20th June 2016, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for getting Government job after completion of B.Tech with Civil branch?

Hello sir,
I have completed B.Tech with Civil branch and now want to do a Government job. Please guide me how to prepare for Government job after completion of B.Tech Civil Engineering as a fresher?

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do to get a job in IT sector after completion of B.Tech in Civil Branch?
  2. How should I prepare for government job after completion of Civil engineering?
  3. What are the preparations required to get Government job after completion of Diploma in Civil?
  4. What should we do after completion of B.Tech Civil engineering to get a government job in future? -- [New]
  5. Is it easy to find a job in core companies for a girl? Should I prefer such kind of job? What would be career growth prospect?
  6. What should be preparation which I need to get the government job after completion of B.Tech Civil Engineering?
  7. Which branch is the best between Civil and ECE branch for government job?
  8. How to prepare for government job in civil engineering?
  9. How to do government job after my B.Tech EEE? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Can I get a government job after completion of B.TEch in Civil Engineering?
  11. What are the government jobs I can get after completion of B.Tech Electronics and Communication?
  12. List of books to refer for government exams after completion of B.E Civil engineering?
  13. What is the eligibility for government job after completion of civil engineering?
  14. How should I prepare to get a job in Civil Engineering in government sector after passing B.Tech Civil?
  15. Which is better for me after B.Tech Civil Engineering between M.Tech and MBA? Which branch is preferable for me in M.Tech? Scope of job after B.Tech or M.Tech or MBA?
  16. What are the various job options available in government sector after completion of B.Tech course?
  17. In which way I should prepare to get a Government Job after completion of B.Sc course?
  18. Eligibility for job in Railway or any other government sector after B.Tech in Civil Engineering? Details of competitive exams for the same?
23rd June 2016, 10:51 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for getting Government job after completion of B.Tech with Civil branch?

Yes, you can appear for GATE examination and other entrance examination conducted by Railway board for recruitment in core jobs.

GATE is conducted for recruitment in PSU'S jobs.

Other than getting core jobs you can appear for :-

Banking.

Defence.

Railway.

Civil Services.

The examination is conducted in various stages and candidates have to qualify in all stages of examination for final recruitment.
24th June 2016, 02:58 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to prepare for getting Government job after completion of B.Tech with Civil branch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir,
I have completed B.Tech with Civil branch and now want to do a Government job. Please guide me how to prepare for Government job after completion of B.Tech Civil Engineering as a fresher?

The aspirant has to clear the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) to get a job in various government PSUs.
The marks scored in the B.Tech and GATE score will be considered for the admission. The organizations will also conduct entrance examination for the admission. The competition for the PSU will be high, as they pay high salary. So you have to prepare well and clear GATE with good score. You should have an in depth knowledge in your subject (Civil). Various PSUs are recruiting engineering graduates with good GATE score. They also expect 60 to 70% marks in engineering graduation. So prepare well for GATE and score good marks.
24th June 2016, 03:46 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Civil engineers have so many career prospects in field of public and private sector. There are technical and non technical government job options for you. If you want to do technical government jobs then you must apply for exams like GATE.

*GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This exam has become important for Public Sector Undertaking jobs. Once you clear this exam with good rank, you can get job in PSUs like NTPC, IOCL, ONGC etc after group discussion and interview.

Preparation for this exam can be done by having clear cut concepts about your technical subjects, practice objective questions and numerical ones of your technical papers and you can score well in this exam.

*Other than GATE exam, you can apply for Indian Engineering Services. For both these exams, you can join MADE EASY if you can not do self preparation.
24th June 2016, 11:20 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You can both prepare on your own as well as take help of any good coaching Institution or can go for private tutors, if you wish to and can very much prepare for your government examination. You should however be really focused on your studies as cracking these examinations is not that easy.

You should go on collecting notes and sample papers of the prospective examination from Internet and should use it in your preparation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?