should have passed B.Sc with Physics & Mathematics or a degree in engineering discipline from a recognized university.

Indian Air Force Academy - Should have passed B.Sc with Physics and/ or mathematics or an engineering degree from a recognized university.

Age limit required to apply for Combined Defense Service Examination :

Between 19 and 24 years for Indian Military Academy.
Between 19 and 22 years for Indian Naval Academy.
Between 19 and 23 years for Indian Air Force Academy.
Between 19 and 25 years for Officers Training Academy.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for IMA, INA, IAF and both male and female candidates are eligible for OTA stream.

There is no particular NCC certificate is required to be eligible for CDS examination means you are 100% eligible for UPSC CDS examination.

Candidates those who are appearing for final year exam are also eligible to apply.

CDS examination is conducted twice a year and the spell of conducting examination is following :

Notification of Examination - August and March of the year.
Conduct of Examination - February and August of the year.

There are three papers conducted in this examination which are following :

General Knowledge - 100 marks.
General English Language - 100 marks.
General Mathematics - 100 marks.

Those candidates who prefers OTA - Officers Training Academy preference are not required to appear for mathematics paper they just need to qualify only two papers mentioned above.
15th April 2015, 04:21 PM
kunalroy89

Having NCC certificate is not mandatory for eligibility in CDS exam.
You are eligible without NCC certificate.
You can apply as you are in final year of graduation.
As you are pursuing B.Sc Physics so you are eligible for IMA,OTA & AFA. Only INA is not for you as they ask for degree in engineering.
For IMA you need to be of age 19-24years and graduate from any stream.
For OTA,graduation from any stream is eligible and age group 19-25 years.

For AFA, graduate in engineering or graduate in science with Physics or Maths. Age limit 19-23 years.

Check out website of UPSC to know more details at upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?