12th July 2016, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get a government job at the age of 40 years?

I am 39 yrs stepping to40 this dec, MBA 15yrs exp in Tally ERP9, will I get Job? in government sector? What are the jobs which I can apply in government sector? Can you please provide me the details on the same soon? Thank you!

12th July 2016, 03:11 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to get a government job at the age of 40 years?

No, you can not apply for the government jobs especially for central government jobs but you may apply for state government jobs but from your home state. Minimum age to apply is 21 years & maximum age is 30 years for most of the government jobs. There are age relaxation applicable for reserved category.

If you fall under SC/ST category you will get age relaxation of 5 yeas.
If you fall under OBC category you will get age relaxation of 3 yeas.

There are age relaxation for PWD candidates also. I have attached government exam notifications for bank & UPSC for your reference.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SBI Cleark Notification 2016.pdf(575.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: pdf IBPS CWE Clerk Avt.pdf(257.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: pdf IBPS CWE_PO_V_Detailed_Advt.pdf(228.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: pdf UPSC Civil Service 2016.pdf(653.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: pdf BPCL 1.pdf(599.6 KB, 16 views)
12th July 2016, 10:44 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

There is government job entrance exam for which upper age limit is 40 years even adding upper age relaxations given to reserved category candidates. Only one examination is there called National Eligibility Test for Lectureship for which there is no upper age limit. NET is conducted for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship.

The academic qualification required for NET examination is master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. The minimum percentage of marks required in master's degree to apply for NET exam is 55%. You can apply for NET exam after MBA but you should have at least 55% marks. Once you clear this exam, you can apply for lectureship in government colleges.
12th July 2016, 10:57 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can not apply for any government job exams at age of 40 years. The upper age limit for some government job entrance exams are:

1. Civil Services examination: For open category candidates, it is 32 years and for OBC and SC/ST candidate, it is 35 and 37 years with age relaxation.

2. Banking job exams: 30 years.

3. SSC CGL exam: 27 years.

Hence, there is no possibility to get any job in government sector at 40 years of age.
13th July 2016, 08:04 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

With 40 years of age it is very difficult to get a government job until you belong to any special category like Ex-servicemen and physically handicapped.

There are option for lecturer job in government colleges through UGC NET lectureship. On the basis of MBA you can go for it if you have interest.
13th July 2016, 08:07 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 39 yrs stepping to40 this dec, MBA 15yrs exp in Tally ERP9, will I get Job? in government sector? What are the jobs which I can apply in government sector? Can you please provide me the details on the same soon? Thank you!
As per your age criteria, you can apply only School Service Commission exam.

If you have completed bachelor degree from a recognized university, then you are eligible for School Service Commission exam. Only Indian citizenship candidate are eligible for this exam. B.Ed degree is essential for this course.

Your age should be in between 20 to 40 years. Age relaxation is provided for reserved category candidates.
OBC—3 years
SC/ST— 5 years
PH—10 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?