13th December 2015, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for government bank jobs being a Diploma student of Civil Engineering stream?

Hello sir, I have done 10th with 55% and then diploma in civil engineering with 67%. I want to know if i am eligible for government bank jobs?

13th December 2015, 03:26 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for government bank jobs being a Diploma student of Civil Engineering stream?

Yes, there are government job opportunities available for Diploma in Civil Engineering candidates. There are companies which recruit "Diploma in Civil Engineering" Candidates and companies are given below. Several companies recruit "Diploma Candidates" are,
>> NHPC
>> Tyre Corporation of India
>> National Highway Authority of India (NHAI)
>> State Public Work Department (SPWD)
>> BBQ Consultancy Company Limited
>> Sambhar Salts Limited
>> Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
>> Cement Corporation of India Limited
>> BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited)
>> Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)
>> Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited
>> NTPC Limited

But remember, there are less number of job opportunities available for Diploma Candidates. So I suggest you to do B.Tech/ B.E in order get more number of job opportunities.
13th December 2015, 05:58 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for government bank jobs being a Diploma student of Civil Engineering stream?

Having completed in diploma in civil engineering you are not eligible for any bank jobs at this stage but once you complete your graduation degree course you will be eligible for the same on the basis of your educational qualification.

Basically in banking sector the recruitment of bank clerks and bank probationary officer are done on mass basis and for the same one needs to clear their respective entrance examination such as IBPS bank examination or SBI bank examination.

Also for appearing in the same examination for the above mentioned posts you need to have the qualifications mentioned below :-

* You must have the citizenship of India.

* Your age must be within 20 years to 28 years for the post of bank clerk where as it must be within 21 years to 30 years for the post of bank probationary officer. Further there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have either completed your graduation degree course or must be in the final year of same degree course with any discipline of your choice from a recognized institute.

* You must have good communication skills along with knowledge of operating computer as the banking works are fully computer based.

For further details about the same examinations you can log on to their respective official link which are www.ibps.in and www.sbiexam.in.
13th December 2015, 07:29 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Sorry you are not eligible to apply for Government banks not even private bank jobs also. Truly speaking if you want to apply for " Government Banks " you should have minimum graduation from the recognized university.

Otherwise you are not eligible to apply for PSB's. One more thing I want to share with you with Diploma you don't have eligibility for " Any of PSB's " .

So my best suggestion is to first complete at least graduation degree like B.E/B.Tech. Then you will get eligibility for Bank Exams.
13th December 2015, 08:43 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible for Clerk post jobs in bank as per your educational qualification. To join as Clerk candidates need to qualify in entrance examination conducted for recruitment.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidates must have passed graduation from a recognised university.

Candidates age must be between 19-28 years and relaxation in upper age limit for OBC and SC/ST candidates.

But, as you have only diploma degree so you cannot appear for examination. The examination is conducted in various stages and candidates need to qualify in written and interview both for final selection.

For other information about examination details visit at http://www.ibps.in.
13th December 2015, 11:55 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I have done 10th with 55% and then diploma in civil engineering with 67%. I want to know if i am eligible for government bank jobs?
Yes you are eligible for the job in Reserve Bank of India for the post of Junior Engineer (Civil).
The eligibility will be Diploma in Civil Engineering from the recognised university with 65 % marks.
The age criteria are 20 to 30.
The candidate has to check the notifications from other government banks also.
13th December 2015, 11:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, being a diploma candidate, you are not eligible for government bank exam.

If you have completed graduation degree from recognized university then you are eligible for bank clerk exam.

Your age should be in between 18 to 28 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?