13th December 2015, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for clerical job post in SBI with BA graduation?

I am a graduate (BA) from IGNOU. I am aspiring for the clerical job post in State Bank of India. So tell me if i am eligible for clerical post in SBI?

13th December 2015, 04:03 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for clerical job post in SBI with BA graduation?

Yes, you are of course eligible to apply for Clerical Cadre post with BA qualification. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for Clerical Cadre post in State Bank of India is "Graduate Degree" from a recognized university. No problem, IGNOU (Indira Gandhi Nation Open University) is a recognized university you do not need to worry about this. Since IGNOU is a recognized university, I am sure you are certainly eligible to apply for State Bank of India Clerical Cadre Recruitment Examination. State Bank of India is going to release new official notification in January or February of 2016. So it is good opportunity for you to get a job in State Bank Of India..So Start a strong preparation first and you can apply for those recruitment when SBI releases in year 2016.
13th December 2015, 06:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, BA is absolutely fine for SBI clerical examination. In fact any graduate from a recognized university can apply for SBI Clerical exam. IGNOU is a recognized university, so don't worry about anything.

Selection will be based on the performance in the written exam and interview. Just make sure that your age is between 18 to 28 years if you are a general candidate.
13th December 2015, 06:41 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for SBI clerk exam on the condition you satisfy eligibility criteria required for the same.

The eligibility criteria for SBI clerk exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate must have passed 12th class with minimum 60%(55% for OBC and 50% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate alongwith computer diploma.

-The candidate age limit should be in between 18 years to 28 years for general category candidate. The upper age limit is relaxed for OBC candidate by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidate.
13th December 2015, 07:24 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are absolutely eligible to apply for clerical job in SBI with your qualification. To apply for Clerical jobs in SBI you need to have some requirements which is going to present below.

>> You should complete at least graduation from the recognized university with minimum percentage of marks.

>> Age should be in between 21 to 28 years and there is age relaxation allowed for reserved candidates.

>> Final year candidates of graduation are also eligible for SBI Clerk
13th December 2015, 09:56 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a graduate (BA) from IGNOU. I am aspiring for the clerical job post in State Bank of India. So tell me if i am eligible for clerical post in SBI?
SBI conducts the clerical job exam as like any other banks for the post of clerk and there are eligibility criteria's which you need to satisfy in order to apply for it and they include:
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Educational qualification

# Candidate appearing for the exam should have citizenship in India.

# Age limit needed is 21-28 years for general category candidates and there are relaxation for other category candidates such as for SC/ST it is 5 years extra and for OBC it is 3 years extra.

# Educational qualification needed is, candidate should have passed +2 from a recognized school board of education with at least 60% aggregate and there are relaxation for SC/ST and OBC category candidate as they need to have 50% aggregate.

You are satisfying the educational qualification needed for the post, check whether you satisfy the other criteria's.

Candidates are selected through 2 stages:
  • Written Test
  • Interview

For more information regarding the exam check at http://www.sbi.co.in
13th December 2015, 10:03 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

State Bank of India conducts its own entrance exam for recruitment of candidates as Clerk and Probationary officer posts.

The academic qualification for entrance exam of clerical post is graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for exam.

The age limit for exam of Clerk is 20-28 years. Upper age relaxation of three years to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.

You can apply for coming exam in 2016 as you have done bachelor's degree in arts from IGNOU.
13th December 2015, 11:06 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for examination and after qualifying in it eligible for recruitment as Clerk jobs in SBI.

As, you have passed graduation from a recognised university you can appear for examination. Age limitation to appear for examination is 20-28 years for general category students.

The application for next year examination will be expected to be released in month of July. For further updates about examination visit at www.sbi.co.in.
13th December 2015, 11:55 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:

Yes you are eligible for Clerical post in SBI with BA graduation.
The eligibility for the SBI Clerical post is a pass in graduation like BA or BSC or BCom etc.
The maximum age limit is 28 years (for OBC +3 years and SC/ST +5 years).

You have to appear for written examination.
If you clear the examination then there will be interviews for the selection.
13th December 2015, 11:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes, you are eligible for clerical post in SBI.

Those candidates who have completed your graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for SBI clerk exam.

Age criteria:-

18 to 28 years(SBI clerk)

Age relaxation -

SC/ST – 5 Years
OBC-3 Years
People with disability (PWD) –Gen- 10 years
PWD-SC/ST -15 years
PWD-OBC-13 Years

List of the books for SBI clerk exam:-

SBI Bank Clerical Grade Recruitment Exam Guide
by
Primary
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd (2009)

SBI—Clerical Staff—Previous Papers & Practice Papers (Solved)
by
Editorialrph Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House (2010)

SBI Clerical Staff Recruitment Exam
by
R. Gupta's
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House (2011)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?