22nd December 2014, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in Indian Engineering Service exam for B.Tech(ECE) final semester student?

Hello
I am in final semester of my B.Tech
engineering in the stream of
electronics and communication.
am I eligible for INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE (IES) EXAM?

Related Questions:
23rd December 2014, 03:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in Indian Engineering Service exam for B.Tech(ECE) final semester student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
I am in final semester of my B.Tech
engineering in the stream of
electronics and communication.
am I eligible for INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE (IES) EXAM?
You are in B.Tech final year of ECE department so you are eligible for INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE exam.

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service Examination. This examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

If you have completed B-Tech/BE degree from recognized university then you are eligible for IES exam .

OR

If you have completed M.Sc degree in Physics, Radio Physics then you are eligible for IES exam.

Subject of Written exam :-

Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

The applicant age should be in between 21 yrs to 30 years.
23rd December 2014, 05:07 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in Indian Engineering Service exam for B.Tech(ECE) final semester student?

To be eligible to appear for Indian Engineering Services examination, you must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent in Engineering from a recognised university. You cannot appear for IES examination when you are in final year of your graduation degree. So, to appear for IES examination, you must have to complete your Graduation degree from a recognised university.

Eligibility Criteria for IES Examination :-

1. Nationality :-
You must be a citizen of India.

2. Educational Qualification :-
You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent in Engineering from a recognised university.

3. Age Limit :-
You must be in between 21 to 30 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

After completion of your B.Tech in Electronics and Communication engineering, you can appear for IES examination by satisfying the eligibility criteria mentioned above.

Important Dates for IES 2015 examination :-
--> Date of Notification :- 07-02-2015
--> Last Date for Receipt of Applications :- 06-03-2015
--> Date of Commencement of Exam :- 23-05-2015. Duration of IES exam is 3 days from the commencement of exam starting date.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?