22nd September 2015, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in CDS exam being a B.Tech(ECE) final semester female candidate?

Hello,
I am pursuing B.Tech(ECE) in final semester. I am a female candidate. I have a desire to give CDS entrance exam and join Defence. Can I give CDS exam?

1st October 2015, 09:22 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in CDS exam being a B.Tech(ECE) final semester female candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am pursuing B.Tech(ECE) in final semester. I am a female candidate. I have a desire to give CDS entrance exam and join Defence. Can I give CDS exam?
Yes, you can appear for CDS exam being a B.Tech(ECE) final semester female candidate.

CDS stands for COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE.

The educational qualification and age criteria for CDS exam is given below-

To enter the Indian Military Academy you need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university and your age should be in between 19 to 23 years.

To enter the Air Force Academy you need to get a B.Sc degree with physics or mathematics or a bachelor's degree in engineering/technology and your age should be in between 19 to 23 years.

To enter the Naval Academy you need to have a B.E./B.Tech degree in engineering or technology or a bachelor's degree in science with physics or mathematics and your age should be in between 19 to 22 years.

To enter the Officer's Training Academy you need to complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university and your age should be in between 19 to 25 year
2nd December 2017, 10:51 AM
nishanth60

Default Re: Can I appear in CDS exam being a B.Tech(ECE) final semester female candidate?

Hi Friend
#CDS examination is conducted by UPSC to recruit the candidates for Indian Military Academy(IMA), Indian Navel Academy(INA), AirForce Academy and Officers Training Academy(OTA).
#The minimum educational qualification required to apply for IMA is GRADUATION in discipline & for INA is GRADUATION IN ENGINEERING & for AFA is Degree with physics and mathematics at 12 th standard or Degree in Engineering. And final year students also eligible to apply for CDS examination.
#As you are studying final year of B.TECH ECE, You are definitely eligible to apply for CDS Officers Training Academy(OTA).And the age limit to apply for OTA is 19-25 years.
#And the selection procedure of CDS examination is written test,personal interview followed by documents verification and medical fitness test.
#For further details please visit www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?