21st February 2015, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in UPSC exams if completed Bachelor of Fine Arts?

i have completed professional degree B.F.A(Bachelor of fine arts) from JNTU college of fine arts, hyderabad.

i have interested to write a upsc exams

please tell me, if i'm eligible???

thanx in advance.

22nd February 2015, 06:16 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in UPSC exams if completed Bachelor of Fine Arts?

Yes, you are eligible for the UPSC exam. UPSC conducts the examinations comprises of three sections Preliminary Examination which covers objective type questions, Mains which is subjective type questions and personal interview questions. You need to be a graduate in regular stream for being eligible for appearing in the Indian Administrative Service exams conducted by UPSC. You are eligible to fill the form provided the university is recognized by UGC.
7th April 2015, 04:02 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in UPSC exams if completed Bachelor of Fine Arts?

U.P.S.C. stands for union public service commission and it conducts different examinations at different levels of academics .

At 10+2 level , it conducts examinations like NDA examination and SCRA examination .

Where as at graduation level ,it held civil services examination and CDS examination .

Yes ,you are eligible for both the above U.P.S.C. exams based on your educational qualification as the required qualification for these examination is that student must have completed your bachelor degree course with any stream from a recognized university .

Some other qualification for these examination are here under :-

For both exam you must have the nationality of India .

For civil services examination , your age must be within 21 years to 30 years .Relaxation is provided as for government norms .

For CDS examination for the wing of Indian Military Academy ,your age must be within 19 years to 24 years .

For more information visit the official website of U.P.S.C. i.e; www.upsc.gov.in .
8th April 2015, 10:24 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

UPSC is a central government body which conducts various exams for civil services,engineering services,defense services and many more every year in India.
Being a graduate,you can apply for the Indian Administrative Services,CDS to get admission in Indian Army.
Beside being graduate,some other qualifications required for these exams are following:-
-The candidate must be an Indian.
-The candidate age limit to apply for the civil services exam is 21 years to 30 years for general category and there is relaxation in upper age limit for OBC by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST.
-For CDS exam,the age limit is 19 years to 24 years.There is no age relaxation for reserved category.
-The selection process for the exam are
Preliminary exam
Main exam
Personality Interview.
8th April 2015, 10:42 AM
poojasingh151

Yes ofcourse, you are eligible for UPSC Examination that is Union Public Service Commision in Bachelor of Fine Arts.
There are many examinations which are conducted by UPSC like NDA, CDS exams. You can also apply for IPS Exam(Indian Police Service).
Eligibility Criteria for IPS Exam:
Candidates should be eligible for appearing in IPS Exam.
Age Limit:
Candidates should be betweent 21 to 30 years for filling the Civil Service Examination.
Educational Qualification:
Candidates must possess Graduate Degree with any stream from any recognized university.
Candidates must have the Citizenship of India.
8th April 2015, 11:29 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

UPSC is a central government body which conducts various exams for civil services,engineering services,defense services and many more every year in India.

Being a graduate,you can apply for the Indian Administrative Services,CDS to get admission in Indian Army.

Beside being graduate,some other qualifications required for these exams are following:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate age limit to apply for the civil services exam is 21 years to 30 years for general category and there is relaxation in upper age limit for OBC by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST.

-For CDS exam,the age limit is 19 years to 24 years.There is no age relaxation for reserved category.

-The selection process for the exam are
Preliminary exam
Main exam
Personality Interview.
8th April 2015, 07:45 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

UPSC conduct open recruitment examination of all India Level for various posts such as - IAS - Indian Administrative Service, IPS - Indian Police Service, IRS - Indian Revenue Service, IFS - Indian Foreign Service etc. and these all posts are recruited through one examination only which is conducted in two stages which are :

Preliminary Examination and Mains Examination.

UPSC conducts Indian civil service examination for all these posts and requires only :

A degree in any discipline from a recognized university or minimum 03 or 04 years in duration.

No percentage marks are required to apply means just passing in bachelor's degree.

Your age should be minimum 21 years and maximum 32 years and relaxation in upper age as per government rules which is 35 years for OBC and 37 years for SC/ST candidates.

If you complete a bachelor's degree in Fine Arts then you will be eligible to apply for this exam because any degree means any bachelor's degree - BBA/ BCA/ B.Com/ BSc/ B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Arch/ BFA/ BBM etc. so you are eligible.

Selection procedure in UPSC IAS examination :

Preliminary examination : Two papers conducted for 400 marks and qualifying in prelims is compulsory to be eligible for mains exam.

Mains examination : Conventional type papers are conducted in this examination and passing in each paper is necessary then only candidates are called for interview process.

Interview Process/ Personality Test : All those candidates are called to appear for interview who successfully qualifies mains exam and if a candidate gets qualified in interview then he/she is selected for the post as per his/her preference.

To prepare well for this examination, candidates should go to any good coaching center because as far as the knowledge is concerned, coaching is must for such big level exams and if you get guidance from starting of the preparation then candidates may easily qualify this examination so find a better institute and start preparation.
8th April 2015, 11:04 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Dear any candidate who have completed their graduation can eligible to apply for the various exams under UPSC. In general UPSC gives the lot of notifications according to the requirement of employees.

UPSC is the Organization which conducts the examinations in the different fields like in Defence sector, Police department , Engineering Services, Railways , Social welfare exams like Civil's , and many other.

For most of the posts you need to complete graduation from the recognized university . There is No requirement of percentage for the exams conducted by UPSC.

Age should be in between 21 to 30 years and there is a age relaxation for the reserved candidates.

Among all the exams Civils is the exam in the top level. So you are eligible to apply for the UPSC exams with your qualification.
9th April 2015, 09:57 PM
kunalroy89

If you want to appear for UPSC Civil services exam,you are eligible for it .
One can appear in Civil Services exam if they are Graduate regardless of their stream or subject of Graduation but from a UGC recognised University and marks obtained.
Your age limit should be 21-30years.
As your B.F.A is a valid Bachelors degree you would be eligible to appear for Civil Services exam.The forms for Civil services will be out around May so keep checking the website of UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in
19th May 2019, 08:40 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I have completed BVA degree i.e Bchelor of visual arts, whether I'm eligible to apply for civil service and ssc exams
25th June 2020, 01:49 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to appear in UPSC exams if completed Bachelor of Performing Arts
14th August 2020, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to write IAS Exm , if completed B. Voc
16th August 2020, 11:47 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Arrow Re: Am I eligible to appear in UPSC exams if completed Bachelor of Fine Arts?

Yes, you are eligible for UPSC Examination that is Union Public Service Commision in Bachelor of Fine Arts. There are many examinations which are conducted by UPSC like NDA, CDS exams. You can also apply for IPS Exam(Indian Police Service)
21st August 2022, 08:21 AM
Unregistered

am i eligible to appear in the UPSC exam with Bachelor of fine arts course?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?