26th July 2015, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

Is B.ed compulsory to be a lecturer in college?

I have compleated my m.sc, as far as i know for being lecturer in colleges i should pass net/set.. then a interview.. i want to know is b.ed is necessary for being lecturer in colleges in india, or in any state p.s.c???????????

26th July 2015, 01:56 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is B.ed compulsory to be a lecturer in college?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have compleated my m.sc, as far as i know for being lecturer in colleges i should pass net/set.. then a interview.. i want to know is b.ed is necessary for being lecturer in colleges in india, or in any state p.s.c???????????
No, B.Ed is not necessary to be a lecturer in college. You can apply for higher secondary school jobs through your B.Ed degree.

Became a lecturer you must completed M.Sc degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university. Also you must qualify in UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted twice time in year by UGC.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Age criteria for NET exam:-

For JRF Post :-Your age should be below 28 years.

For Lectureship Post :-There is no age criteria.
26th July 2015, 03:33 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is B.ed compulsory to be a lecturer in college?

No, bachelor of education is not compulsory for becoming lecturer in any government college or in any state Public Service Commission.

So as to become lecturer in any government college, you need to clear National Eligibility Test and then the interview conducted by the institute.

Eligibility criteria for the NET:

>>Master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university with minimum of 55% marks in master's degree for OBC and general candidates. 5% relaxation in marks for SC/ST candidates.

You can apply for the NET exam if you satisfy the eligibility criteria at the official website of UGC NET www.ugcnetonline.in. It is conducted in the month of June and December every year by UGC.

There is no upper age limit for the lectureship post. For Junior Research Fellowship, it is 28 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?