14th December 2012, 01:08 AM
vipul539

What are the options available after B.Tech? I am a 4th year student of electronics and instrumentation engineering

i am a 4th year student of electronics and instrumentation engineering department.my cgpa in b.tech are 6.83.please suggest me for choosing a right and good carrier after b.tech.what i can do get a good job?

Related Questions:
  1. Can 4th year B.Tech(Electronics & Instrumentation) student apply for NTPI?
  2. List of the electronic companies in Bangalore? I am a 3rd year B.Tech electronics and instrumentation student
  3. Will I get a job by doing automation course? I am electronics and instrumentation B.Tech student
  4. How may I get IES Syllabus for Electronics and instrumentation engineering? I've done B.Tech(Electronics and instrumentation)
  5. Which paper of GATE should a Electronics and Instrumentation student appear?
  6. How to pursue B.Tech in electronics and instrumentation engineering?
  7. Can a B.Tech Electronics and Instrumentation engineering student do B.Arch?
  8. JNTU B.Tech in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering 1st Sem Industrial Instrumentation Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  9. How to do M.Tech in VLSI engineering after electronics and instrumentation?
  10. Am i eligible for PSU exam after scoring below 60%? I am a student of B.Tech 4th year from electronics and communication branch
  11. Best books to be referred for PSU? I am a B.Tech Electronics and Instrumentation student
  12. Scope of Electronics and Instrumentation course? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How to apply for various Core Companies being a candidate of 4th year of B.Tech in Electronics & Instrumentation?
  14. Names of the universities through which I can complete my B.Tech in Haryana? I have passed diploma in Mechanical
  15. What subjects should a B.Tech Instrumentation and Electronics Engineering student choose for PSU exam? How to prepare for it and which are the coaching institutes?
  16. Am I eligible to apply for JTO? I am doing B.Tech in electronics and instrumentation engineering
  17. What procedure should I follow to do Project in ISRO being a candidate pursuing B.Tech in Applied Electronics and Instrumentation?
  18. How should I prepare for civils? I am pursuing B.Tech 4th year in electrical and electronics engineering -- [New]
14th December 2012, 01:01 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: What are the options available after B.Tech? I am a 4th year student of electronics and instrumentation engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul539 View Post
i am a 4th year student of electronics and instrumentation engineering department.my cgpa in b.tech are 6.83.please suggest me for choosing a right and good carrier after b.tech.what i can do get a good job?
Dear,

B.tech earlier was considered to be an engineer's degree and everyone after B.tech go in this field only as it was safe and highly paid. It is even today but because of thousands of private colleges opened in every city the quality of B.tech education has lowered down. Now B.tech is just a degree and its not necessary to become only an engineer after completing your B.tech.

You have following options for you:
  1. Banking jobs
  2. PSU jobs
  3. Private jobs
  4. Civil services
  5. M.tech
  6. MBA

BANKING JOBS:
After completing your B.tech you can sit for banking sector exams like CWE AND IBPS. There are many vacancies in PSU banks. You can get either clerical post or post of probationary officer. This exam is simple for a B.tech graduate as their analytical skill and aptitude is good. You just need to work on General knowledge part.

PSU JOBS
You can sit for PSU exams which is conducted by each PSU according to their requirement in the month of June to November. Many PSUs recruit through GATE scores as well so you can write GATE exam. But for that you need to get a rank under 300 in GATE.

PRIVATE JOBS
Many private companies recruit instrumental engineering students and some IT companies like infosys, TCS etc recruit students from any branch. So you can try in them either through campus recruitment or you can search jobs from job portals.

CIVIL SERVICES
You can also write civil services exam for posts like IAS and PCS. B.tech students mostly perform well in these exams.

M.tech
You can even go for M.tech after B.tech after which you can have many options either for teaching or job. For taking admission in reputed engineering colleges for this course you need to qualify GATE.

MBA
Many B.tech students go for MBA after B.tech for better job options and improved salary. If you want to go for it i will suggest you to take 2-3 year experience before it. For taking admission in tops B-schools you need to qualify CAT,MAT ,XAT etc.

