27th September 2015, 10:22 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for civil government job while serving for Army?

Am I eligible to apply for civil government job while serving for Army? What would be the procedure which I need to follow for the same? Can you tell me all the possible information which I need to know for the same? Awaiting for the answer.

30th September 2015, 11:32 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for civil government job while serving for Army?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to apply for civil government job while serving for Army? What would be the procedure which I need to follow for the same? Can you tell me all the possible information which I need to know for the same? Awaiting for the answer.
Yeah you can join in in Civil posts such as IAS, IPS or IFS being a Army service person. To join in Civil you need to apply for the Civil services exam conducted by UPSC and is held every year. There are eligibility conditions which you need to satisfy in order to apply for the posts and they are:

# Candidate should have a citizenship in India

# Age limit needed is 21-30 years for general category and for SC/ST it is 5 years and for OBC it is 3 years. There are also relaxation for Ex-service men.

# Regarding the educational qualification candidate need to have completed a degree from a recognized university in any stream.

# Apart from all these candidate need to be physically fit in order to apply for the IPS post.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the Civil services. Candidates are selected through 3 stages:
  1. Preliminary Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Interview

To know more about the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st October 2015, 12:56 AM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for civil government job while serving for Army?

Yes of course you are eligible to apply for Civil Services Examination when you satisfy the eligibility criteria of Civil's Examination. Being a Ex service men you have age relaxation as per government norms.

For the Examination of Civil Services you should have age in between 21 to 30 years as per the UPSC rules. Since UPSC is the organization conducts Civil Services Examination once in every year.

And to know the more details about the eligibility criteria you need to have a look on the below information.

You must complete at least graduation or any equivalent examination from the recognized University.

There is No requirement of percentage for Civil Service Examination.

You should have age in between 21 to 30 years.

For Ex service men there is a Age relaxation about 3 years. Upper age limit will be 33 years for you.

You must submit the Original documents and proofs at the Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?