16th October 2012, 01:24 AM
Unregistered

How to join Army as an officer while studying in DU?

hii i m neelam studying in du i hv ncc and i wnt join army as an officer whole soo plz help me as soon as

26th April 2015, 12:30 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Army as an officer while studying in DU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hii i m neelam studying in du i hv ncc and i wnt join army as an officer whole soo plz help me as soon as
The best option or gateway for you to enter into Indian Army as an officer after bachelor's degree from Delhi University will be through Combined Defense Services examination.

Combined defense services is held twice every year by the Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility Criteria:

For Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training Academy: Degree of a recognized university of equivalent.

For Naval Academy: B.Sc with Physics and Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.

For Airforce Academy: B.Sc with Physics or Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.

Even a candidate appearing in final semester or final year of bachelor' s degree can also apply for the exam.

Age criteria:

Indian Military Academy: 19-24 years.

Indian Naval Academy: 19-22 years.

Airforce Academy: 19-23 years

Officer's Training academy: 19-25 years.

Both unmarried male and female candidates can apply for the examination.

CDS has two stages:

1. Written test.

2. Service Selection Board exam.

So prepare for both the stages and crack the exam to become Army Officer.

For any more details about CDS, click here .
27th April 2015, 09:42 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Hey Neelam,

Nice to see that you are interested in joining the Indian Army as an officer to serve our nation after completion of your Bachelor`s degree from DU.

Well for doing this, you need to appear in the Combined Defense Services Examination.

The Combined Defense Services Exam is held twice every year by the Union Public Service Commission [UPSC].

Through Combined Defense Services Examination, you can join any of the following academies as an officer :

1) Indian Naval Academy
2) Indian Militant Academy
3) Officers Training Academy
4) Indian Airforce Academy

As you wanna join Indian Army, so you need to join the Indian Militant
27th April 2015, 09:48 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Hey Neelam,

Nice to see that you are interested in joining the Indian Army as an officer to serve our nation after completion of your Bachelor`s degree from DU.

Well for doing this, you need to appear in the Combined Defense Services Examination.

The Combined Defense Services Exam is held twice every year by the Union Public Service Commission [UPSC].

Through Combined Defense Services Examination, you can join any of the following academies as an officer :

1) Indian Naval Academy
2) Indian Militant Academy
3) Officers Training Academy
4) Indian Airforce Academy

As you wanna join Indian Army, so you need to join the Indian Militant Academy.

Below I have mentioned the pre-requisites of the Combined Defense Services Examination :

Eligibility Criteria :

a) You must have got a bachelors degree in any stream from any UGC recognized university.

b) Your age must lie in between 19-24 yrs.

c) No Relaxation in age is given to any kinda candidates whether Girls or those belonging to SC/ST/OBC.

d) You must be an Indian Citizen.

e) You must be unmarried.

f) You should be physically and mentally sound.

This is the information I have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.

Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?