All the best!
14th December 2012, 07:50 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What are the options available after B.Tech? I am a 4th year student of electronics and instrumentation engineering

After completing your B.TECH in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering you will be eligible to get jobs in both government and private sectors.

But for getting jobs in government sectors your eligibility should be :-

>>Your minimum age should be 18 years(In certain cases it will require 21 years).
>>Your age should not be above 28.
>>Your must be passed out in your Engineering.
>>Your CGPA should be 6.0

For getting jobs in companies like Maharatnas and Navratnas you will required the following eligibility:-

>>Your minimum age should be 21 years.
>>Your minimum CGPA should be 7.5.
>>Your overall percentage in class 10 and class 12 should be 60%.
>>For certaing projects your age should not be above 32/35 years.

As till now you have not completed your Final year Exam , so from Now onwards you should work Hard in order to get CGPA 7.0

From Now Onwarsd you should not start preparation for your Placement .
The format of placement Exam is same as Government exams .
Thus you will able to get good marks in Government exams if you will appear.

From My Opinion You should focus on GATE exam.
After getting pass in GATE Exam you will able to get jobs in Navaratnas/Maharatnas companies.

Some of these companies are:-

>>GAIL.
>>BHEL.
>>BEL.
>>CCL.
>>IOCL.
>>HPCL.
>>HMT.
etc

The list of government in which you can appear are:-

>>IBPS (for IT Officer,PO).
>>SSC UDC(For sales tax,Income tax officer).
>>CDS.
>>UPSC.
>>Indian Railways.
>>Indian Army.
>>Indian Navy.
>>Indian Air-Force.
>>DRDO
etc

14th December 2012, 09:13 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the options available after B.Tech? I am a 4th year student of electronics and instrumentation engineering

Hi dear..........

Instrumentation engineering is specialized branch of electrical and electronic engineering, which focuses on the principle, and operation of measuring instruments, which are used in design and configuration of automated systems.These engineers work for industries with automated processes, such as chemical or manufacturing plants, with the goal of improving system productivity, reliability, safety, optimization and stability.

They are also required by the Heavy industries such as Thermal Power Stations, Steel Plants, Refineries, and Cement and Fertilizer Plants.One may choose to move sideways into other career areas either within or outside their industry. This might include areas such as purchasing, sales, marketing, finance, HR, IT or general management

You can appear for Govt. jobs in Banking sectors , RRB , UPSC etc.....

Good luck........
14th December 2012, 09:47 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

After completing B.Tech you will be having lots of options of going for higher studies or else going for a job.

In case of search of a job you will be having great opportunities in case of public and private sectors.

As you are in 4th year now I suggest you to concentrate more on the academics as if you have good percentage then you will be eligible to almost all kinds of jobs.

Candidates having good percentage are given priority in selection of job.

If you are not interested in doing a job then you can go for your higher studies for either MBA or M.Tech.

Any of the higher studies for you will be good for your career.

Thank you,

All the best.
23rd August 2013, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

it is true that nowdays level of btech has decreased.but still what is the expectation of a company from a btech student during recruiting? what should i do for getting a engineering job?
27th September 2013, 01:35 AM
Unregistered

I am a btech 4th year electrical and electronics student.which all jobs i can apply for now.
28th September 2013, 11:55 AM
JUNIORAKKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul539 View Post
There are several career opportunities after B.Tech as you can go for the further higher studies or can also go for job. This is to be yours decision at last.
For more interesting options and their details about the career option after B.Tech,you may search Career Opportunities after B.Tech on www.blog.oureducation.in
Source(s):

http://blog.oureducation.in/career-opportunities-after-b-tech/
28th September 2013, 12:16 PM
shah.meet92

After b.tech you have to go for M.tech. or many job also available for b.tech students.
You have following options to do after b.tech..for job..
1. Banking jobs
2. PSU jobs
3. Private jobs
4. Civil services
5. M.tech
6. MBA...

all the best..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?