23rd July 2016, 02:45 PM
hamza Alam

Am I not eligible to become a District Magistrate being a Commerce student?

I want to become a District Magistrate. I am studying 12th with Commerce stream. And I have heard that only Science students can become a District Magistrate in future. So, I am not eligible to become a District Magistrate?

25th July 2016, 12:22 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I not eligible to become a District Magistrate being a Commerce student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamza Alam View Post
I want to become a District Magistrate. I am studying 12th with Commerce stream. And I have heard that only Science students can become a District Magistrate in future. So, I am not eligible to become a District Magistrate?

The candidates who studied Law Graduation course and must have enrolled as an advocate & membership with State Bar Council are eligible for the Magistrate post. The age of the candidate should be between 21 to 35 years. The candidate must appear and qualify in the examination conducted by the Law Service Commission. So a commerce student can also complete LLB and apply for the law service commission examination. The Law graduation is important here not the commerce or science stream.
25th July 2016, 03:53 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I not eligible to become a District Magistrate being a Commerce student?

You are eligible to become a District Magistrate even being a Commerce student; there is no restriction on stream selection to appear for UPSC Civil Services exam.

One needs to clear UPSC Civil Services exam for IAS to become a District Magistrate. An IAS officer after one or two promotions become DM of a district.

Eligibility criteria :-

- The candidate should have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university .

- The candidate should have citizenship of India.

- The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 32 years for general category.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

Selection Criteria :

*Preliminary Exam

*Main exam

*Personality Interview.
25th July 2016, 08:53 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can't become a district magistrate straight away. You have to first complete degree qualification which will be required for civil services exam. You have to join as an IAS officer first.

Only 12th commerce is not enough and you must complete degree first. Cracking IAS exam will help you to get the initial position in Indian Administrative Services. With experience you can rise to the position if DM.
25th July 2016, 09:12 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very much eligible to become a District Magistrate being a Commerce student. But for that you should have CCC level of proficiency in Computer from NIELIT or from any other authorized Institute. You should also have a minimum of 2 years of experience in IT sector(preferable).

Candidates are basically selected on the basis of Interview, there is no examination conducted for this post.
26th July 2016, 12:40 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
No, it is not true any stream candidates are eligible to become a District Magistrate. To become a District Magistrate you need to appear and qualify in the Civil Service examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every twice in a year. You need to be an Graduate holder to be eligible for Civil Service examination. So, please study and try score good marks in 12th board examination. It is better that you can start prepare for Civil Service along with your general studies.
26th July 2016, 12:46 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
No, it is not true any stream candidates are eligible to become a District Magistrate. To become a District Magistrate you need to appear and qualify in the Civil Service examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every twice in a year. You need to be an Graduate holder to be eligible for Civil Service examination. So, please study and try score good marks in 12th board examination. It is better that you can start prepare for Civil Service along with your general studies.
14th April 2018, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

I am in class 12 commerce stream. And I want to become a District Magistrate. So what can I do for it,and what subject I must choose in graduation,And also which Exam I must qualified to become a District Magistrate.
12th February 2021, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

I am in class 12 commerce stream. And I want to become a District Magistrate. So what can I do for it,and what subject I must choose in graduation,And also which Exam I must qualified to become a District Magistrate http://entrance-exam.net/forum/government-jobs/am-i-not-eligible-become-district-magistrate-being-commerce-student-2074369.html
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?